Add ability to enter HSA Employer Contributions on Paycheck Wizard

lizhill
lizhill Member ✭✭
Please add the ability to enter HSA Employer Contributions on Paycheck Wizard similar to how the 401(k) match works.
14 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The need to have more than a single "Employer Match" line exists in QWin also.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ties in with the issue that has been reported for those with Roth 401(k)s and Employer matches, where they have to create a zero amount traditional 401(k) contribution in order for the Employer match line to be visible.

There are several enhancements in waiting for the Payroll Wizard; maybe there is an opportunity to do them all at once?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is long overdue.  Having an HSA contribution in the paycheck wizard and the ability to contribute to a prior year (similar to how when you pay your taxes due in April and it asks you if it is for the previous year) is needed for this very common account.  It could even warn if you are approaching your contribution limit, and if you go over, tell you by how much, etc.  I believe IRA supports functions like this so shouldn't be a big undertaking to apply that same logic to HSA.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @Drinkingbird,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and merged your Idea to this active Idea thread regarding this topic.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. Please, be sure to add your own vote as well by clicking the up arrow (see example below).

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Drinkingbird,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and merged your Idea to this active Idea thread regarding this topic.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. Please, be sure to add your own vote as well by clicking the up arrow (see example below).

Thank you!
    Ok, well my suggestion is to support HSA account s in general not just an employer match...
  • Quicken Anja
    edited February 2022
    @Drinkingbird in that case, I recommend you also visit this active Idea post as well which is currently marked as Under Consideration.

You can also click the bookmark ribbon located in the upper right to be notified of updates as they become available.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja