Quotes/Prices Not Updating (QWIN) [Edited]

SomebodyInGNV
SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Is anyone else having a problem with prices not updating? I found a number of entries with 0 for high/low/volume, indicating that they weren't updated correctly.

I deleted the errant prices and did a simple update. Same result.

I deleted those and updated historical prices for the past month. Same result.

Manually entering current prices from a web source updates my portfolio value as expected. Why are prices not updating normally?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

This has been reported to our teams and after further investigating, it appears that users have been logged out of Quicken, but have not been prompted to log back in which is likely the cause of this issue. 

That said, if you haven't already, we recommend that you please try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Close/reopen Quicken
    7. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have a New Active Alert regarding stock quotes not updating. You may follow this link in order to access the alert and bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. Please note, the instructions located within the alert. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience and truly appreciate your patience as we work through this. 

Thank you!

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have too many to check them all but a sampling of about 10 stocks looks normal to me.  I am also seeing daily changes on others so nothing looks out of the ordinary. Can you maybe give some examples?  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you share some of the problem security ticker symbols, we may be able to help investigate further
    QWin Premier subscription
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    IXUS, ITOT, AGG. IXUS prices are consistently updated only 3x/week. I have no idea why. They trade like anything else. The others update normally with intra-day trading prices. Not today.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that IXUS shows what you are saying (prices every other day).  The other two look normal to me.  I am getting price information for today (price, high, low, volume).  I even did another update and those prices updated.

If you are not getting them to update, you may want to save a backup of your file and try repairing your price history (File > Validate and Repair file... > Correct Investing Price history > select "repair").  This may fix the two that are not updating. 

As for the other one, that sounds like an issue with the Quicken pricing service.  You may want to contact Quicken Support about it.
  • switzerbc
    switzerbc Unconfirmed ✭✭
    My quotes have not updated since Friday the 13th. as well?? please help
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Glad to see the problem replicated.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    switzerbc said:
    My quotes have not updated since Friday the 13th. as well?? please help
    Hello @switzerbc

I apologize that you are being affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for seeking assistance here in this Quicken Community discussion. 

Have you attempted the Validate and Repair steps recommended by @bmciance? I want to be sure that these recommendations have already been implemented before proceeding.

Also, note that Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), firewalls, anti-virus software, and pop-up blockers may occasionally cause connectivity issues that prevent information from properly downloading through Quicken. You may have to remove, or otherwise turn off, any of these that may be in use.

I look forward to your reply, should you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BryanK
    BryanK Member ✭✭
    Was getting same thing...quotes not updating when I select Quotes/Update in Investing tab. A close and re-open of Quicken seems to have cleared it up
  • Quicken Jared
    BryanK said:
    Was getting same thing...quotes not updating when I select Quotes/Update in Investing tab. A close and re-open of Quicken seems to have cleared it up
    Hello @BryanK

I am sorry that the exact reasons for this are unclear, but I am happy to hear that the issue seems to be resolved after closing and reopening the program. Thank you for checking in with us to let us know about what steps you took in this situation.

Feel free to reach out again with additional questions or concerns. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    I closed and reopened with no improvement in price updates. I deleted records with $0 hi/lo and 0 volume, updated again, same result.
  • Dennis Nelson
    Dennis Nelson Member ✭✭
    Having same issue with updating of security prices
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, I got an update in the morning, then it stopped.  But I just started Quicken again and tried it, and I'm now getting quotes.

Note I see there is a similar thread for Quicken Mac, so this is in fact a quote server problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JonHildrum
    JonHildrum Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. No quotes or price updates for any securities today May 16, 2022. I've tried several times over the last few hours
  • pyt77
    pyt77 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. It updated once today, but each time I do a one-step update, the stock prices have not changed.
  • fv_qc
    fv_qc Member ✭✭
    Same problem. No security price updates since Friday. Restarted Quicken but that didn't help.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    For what it is worth, I got an update in the morning, then it stopped.  But I just started Quicken again and tried it, and I'm now getting quotes.

Note I see there is a similar thread for Quicken Mac, so this is in fact a quote server problem.
    Agreed.  There is definitely a quote server issue going on.  I was getting quotes fine this morning but I just tried again several times and nothing is updating.  I even closed Quicken and opened again and updated.  Still no new quotes.
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Note I see there is a similar thread for Quicken Mac, so this is in fact a quote server problem.

Considering that there was no interval change in the app, that seems more likely than an app problem.
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    I just got updates, including high, low and volume.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited May 2022
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry that you are being affected by this issue with updating prices. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

At this stage, we have forwarded this issue to the proper channels and it would benefit us most in our efforts to help with this issue if all users being affected submitted program logs by navigating to Help > Report a Problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then submit log files, screenshots of the symptoms you are noticing within the software, as well as a brief description of what is happening. Bear in mind that you will not receive a response through these submissions as these log files will be utilized purely for investigative purposes. We cannot provide an ETA on a resolution, at the moment. Thanks again for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or comments.

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • norbert007
    norbert007 Member ✭✭
    I can't seem to get Quicken to download stock quote updates today.
    Any idea what may be the problem?
    Accounts download transactions fine.
  • Dennis Nelson
    Dennis Nelson Member ✭✭
    log sent
  • RBElliott
    RBElliott Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem.
  • gbier
    gbier Member ✭✭
    Quicken will not update todays stock/security quotes.
  • btrcane
    btrcane Member ✭✭✭
    no updates
  • Ajoy Mallik
    Ajoy Mallik Member ✭✭✭
    Just today I noticed literally for the first time in years, that online quotes did not update. I am using the latest version on Windows 11 new laptop...has worked like clockwork every day since I remember. Not today. Tried closing re-opening, just online services/ Download Quotes is proving zilch. Anybody?
  • dboltson
    dboltson Member ✭✭
    Parallel problem thread running here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913553/no-new-quotes-since-friday-the-13th#latest

Per Quicken Jared, our next step in this dance would be officially reporting the problem:

"At this stage, it would benefit us most in our efforts to help with this issue if all users being affected submitted program logs by navigating to Help > Report a Problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then submit screenshots of the symptoms you are noticing within the software, as well as a brief description of what is happening."
  • dboltson
    dboltson Member ✭✭
    Quote server appears FIXED!

At least it's now working for me; hope the same for you :-)
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    ETF and stock quotes are coming through. But NO mutual fund quotes.  5:30 PM PDT.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• mc429e
    mc429e Member ✭✭
    I also have no quotes
  • alyankee
    alyankee Member ✭✭
    I had this problem yesterday, which seemed to be resolved after a few hours. It's happening again this morning - no stock updates. Tried validating the file, resetting the account, rebooting the computer, all with no change.
This discussion has been closed.