sorting investment transactions ascending (latest trans at the bottom) yields incorrect results.

Options
bgo
bgo Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Ascending sort by date investment transactions, latest investment transactions displays at the bottom, which is fine. However, it sorts it by "date" then by "Action" descending, then by "security" ascending. Say for 4/22/2022, it displays all "sold", followed by "buy" for the day. Then "security" ascending. This happened right after the last update applied to the software. Prior to update, it sorts by date timestamp entered, which should be the case.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @bgo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you described above? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to the Release Notes for the R 40.13 update, this is a planned change.
    I would have thought that listing Sell transactions first, to put money into the account, then listing Buy transactions later would make more sense than listing them just simply by date, strictly in order as downloaded from the brokerage.
    Would you tell me why this change is causing you problems?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I often receive several dividends and corresponding Buys on the money market sweep fund on the same day. I like to accept the downloaded transactions and have them displayed in the transaction list as Div - Buy - Div -Buy, so that the cash balance is zero after each pair.

Hopefully that is still possible with R40.13.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.