Persistent transaction download issue: "Sync Error"

cfeverhart
cfeverhart Member ✭✭
I'm getting a warning box with this title on every update. Text:
"Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.
Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support."

It's been going on for weeks. More than just 2022.

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @CAPPY,

Thank you for your response. You are right, we do currently have an ongoing active alert regarding this error message. 

I have added a link to the alert which you can follow and bookmark in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907105/ongoing-3-1-22-sync-error-quicken-encountered-an-error-while-communicating-with-our-servers#latest

Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work towards a resolution. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Hello @CAPPY and @All,

Thank you for your responses. Due to you all still experiencing this error after the alert has been resolved and the troubleshooting steps not working, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance so they can walk you through a resolution in real-time. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a warning box with this title on every update. Text:
    "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.
    Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support."

It's been going on for weeks. More than just 2022.
    Hello @cfeverhart

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this error, and I thank you for drawing the attention of the Quicken Community to this matter by opening this thread. 

Before we move any further with troubleshooting recommendations, there are some questions I have for you. Do you notice this when you try to download transactions from all of your accounts, or just a few? Do you see the words 'General Error' anywhere in the error message? Also, what kind of Connection Type are you using for the account or accounts that are experiencing these symptoms? You can check this last item by going to Settings > Downloads in the lower right-hand corner of the Quicken window after you have selected an account to work with.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I have since opened ticket 9184522 and have been told that it is merged into case 9216456.

To your specific questions, yes I see a "General Error." response. It's not useful so I didn't include it. I have reported this error from the "Sync Errors" box many times. Because the error text points to "communicating with OUR servers", I didn't think there was much I could do about it. I don't know how to ask for an update of just one bank-connected account; I used to be able to do that in the Windows version, but I moved to Mac a couple years ago and can do so no longer.

I have no idea which account might be prompting this issue. I thought it might have been a Capital One account, but as of now that account does not download (I disconnected it) and I still get the General Error.

Active downloads include Vanguard, TIAA, PNC Bank (Direct Connect), Fidelity Rewards Credit Card, and Fidelity NetBenefits.

Craig
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    So many entries from Quicken personnel saying how this is an in-progress issue for weeks and months.
    And that work is proceeding.
    May I ask what is happening? I used to do that kind of engineering, taking way less than weeks for any issue [Removed-Disruptive]
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cfeverhart

Thank you for your response. Pardon the frustration caused by this issue. At the moment we do not have any additional information. Our teams are working diligently towards a soltuion. Your patience is greatly appreciated. If you have other questions or concerns please let us know. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    I understand that you think I'm being disruptive and are censoring my comments. I just want to know what steps are being taken, and I mentioned that I used to be in a comparable field with quicker results. You know what the inputs and outputs are. Is the customer base not paying for a supported product?
  • lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with cfeverhart. I get that error as well when I am trying to download from capital one. It isn't on our end that is causing these issues..
    Quicken User since the DOS days...
  • Hi @cfeverhart and @lablover57,

Thank you for contacting the Community and for your responses, I understand that this error can be frustrating. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding the general sync error. I have added a link to this alert so that you may remain up to date on any current information/ETAs that may come out or any resolutions that may develop.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7908339/updated-2-11-22-osu-general-sync-error-for-mac-and-cc-501-for-quicken-windows#latest

Thank you for your continued patience and support.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Ms Q. Jasmine,

The above incident (9221515) has apparently been marked as "resolved." What does that mean for the Quicken/Mac incident? FYI I still get the "Sync Error" box when downloading.

Craig
  • Quicken Jared
    edited February 2022
    Ms Q. Jasmine,

The above incident (9221515) has apparently been marked as "resolved." What does that mean for the Quicken/Mac incident? FYI I still get the "Sync Error" box when downloading.

Craig
    Hello @cfeverhart,           

I am sorry that the problem is continuing to create difficulties for you. Thank you for keeping in touch with us in regards to this problem. 

The particular error that was causing that case of the Sync Error has been resolved. Fortunately, there are some additional steps we can take to resolve the error as it is affecting you. 

Have you tried resetting the cloud account? First, save a backup by going to File > Save a backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services then click Reset.

I look forward to hearing from you again, and I hope to continue working with you on this issue, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• brown.113
    brown.113 Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared, Thanks for the suggestion, however, when I try to reset, I get the same error message as with the bank accounts. In a separate, but related vein, I am unable to successfully transmit error logs or synch with iPad account data. I can download other data via Quicken, so the connection to the internet is sound. Thanks for your thoughts.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Yes, Jared, I get the same Sync Error box with that as well. And then when I try sending the feedback report, I get the same Sync Error box. Maybe data is getting through; I don't know.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited February 2022
    Yes, Jared, I get the same Sync Error box with that as well. And then when I try sending the feedback report, I get the same Sync Error box. Maybe data is getting through; I don't know.
    Hello @cfeverhart, and @brown.113

Thank you for keeping in touch and providing updates about the situation. I am sorry that this issue is persisting. 

