"Cloud Account Not Found" Error

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Trying to create a Quicken Transfer File and process crashes halfway through.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @LittleMasti and @all,

Thank you for your response and for submitting your logs. I apologize that this error is still occurring. 

Please refer to the current Ongoing Active Alert that we have in regards to this error. This issue has been escalated and our teams are diligently working towards a resolution. Here is a link to this Alert which you can follow and bookmark in order to stay up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901893/new-11-19-21-sign-in-loop-error-message-mac/p1?new=1

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we truly appreciate your patience and support as we work towards a resolution. 
    Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• MPB2022
    MPB2022 Member ✭✭
    Same thing is happening to me... It started a few days ago. Everything was working fine and I hadn't made any changes. When I tried to update my accounts, I got a pop-up that said: ' Cloud Account Not Found" Quicken cannot find a corresponding cloud account.
    Click "Set up a new cloud account" to resolve the issue.
    You should reconnect your bank accounts if necessary after setup is complete.

I tried to "Set up a new cloud account" and nothing happened.

I was chatting with Quicken support and the had me export the QXF file. The process starts and I can see the file in the download folder. The last step completes and then the file just disappears from the folder. No crash report.

I'm using Quicken Deluxe Mac Subscription, Version 6.5.1 macOS 11.6.1
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    MPB2022 said:
    Same thing is happening to me... It started a few days ago. Everything was working fine and I hadn't made any changes. When I tried to update my accounts, I got a pop-up that said: ' Cloud Account Not Found" Quicken cannot find a corresponding cloud account.
    Click "Set up a new cloud account" to resolve the issue.
    You should reconnect your bank accounts if necessary after setup is complete.

I tried to "Set up a new cloud account" and nothing happened.

I was chatting with Quicken support and the had me export the QXF file. The process starts and I can see the file in the download folder. The last step completes and then the file just disappears from the folder. No crash report.

I'm using Quicken Deluxe Mac Subscription, Version 6.5.1 macOS 11.6.1
    Hello @MPB2022,

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this frustrating issue with exporting and importing QXF files. Thank you for adding to this discussion with some additional - and very interesting - information. When you go into Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is running, do you see any Quicken IDs under Cloud Account? What appears on the screen at this point?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • MPB2022
    MPB2022 Member ✭✭
    When I go into Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services and click on connected services I get the verifying connection to Quicken Cloud window, the the screen says, Quicken could not verify the connection to Quicken Cloud. It's really frustrating... I've relied on Quicken for the last 25 plus years for my personal finances and automatic updates. Having to do updates manually is horrible!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @MPB2022,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MPB2022
    MPB2022 Member ✭✭
    @"Quicken Anja" Thanks for the update... Not sure if it helps but the only change I made to Quicken was changing from the Starter to Deluxe in November.
  • MPB2022
    MPB2022 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja

When I tried to resolve my issue via chat I was told I needed to call. Since this is a known problem is there any reason to discuss this on a call with technical support or should I just wait for a resolution?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MPB2022

Thank you for your response and pardon the delay in ours. For now, I would suggest bookmarking the open alert linked by Quicken Anja. Since this issue is currently being worked on, there may not be other troubleshooting steps to take at this time. We appreciate your patience greatly!

If you come across any other errors please let us know!

-Quicken Paloma
  • DougSuth
    DougSuth Member
    I am having the same problem "Cloud account not found" when I try to update my accounts. I hope this can be resolved quickly.
  • DougSuth
    DougSuth Member
    Has anything been done to resolve this issue?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DougSuth

Thank you for the inquiry and pardon the delay in response. There is an open alert at the moment regarding this issue. Our teams are working diligently towards a solution. 

To receive updates and more information as it becomes available please visit and bookmark the link below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901893/new-11-19-21-sign-in-loop-error-message-mac/p1?new=1

Hope this provides clarification. Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • ejkimmd
    ejkimmd Member ✭✭
    Same problem here starting a few weeks ago. I continue to enter my transactions but the update is broken. In addition, some of my data may have been corrupted. The balances are wrong in at least a few of my accounts (maybe all of them).
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ejkimmd said:
    Same problem here starting a few weeks ago. I continue to enter my transactions but the update is broken. In addition, some of my data may have been corrupted. The balances are wrong in at least a few of my accounts (maybe all of them).
    Hello @ejkimmd

I am sorry to hear that you are being troubled by this problem, as well. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this matter.

I recommend that you follow the Open Alert linked by @Quicken Paloma in an earlier post. If the issue at hand is the same, updates about the situation will be made available there.

