Alliant Credit Union Not Staying Linked

RDym
RDym Member ✭✭
Starting a couple of days ago every time Quicken tries to connect/download from Alliant Credit Union I have to re connect my accounts. That solves the problem but it is very annoying. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @RDym

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. In order to help us better assist you, would you mind elaborating on this issue?

Are your accounts completely disconnecting on their own? Or are you seeing an error that requires you to reconnect your accounts? You can check this by going into your Account Settings through Accounts > Settings or by clicking the Settings Gear in the lower righthand corner of your register and selecting the Downloads tab. If the accounts say "Connect Account", that means they're disconnected. Alternatively, if they are showing your account details, that indicates that they are still connected. If you are getting an error, what exactly is the error message that you are receiving? If possible, would you mind providing a screenshot of the error window? 

If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can drag and drop screenshots into your response if you aren't given the option to add attachments.

FAQ: How do I post a screenshot in the Community from Windows?

FAQ: How do I post a screenshot in the Community from a Mac?

Seeing the error firsthand can be very helpful... When posting here in the Community, it is very helpful to include screenshots of what you are seeing in order to help others help you. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once you have obtained this additional information, please reach back out to us so that we may assist you further. Thank you!

-Quicken September

• RDym
    RDym Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the followup...I have had to re-log into Alliant Credit Union every day for the past week or so. I believe the issue is with the Alliant Visa. Here is a screen shot of the error message..
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    RDym said:
    Thanks for the followup...I have had to re-log into Alliant Credit Union every day for the past week or so. I believe the issue is with the Alliant Visa. Here is a screen shot of the error message..
    @RDym,

Thank you for working with us on this issue, and I am sorry that you are experiencing this error message. Do you know what instance of Alliant Credit Union you are using to connect? Also, if you can, it may be helpful to report this problem to the Quicken support team. You can do this by going to the Help option in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then going to Report a Problem.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • CTP
    CTP Member
    My Alliant Credit Union Accounts do not sync anymore. Last sync was 12/31/2021. Ideas to fix?
  • Quicken Jared
    CTP said:
    My Alliant Credit Union Accounts do not sync anymore. Last sync was 12/31/2021. Ideas to fix?
    Hello @CTP,

I am saddened to hear that you are experiencing this issue with syncing accounts. Thank you for drawing our attention to the problem here on the Quicken Community. Have you already tried reseting your cloud account? You would do this by going to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services in the upper left-hand corner of the menu that appears at the top of the menu while Quicken is open, then clicking Reset

If this has been attempted, I would recommend following the instructions provided in my reply to @RDym. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Note that it seems like the backend has changed as of 9 December 2021 (the FITID is now a GUID). The download failures are less disastrous, as now I’m no longer getting triplicate entries, but I’m still constantly having to reset the connection putting in my username and password just about daily.

This is not just this person’s experience. Please search these boards for “Alliant”. The Alliant connection is just flat out broken. All my other FIs work. All of them. Perfectly. For years. And Alliant I need to reset every day.
  • dpsa
    dpsa Member ✭✭
    Alliant Credit Union is the only account I am forever having this problem. Please fix it!
  • Quicken Jared
    Avi Dee said:
    Note that it seems like the backend has changed as of 9 December 2021 (the FITID is now a GUID). The download failures are less disastrous, as now I’m no longer getting triplicate entries, but I’m still constantly having to reset the connection putting in my username and password just about daily.

This is not just this person’s experience. Please search these boards for “Alliant”. The Alliant connection is just flat out broken. All my other FIs work. All of them. Perfectly. For years. And Alliant I need to reset every day.
    Hello @Avi Dee

I know that these download and connection issues can be troubling. I am happy you took the time to bring this before the Quicken Community for further discussion.

I am assuming that by 'reset the connection,' you mean that you have been resetting the cloud, correct? If I might ask, what connection method are you using to link your account to Alliant Credit Union's online banking services? You can check this by selecting the account(s) and then going to Settings > Downloads via the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner.