There is currently an open alert regarding sync errors of the kind you are describing. You can obtain more information about this, as well as updates related to the situation in the thread linked below:   

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907105/ongoing-2-15-22-sync-error-quicken-encountered-an-error-while-communicating-with-our-servers#latest

Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark ...

If you are getting "Oops, something went wrong" ...
    Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Sorry, there's no VPN in my setup. I can make lots of outgoing connections.
  • lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭
    Same with me.. No VPN, can access everything else. If I exit out of Quicken, then I am able to download. 
  • Hello @lablover57 and @cfeverhart,

Thank you for your responses, I apologize that this error is still occurring and I understand that it may be frustrating. 

The active alert that @Quicken Jared posted previously in this thread is still ongoing with no current ETA. I have reposted a link to this alert so you may remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that develop. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907105/ongoing-2-15-22-sync-error-quicken-encountered-an-error-while-communicating-with-our-servers#latest

Again, I truly apologize for the trouble this may be causing.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭
    Amazing.
  • BigJazzBoi
    BigJazzBoi Member
    I don't understand. It's marked as "Resolved". Is it resolved or not?
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Related - new issue... cannot re-set log-ins for account?   Error Message: AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:FDP-8400)
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @CAPPY and @BigJazzBoi,

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving this aggregator error. Thank you for bringing this matter before the attention of the Quicken Community for discussion and support.

As always, save a backup before any other troubleshooting steps are attempted. You can do this by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while the Quicken application is open. I recommend doing this frequently whenever using Quicken, as it can be extremely beneficial in a variety of contexts.

Now, select the affected account and go to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the menu at the top of the screen. Click Disconnect Account. Next, go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services in the same menu mentioned previously. Click Reset to the right, next to your Cloud account information in the window that appears there. Now, try connecting your account(s) by going to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the Quicken window, denoted by the '+' icon. When prompted, select LINK under the Action column for each account that has already been added in Quicken which is currently unconnected to online banking services, rather than 'Add' or 'Ignore.'

Please let me know how this works for you, I look forward to hearing your response.
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Jasmine.... It did help, but took most of my morning.. Two accounts got overlapped? One of my savings accounts got linked to checking.   I had to start a new new account because links got overlapped between two accounts.  (I had four separate accounts with the bank).  It is now fixed and appears to be downloading, and was able to re-set online password.  Thank you...   Other on-going Sync error notice continues. 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @CAPPY,

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve some of the issues that you were experiencing although I am sorry to hear that there was so much overlapping that needed to be fixed. 

Now onto the sync error that is occurring, what is the exact error message that you are receiving? It would help if you posted a screenshot of the error with your response. What exactly do you do that initiates this sync error to occur?

I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    I think it is the same Sync error that you are working on...  see attached screen shot.  There is also the on-going sync issue with mobile app?..(Not showing investments?) 

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Hello @CAPPY,

Thank you for your response. You are right, we do currently have an ongoing active alert regarding this error message. 

I have added a link to the alert which you can follow and bookmark in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907105/ongoing-3-1-22-sync-error-quicken-encountered-an-error-while-communicating-with-our-servers#latest

Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work towards a resolution. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• BigJazzBoi
    BigJazzBoi Member
    I am getting the exact same error as @CAPPY . Here is a slightly redacted error report with all personal information ommitted. I also reported it via the Report A Problem workflow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    error #1
    level: 4 (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
    Quicken cloud services error. (server error)

suggestion:
    Try again later.

system description:
    bill presentment biller logins download: could not process response <QCSBillPresentmentBillerLogins>
    [metaData]: <nil>
    [resources]: <nil>
    </QCSBillPresentmentBillerLogins> with QCS status 403 for request (null) server error

response:
    {
    "resources" : null
    }

request:
    (null)

object:
    (null)
  • BigJazzBoi
    BigJazzBoi Member
    And I would like to add that all of my accounts' transactions are working fine. They all have a recent update date and I'm seeing new transactions added. Nothing seems wrong with any specific account.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I am getting nowhere. I think that I have two accounts that cannot update, and unfortunately they are pretty active:
    a CapitalOne credit card, and
    a Fidelity Rewards credit card, out of Elan Financial Services.

This has been going on for MONTHS and I am tired of NOTHING changing. There have been two new Quicken releases. [Edit-Speculation].

[Edit-Disruptive].

Craig Everhart
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    FYI it is nice to read that you have teams looking at this. What exactly are those teams doing? Go ahead, tell me about software issues. I worked in that field for 40 years.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @BigJazzBoi and @cfeverhart,

Thank you for your responses and for joining this thread. I truly do understand how frustrating this can be. 

We do currently have an Ongoing Active Alert for this error which means that the issue has been escalated and our development team is working towards a resolution. I have added a link to the error, which you may bookmark to remain up to date on relevant information:

Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Edit-Disruptive]. I would actually like to understand what the development team is doing to resolve this. I am capable of offering more assistance if I have any visibility into the development issues. For instance, would it be helpful to submit any error reports from the Sync Error pop-up? How should such submissions be tagged for greatest utility? Should I expect that this affects multiple accounts? Generally, what expectations should I have of this being repaired?