I do have one other question for you. Do you know where your active data file is being stored? You can always check this by going to File > Show "(data file name will be displayed here)" in Finder in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • MPB2022
    MPB2022 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    This issue has been ongoing since November. [Removed - Rant]
  • Me-N-Me
    Me-N-Me Member
    Please! All Mac users are begging you to resolve this issue.
  • Joe Go
    Joe Go Member
    Quicken cannot find a corresponding cloud account.
    Click "Set up a new cloud account" to resolve the issue....
    I have the same issue. I have a clean backup...account balances are / were accurate based on the date of the backup. When I create a 'new cloud account' and jacks up transactions which were previously reconciled..its a real mess. I need to know how to reset this up and not have old transactions impacted from previous years..please advise..if I can not go back an reconcile and fix transactions from 5 years ago....this is insane
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Joe Go and @all,

Thank you for taking the time to participate in this discussion and to let us know that you are also receiving this error. 

In regards to those experiencing the "Cloud Account could not be found" error message, Could you please submit your information logs over to Quicken? You can do this by going to Help>Report a Problem. If you could also include a screenshot of the error message that you are receiving, that would be most helpful. 

Please let me know once you have completed this, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• LittleMasti
    LittleMasti Member ✭✭
    Is there a way around this? Can I reinstall Quicken and restore the file from a backup to solve the problem? I am stuck.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @LittleMasti,

Thank you for your response. We are wanting to investigate this error further which is why we ask for you to send your logs over to Quicken in order to be able to figure out the issue and work towards a resolution. 

If you could please send your logs, that would be great. You can do this by going to Help>Report a Problem. 

Please let me know once you have completed this. 
    Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• LittleMasti
    LittleMasti Member ✭✭
    I've already reported the issue. I agree that in order to reach a comprehensive solution, extensive data analysis is required. However, according to various posts, it has been 4 months. At least give us some workaround. 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Hello @LittleMasti and @all,

Thank you for your response and for submitting your logs. I apologize that this error is still occurring. 

Please refer to the current Ongoing Active Alert that we have in regards to this error. This issue has been escalated and our teams are diligently working towards a resolution. Here is a link to this Alert which you can follow and bookmark in order to stay up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we truly appreciate your patience and support as we work towards a resolution. 
    Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's hard to understand how this hasn't been addressed after four months. If there is some deep technical problem requiring them to do extensive re-coding of parts of their back-end, then some statement about the issue other than "our teams are working on it" would be appropriate. Unfortunately, that's not the way the company usually functions; they say nothing until one day the problem is suddenly fixed.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • LittleMasti
    LittleMasti Member ✭✭
    Quicken for Mac, unfortunately, is not available through the Apple app store. Otherwise, it could have been reported that Quicken was unable to resolve a problem affecting Mac users for four months, effectively holding us hostage. Apple does have an app monitoring program, and Quicken is big enough to warrant their attention. Perhaps Apple can provide some technical assistance. It’s hard to believe that a company like Quicken does not have a technical brain that could resolve the issue. Or it looks like Quicken is trying to exit the Mac market. That is why they may have decided not to invest in the Quicken Mac version and instead use copy-paste BOTS to communicate with customers.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @LittleMasti  While I'm completely with you on the frustration over this issue, you've jumped to some off-the-mark conclusions…

• I'm certain the company is not "trying to exit the Mac market"; they have been fully invested in building the features of Quicken Mac, and there is no indication that has waned.

• While the moderators have not provided any useful information about this issue, they're real humans who do try to help Quicken users. I believe that they say they have no information because they actually aren't privy to any information; they say there's no ETA because they don't get any such information. That's particularly true when the issues involve Quicken's business partnership with Intuit, who handles all the connectivity issues. I fault management for not creating a culture of providing more information for customers when issues like this come up, not the moderators.

• As for your claim that if the program were available in the Mac App Store, Apple would do something about it, I think you misunderstand what Apple does and doesn't do. They check applications for violations of Apple developer policies, but they don't get involved when there are bugs with a program. (In this case, it's not even clear if the bug is with the Quicken app or their back-end servers.) I feel certain Apple would not be involved in pressuring Quicken to fix performance issues.

Unfortunately, there is something broken with Quicken connectivity every single day, because financial institutions are constantly making changes and breaking Quicken's connectivity; that's just a fact of life because the financial services industry has created some standards for transferring transaction data, but not a robust enough standard to make everything work smoothly. Apple wouldn't change that. Nor would Apple be involved in getting a bug fixed. (FYI, Quicken used to be on the App Store, but because of delays in Apple's checking of updates, Quicken decided it was better to be able to push new releases directly to customers without the delay. And Quicken's subscription pricing model doesn't mesh with Apple's 30% cut of App store revenues.) In my opinion, things have been much better since Quicken stopped selling on the App store.

