Persistent transaction download issue: "Sync Error"

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I would actually like to understand what the development team is doing to resolve this. I am capable of offering more assistance if I have any visibility into the development issues.
    @cfeverhart Unfortunately, you are seeking information we as users are almost never privy to. And, for that matter, I believe the moderators on this site are also not privy to detailed information about what is being done to resolve a problem, which is why they're unable to give any ETA on when specific issues are expected to be resolved. If you've submitted information via Report a Problem, that generally functions as a black hole: your report goes in, but nothing comes back. In rare instances, if a programmer is actively working on an issue and needs more information, they will reach out to contact you, but again, that's extremely rare.

There's no way to know what is happening or where a particular issue stands. This could be waiting for a particular programmer to get working on it, #7 in a queue of issues assigned to them. Or the issue could be awaiting some coordination work between different product teams at Quicken (in this case, the Quicken Mac team and the Quicken Cloud team). Or perhaps it's being worked on as we write these messages.

Not knowing the status can be extremely frustrating, but they don't have the infrastructure layer to communicate back and forth between programmers/designers/testers/managers and individual customers. So all you can really do is wait a bit and hope to see a post in the Alert thread that the issue has been resolved. You can periodically post an updated question to the moderators in this thread to ask if any more is known about this issue, but I'd expect you'll get the same response: it's a known issue, the developers are working on it, and they don't know when it will be fixed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Just got notice that from Jared that this was fixed??  But it still Sync Error popping up today 3/8/22? I am using Quicken Mac 6.6.0 Please advise...

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @CAPPY,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that this error is still occurring for you. 

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file or other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts to select/deselect the accounts as desired and see if the issue still continues to persist.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say Jasmine -- This did not work.. Still getting Sync error....  I followed all the above steps... including selecting 'update' button in the Mobile, Web&Alert account section..   ****  Also please note  I got the Sync Error window at every step.. 4- 10 , as I followed your instructions?  I also closed and re-opened Quicken, but error window still popped up...
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited March 2022
    Hello @CAPPY,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry that those troubleshooting steps did not work. 

I recommend signing out and back into your Quicken application and account.

Please let me know how this works for you, I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Hello again Jasmine  -"signing out and back into your Quicken application and account" did not help or fix the on-going Sync Error ? Still popping up.      One thing I noticed... I have three different accounts set-up.. The Sync error is occurring on the only account that has investments with  brokerages?  The other two are for bank accounts only.  Not sure if that would make a difference? Just a thought..

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Just a follow-up I tried once more reset  - Sync error still there...  I went through your 'reset' process again, after signing out and back into my Quicken application.. The Sync Error alert pops up at each of the steps even after Sync is disabled.  Are others having this continue still too? 
  • prcdbear
    prcdbear Member ✭✭
    I have the same ongoing issues as above, but without the multiple accounts or brokerage accounts. I also don't use and have never used the "Sync" in "Mobile, Web & Alerts" preferences. It remains OFF. Everything works as expected, i.e. my transactions send and download in all of my accounts, just this annoying error popups up at the end. I am not willing at this point to do a "nuclear option" as suggested by other posts. I ordered a new Mac and it will be here in a couple of weeks, so hopefully installing a fresh copy will fix things. Until then, is there a "patch" coming that will fix this problem? I noticed in another post about an ongoing open threat that was marked as resolved, but it is not.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Hello @CAPPY and @All,

Thank you for your responses. Due to you all still experiencing this error after the alert has been resolved and the troubleshooting steps not working, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance so they can walk you through a resolution in real-time. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Hi, so over in thread "https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907105/ongoing-3-1-22-sync-error-quicken-encountered-an-error-while-communicating-with-our-servers#latest" the issue has been marked "Resolved." Is there something that we need to do to take advantage of the repair?

It's still a problem for me, running 6.6.0 Premier, build 606.43140.100 on macOS 12.2.1.

thanks
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @cfeverhart,

Thank you for your response, I am sorry this error is still occurring. 

Please refer to my previous response, you will need to contact support due to this issue still occurring after being resolved. 

Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• BigJazzBoi
    BigJazzBoi Member
    What evidence is Quicken aware of that this issue is resolved despite numerous customer reports that contradict that claim?
  • BigJazzBoi
    BigJazzBoi Member
    Update: Was able to resolve only after resetting the Cloud account.
  • Just as an FYI: just today started to have error code QCS-403-1 suggesting sync errors. Only affected all my investment accounts at various unrelated insaitutuions. Followed the suggestion to reset Quicken cloud. Worked perfectly. No more error codes! See Quicken Jasmine instructions March 8 in this string of posts.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Thanks BeetleBailey. When I try to follow Quicken Jasmine's instructions of March 8, I attempt to shut off the Sync in steps 4&5, but in doing so I get a Sync Error.

