Anyone else having trouble with the Rebalance Portfolio pop-up report?

Jasmine93
Jasmine93 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
As of today (2/13/22) the pop-up rebalancing report doesn't pop-up anymore. It worked on 2/10/22. I updated Quicken on 2/5/22 to v. R38.29.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to the window that is displayed when you are at Investing > Portfolio and click on the Rebalance portfolio button?

That works as usual for me.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by "Rebalancing Report" and how do you get to it?  Because I'm not aware of such a report in QWin.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wild guess.  Lately there have been many reports (some by me) where the user selects something that is supposed to bring up an embedded web page and instead they get a web page saying that it is “canceled”.  There are several places around Quicken that use embedded webpages.  The “What if” in the Lifetime Planner is one example, and F1 for the Help is another.  The Rebalancing window is another example.

So, I suspect whatever is causing that problem in the other locations is causing it in the Rebalancing window.

Note that even though it has be reported of this kind of thing happening when updating to R38.29 it has been very inconsistent.  For instance once it was reported I went back just one release and still had the problem in the Lifetime Planner.  When I went back to R36.X it was OK.  But later I updated again to R38.29 and didn’t have the problem.  So, I have no idea what is actually triggering the problem, but it will affect a lot places in Quicken that are using embedded web pages.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Both the "Show Allocation Guide" and the Rebalance Portfolio" buttons on the Allocations page of the investing tab have suddenly stopped working
  • Jasmine93
    Jasmine93 Member ✭✭✭
    It's still happening on my version. You get there by going to the Investments tab - Allocations - then at the bottom of the Asset Allocations section there are three buttons - Show Full Graph, Show Allocation Guide, and Rebalance Portfolio. Neither the Show Allocation Guide nor the Rebalance Portfolio buttons show any results.

I am intrigued about the issue with embedded web pages, I just don't know how to tell if this is that problem. I have been having trouble with Google Chrome for the last 3-4 weeks, but I don't know if Quicken even uses Chrome. I always thought it used Internet Explorer (probably Edge, now).

I see that there is a new version of Quicken available. I am going to install that and see if it helps.
  • Jasmine93
    Jasmine93 Member ✭✭✭
    I upgraded to QWin R38.30 just now, and the Rebalance Portfolio still does not work. I'm going to report the problem to Q Support.
  • Jasmine93
    Jasmine93 Member ✭✭✭
    I got on a Chat session with Quicken Tech Support. They tried several things with my database (Validate, Super Validate...) that did not work. Finally uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken. That worked!
  • elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    also validated and supervalidated to no avail.
    Will try reinstalling
    thanks
  • elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    reinstalling solved the problem for me
  • elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    Actually, I take that back. I reinstalled last night and it worked fine. This morning, I reopened my file, and have the same problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    elubat said:
    Actually, I take that back. I reinstalled last night and it worked fine. This morning, I reopened my file, and have the same problem.
    Another person in another thread reported the same. I'm not sure what is causing this or how to really resolve it.  I suggest you report it with Help -> Report a problem
    AND Contact Quicken Support to see if they have any way to fix it.

Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked mine again, it isn't working again.  Whatever it is something keeps wiping it out.
    Signature:
  • Jasmine93
    Jasmine93 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Another person in another thread reported the same. I'm not sure what is causing this or how to really resolve it.  I suggest you report it with Help -> Report a problem
    > AND Contact Quicken Support to see if they have any way to fix it.
    >
    > Contact Quicken Support

I just checked my QWin and the Rebalance Portfolio and Show Allocation Guide do not work today. So re-installing worked for a minute.

I will take your advice and report the problem. I also have a Customer Satisfaction Survey to fill out from yesterday's chat session. I will report it there, too.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited February 2022
    Perhaps related to this issue and Q's embedded web browser, I am also experiencing errors in the Lifetime Planner when I click on Change Assumptions or Explore What Ifs.

I get a window titled Navigation Canceled with the error message "Navigation to the Webpage was canceled"

And I just noticed the same problem described above: On the Investing > Allocations page, when I click on Rebalance Portfolio, nothing happens.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps related to this issue and Q's embedded web browser, I am also experiencing errors in the Lifetime Planner when I click on Change Assumptions or Explore What Ifs.

I get a window titled Navigation Canceled with the error message "Navigation to the Webpage was canceled"

And I just noticed the same problem described above: On the Investing > Allocations page, when I click on Rebalance Portfolio, nothing happens.
    Yes, they are all the same problem.
    Signature:
  • Jim_Harman
    edited February 2022
    Oddly, I found that switching to a different data file then back to my primary file resolved this problem (for now)

Update:
    • When I switch to a different data file, I must re-enter my Quicken ID and password (this may be unrelated)
    • The Rebalance Portfolio and LTP Change Assumptions functions work correctly with the second data file.
    • These functions continue to work correctly when I return to my primary file
    • They break again when I exit Quicken, reboot my PC, and restart Quicken, but switching data files as above makes them work again.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Jim_Harman really strange (this whole but is strange).  I switched data files, and it doesn't work in either (not change of login in needed).  I even logged out and back in, no change (not working).
    Signature:
  • Jasmine93
    Jasmine93 Member ✭✭✭
    I confirmed what Jim_Harman said on Feb 18.

If I switch to another database, Q makes me sign-in, but when I switch back to my primary db, the Rebalance Portfolio and Show Allocation Guide pop-up's work. If I then shut Q down and start Q again, it makes me sign-in and Rebalance Portfolio and Show Allocation Guide pop-up's work.

I'm not sure what is going on here, but this seems like a useable workaround while Q Support is working to solve the problem. (Fingers crossed that they are working on it!)
  • jbourg
    jbourg Member ✭✭
    I am still seeing this same problem with Rebalance Portfolio as of today. First noticed it a few days ago. When I switch data files, sometimes I'm asked to log into quicken, sometimes not - very inconsistent. Problem still not resolved. Anyone have any other updates form Quicken or other users or theads on this site?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This issue has been escalated and is being worked on. A fix is expected to be made available with the next update release in version R39.

We apologize for any inconvenience experienced in the meantime and appreciate your patience!
    Thank you.
    (QWIN-20364/CTP-3446)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.