It's my assumption that whatever issues are involved with the cloud account problem are complicated, and depend on coordinating programming changes between various teams at Quicken (at least Mac and Cloud, perhaps also Windows and Simplifi) and perhaps Intuit as well. I do think it's bad that this issue has been ongoing for four months, but I think the bigger foul is Quicken's inability or unwillingness to be transparent with customers about a long-running problem. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • MKASPERZAK
    MKASPERZAK Member ✭✭
    I had this issue a week ago, and after hours updating had it resolved. Then I installed an update last night, and when I checked the account today, it happened again!
  • LittleMasti
    LittleMasti Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > @LittleMasti  While I'm completely with you on the frustration over this issue, you've jumped to some off-the-mark conclusions…
    >
    > • I'm certain the company is not "trying to exit the Mac market"; they have been fully invested in building the features of Quicken Mac, and there is no indication that has waned.
    >
    > • While the moderators have not provided any useful information about this issue, they're real humans who do try to help Quicken users. I believe that they say they have no information because they actually aren't privy to any information; they say there's no ETA because they don't get any such information. That's particularly true when the issues involve Quicken's business partnership with Intuit, who handles all the connectivity issues. I fault management for not creating a culture of providing more information for customers when issues like this come up, not the moderators.
    >
    > • As for your claim that if the program were available in the Mac App Store, Apple would do something about it, I think you misunderstand what Apple does and doesn't do. They check applications for violations of Apple developer policies, but they don't get involved when there are bugs with a program. (In this case, it's not even clear if the bug is with the Quicken app or their back-end servers.) I feel certain Apple would not be involved in pressuring Quicken to fix performance issues.
    >
    > Unfortunately, there is something broken with Quicken connectivity every single day, because financial institutions are constantly making changes and breaking Quicken's connectivity; that's just a fact of life because the financial services industry has created some standards for transferring transaction data, but not a robust enough standard to make everything work smoothly. Apple wouldn't change that. Nor would Apple be involved in getting a bug fixed. (FYI, Quicken used to be on the App Store, but because of delays in Apple's checking of updates, Quicken decided it was better to be able to push new releases directly to customers without the delay. And Quicken's subscription pricing model doesn't mesh with Apple's 30% cut of App store revenues.) In my opinion, things have been much better since Quicken stopped selling on the App store.
    >
    > It's my assumption that whatever issues are involved with the cloud account problem are complicated, and depend on coordinating programming changes between various teams at Quicken (at least Mac and Cloud, perhaps also Windows and Simplifi) and perhaps Intuit as well. I do think it's bad that this issue has been ongoing for four months, but I think the bigger foul is Quicken's inability or unwillingness to be transparent with customers about a long-running problem. 

Thank you for your detailed explanation, and please accept my apologies for taking your time. It's wonderful to know you're a happy customer. I also work in a similar setting, so I'm familiar with behind-the-scenes goings-on. They will never prioritize work for a small set of users, whether it has been four months or four years. They won't fix anything unless a significant number of Mac users are impacted. This, in my opinion, is not a simple software bug or error, but rather the result of incompetent software development and poor architecture. Do you think it's a reasonable request to extend the subscription by four months (4/5)?
  • MKASPERZAK
    MKASPERZAK Member ✭✭
    I was able to correct the issue on my desktop by logging out each account, then reconnecting, but had to do a LOT of cleanup in each account. But when traveling and logging in with my desktop, after the most recent software Update, the issue arose again with the database stored in the icloud. When I got home, I used the database I had recently updated and all is working as usual, though I am now afraid to update the software.
  • pecopie
    pecopie Member ✭✭
    For about 3 months I've had recurring problems with Quicken Mac that have required restoring from backups, cleaning up duplications, etc etc. Many, many hours of wasted time doing that, and additional hours a few times online with Quicken support. For 20+years (initially with Microsoft, past 4+ years with Mac) there were never problems like this. VERY frustrating, VERY concerning for financial management software.

FWIW, one thing I've been doing recently that has helped when Quicken won't open the data file, and won't restore from the most recent automatic backup... rather than going to an even older automatic backup file which would require even more cleanup than a more recent automatic backup file would... I close Quicken and all programs, reboot the Mac, open Quicken, and SOMETIMES the original data file opens, but if it doesn't, almost always I can successfully restore from the most recent automatic backup. Also, because I know this failure-to-open the data file problem occurs 3-5 times a week, I am now in the habit of forcing multiple daily automatic backups by exiting Quicken multiple times a day after I have done any significant work in Quicken that I don't want to lose. These frequent exits and reopening waste a lot of time, but at least I am not losing a lot of transaction/report work that I would have to recreate.

Bottom line, Quicken used to be a very, very, very reliable rock-solid tool. It's not that anymore.
This discussion has been closed.