I'm executing the remainder of the instructions but without much hope. I believe that this was the set of instructions that I was executing a couple days ago with Quicken support's guidance when I was advised to CANCEL out of this "Turning Sync ON..." step. I had to force-quit the Quicken application.

This time, after about 15 minutes, I got the Sync Error window. I still get Mr. Sync Error when updating.

I have 25 years of history in this Quicken file and I'm not looking forward to having to drop it.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue... Have tried the sequence several times...Still having Sync Error  at each step of the process, and  it still remains even after signing out of my account and returning-  It is not fixed for me????  Still frustrated...
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    NEW ISSUE Not just the warning  --   Major SYNC error back...  "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:FDP-8400)"  Cannot access any of my Golden1 accounts -- Tried the recommended fix process  again... Finally got access...  BUT 

BUT General SYnc Error notice still popping up?

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Update :-(   - Still getting "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:FDP-8400)" - after a reset...?? RE-set is only temporary  -  the AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR returns   -  Cannot connect to my Golden1 accounts?  Anyone else?? 

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @CAPPY,

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving this aggregator error. 

First, I suggest saving a backup before any other troubleshooting steps are attempted. You can do this by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while the Quicken application is open. 

Now, select the affected account and go to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the menu at the top of the screen. Click Disconnect Account. Next, go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services in the same menu mentioned previously. Click Reset to the right, next to your Cloud account information in the window that appears there. Now, try connecting your account(s) by going to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the Quicken window, denoted by the '+' icon. When prompted, select LINK under the Action column for each account that has already been added in Quicken which is currently unconnected to online banking services, rather than 'Add' or 'Ignore.'

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jasmine....I was able to reconnect with my Golden 1 accounts with out the aggregator error! :-)   .. but the Sync Error  (General Error ) still pops up...???

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @CAPPY,

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that I was able to help solve the aggregator error, however, I do apologize that you are still experiencing the general sync error. 

Due to the troubleshooting steps and some workarounds from users not being able to help you reach a resolution, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly. They can assist you in real-time and escalate the issue to higher departments if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I truly do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and I do hope that Quicken Support may help you reach a permanent solution. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• vbandy12
    vbandy12 Member
    I am having the sync error as well. It is happening with multiple accounts or brokerage accounts. I don't use and have never used the "Sync" in "Mobile, Web & Alerts" preferences. It remains OFF. Everything works as expected, i.e. my transactions send and download in all of my accounts, just this annoying error popups up at the end. I contacted support and was told it means my file is corrupted and I need to start a new file and recreate all my accounts. If I do this I will loose years of data and it will take more time than I have. Reading all the above, I'm thinking/hoping support was wrong and there is a fix for this. I will contact support again tomorrow for help with this Quicken for mac error.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Hi VBandy12, are your accounts really downloading OK?

I didn't notice that mine were not for a few weeks. (And months later, they are still not.) You might be able to tell by going to the Quicken menu item Window/Account Status, checking the "LAST UPDATE" date for the accounts. Too many of mine have "Never" as their LAST UPDATE date.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    FYI the "escalation" case number for this SYNC ERROR situation is 9331377 as of my latest Quicken Support call, when they made a point to me of NOT giving me the expectation of its being addressed in a couple of days.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Hi VBandy12, are your accounts really downloading OK?

I didn't notice that mine were not for a few weeks. (And months later, they are still not.) You might be able to tell by going to the Quicken menu item Window/Account Status, checking the "LAST UPDATE" date for the accounts. Too many of mine have "Never" as their LAST UPDATE date.

FYI the "escalation" case number for this SYNC ERROR situation is 9331377 as of my latest Quicken Support call, when they made a point to me of NOT giving me the expectation of its being addressed in a couple of days.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    So does that mean that the Sync Error was not fixed and has been reopened as case again? Hope so....!! I have been putting off contacting Quicken support because I did not want to spend additional time trying to explain, sending screenshots and re-doing many steps that have already been attempted to solve the issue... etc. I am glad is now an open case again... I think i finally did get most of my accounts to update (knock on wood), but still getting the General Zinc Error?  Hope to hear of a fix in the near future.. Thanks for your persistence..
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    I never had my case closed. Check Account Status.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Don't think it's about re-doing steps, but rather explaining that steps have already been done.