I hope to hear more from you about any possible updates or additional circumstances.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • JALMOP1
    JALMOP1 Member ✭✭
    I too continually have problems downloading from Alliant Credit Union. The only bank or brokerage account that fails to work every time. Sometimes the status shows successful with a transaction count, but none of the transactions appear in the register. Sometimes it show successful with no transactions but there are indeed recent transactions posted on the Alliant site. I've tried update login, reset connection, and change connection type, nothing works. But almost always wait a day and it works as expected. Very frustrating.
  • SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I'm having the exact same problem at the moment as JALMOP1: "Sometimes it show successful with no transactions but there are indeed recent transactions posted on the Alliant site." [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > I am assuming that by 'reset the connection,' you mean that you have been resetting the cloud, correct?

So far I haven’t needed to do that any more. What I mean is right-clicking the account on the list on the left, select “Edit Settings”, and in the Account Settings dialog, clicking “Update Login” and giving my username and password again.

> If I might ask, what connection method are you using to link your account to Alliant Credit Union's online banking services?

“Quicken Connect” is what it says.
  • Quicken Jared
    Avi Dee said:
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > I am assuming that by 'reset the connection,' you mean that you have been resetting the cloud, correct?

So far I haven’t needed to do that any more. What I mean is right-clicking the account on the list on the left, select “Edit Settings”, and in the Account Settings dialog, clicking “Update Login” and giving my username and password again.

> If I might ask, what connection method are you using to link your account to Alliant Credit Union's online banking services?

“Quicken Connect” is what it says.
    @Avi Dee,                               

I see. Thank you for following up with me, and I am sorry that this issue appears to be troubling you, still. 

How many times have you changed your username and login for the account, recently? If I am understanding the steps you are taking, this is not a typical solution. Be sure that you are clearing the Keychain Access app if you are making changes to account credentials of any kind. In fact, I will go through the steps associated with that, here.

First, disconnect the accounts associated with Alliant Credit Union by following these procedures:
    1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    5. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    6. Select the Downloads tab.
    7. Click on Disconnect Account.
    8. Click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    9. Quit Quicken.
    Next, delete the relevant passwords from the Keychain Access app, itself, by going through these steps:
    1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.
    At this stage, we will update the Bank List in Quicken, and here are the instructions required for this:
    1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    Lastly, we will re-add the accounts associated with Alliant Credit Union:
    1. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    2. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    3. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have setup in Quicken.
    Hopefully these steps are helpful, as the changes made in the account credentials may be part of the issue. I look forward to your reply and hope to continue speaking with you about this, if necessary.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I have not changed my username nor password and this keeps happening.

Jared, please search these boards for “Alliant”. This is a known issue with Alliant. Your old aggregator had issues with Alliant, and your new one does too.

Please take my feedback that Alliant is broken [Removed - Speculation]

Literally NO OTHER FI that my Quicken connects to has this issue, *only* Alliant. [Removed - Disruptive/Speculation]
  • SeattleSummer76
    edited January 2022
    > @Avi Dee said:
    > Jared, please search these boards for “Alliant”. This is a known issue with Alliant. Your old aggregator had issues with Alliant, and your new one does too.
    >
    > Please take my feedback that Alliant is broken [Removed - Speculation]

I couldn’t agree more. This morning I had to once again completely disconnect my account from Alliant and then reconnect it by putting in my username and password yet again. Searching for “Alliant” on these boards shows it is the same issue or similar issues again, and again, and again.

[Removed - Speculation]
  • Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    Re “[Removed - Disruptive/Speculation]”

My apologies. My intention is not to be disruptive, nor to be speculative.

I’m just frustrated and saddened that Alliant has been broken for so long for me. I have reported it repeatedly on this board and I have called support to report it through official channels. I don’t know what else to do.
  • SeattleSummer76
    edited January 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful] Please escalate this issue to Pehr. I'll be doing the same.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't done so recently and are still experiencing issues with Alliant Credit Union, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit your log files.

These problem submissions go directly to a database that is accessible by members of the Development and Product Teams, our Support Team, and Escalation Team.

While you will not receive a response by submitting a problem report, the reports received are reviewed daily. Once we receive multiple reports of the same issue, those reports will be investigated further. The more problem reports we receive regarding this issue, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Avi Dee
    Avi Dee Member ✭✭
    I sent my logs via “report a problem.”
This discussion has been closed.