Fidelity FDRXX does NOT download activity

hgillman
hgillman Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Investing (Windows)
FDRXX not downloading end of month interest received. It's been an intermittent problem for awhile

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @hgillman,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Fidelity FDRXX account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with the end-of-month interest received not being downloaded. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hgillman Have you talked with Fidelity tech support about this?  Because I haven't had any problems with downloading from Fidelity, and I consider their tech support to the the GOLD STANDARD when it comes to supporting Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• hgillman
    hgillman Member ✭✭
    I spoke to Fidelity Tech support. They are looking into it. A test file DOES download it, but not my main file. It's happened in the past as well. I see others complain too. Can't just be a coincidence.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    @hgillman - Is FDRXX your designated Core Account where Fidelity holds cash that is in the account?  You can confirm this by clicking on the Positions tab in your online account.  If FDRXX is shown there with two asterisks behind it (FDRXX**) it is your Core Account. 
    Generally speaking, Fidelity does not download Core Account transactions once the account is set up in Quicken.  It instead downloads the value of the Core Account as Cash which then will show up in the Cash Balance of the account in Quicken.  This being the case, the Core Account value should be accounted for in Quicken as Cash, not shown as Shares.
    What will continue to download:  ReinvDiv transactions and Sell transactions.
    • To fix the ReinvDiv issue:  Set up income from FDRXX in the online account to send the cash to the account's Cash Balance instead of Reinvest in the Security.  Change any ReinvDiv transactions in your account register to Div transactions.
    • Sell Transactions:  This can happen when some to the Core Account is sold by Fidelity to support a distribution, to pay for account fees and/or to buy another security.  So far, the only solution I have found for this is to manually delete any Sell Transaction.
    Fidelity is not alone in following this process.  There are several other investment companies that do the same thing.  One of the most recent to start using this process is Schwab (started earlier this year...in Feb, I think).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• hgillman
    hgillman Member ✭✭
    I see the problem. The DTSTART date reverts to 1/1/1970. Obviously a FLAW in Quicken Windows. Quicken should fix it. Once that date is MANUALLY Reset to a date just prior to the end of the previous month the app updates properly. A true pain in the A**.
  • hgillman
    hgillman Member ✭✭
    Thanks Boatnmaniac , but in the past (when it works correctly) Quicken always would show INTEREST received from FDRXX as a credit. For some reason the DTSTART date reverts to 1/1/1970 and FDRXX will not download that month's activity. When I manually change DTSTART to 5/25/2022 it DOES download it. BTW, not just FDRXX, other Core account Holdings as well. Any thoughts?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    hgillman said:
    I see the problem. The DTSTART date reverts to 1/1/1970. Obviously a FLAW in Quicken Windows. Quicken should fix it. Once that date is MANUALLY Reset to a date just prior to the end of the previous month the app updates properly. A true pain in the A**.
    I suggest you report your finding to Fidelity.   [Obviously a FLAW in Fidelity.  Fidelity should fix it.  You shouldn't have to reset that DTSTART date to a date just prior to the end of the previous month for Fidelity to send the recent transactions.]

hgillman said:
    Thanks Boatnmaniac , but in the past (when it works correctly) Quicken always would show INTEREST received from FDRXX as a credit. For some reason the DTSTART date reverts to 1/1/1970 and FDRXX will not download that month's activity. When I manually change DTSTART to 5/25/2022 it DOES download it. BTW, not just FDRXX, other Core account Holdings as well. Any thoughts?
    The DTSTART date of 1/1/1970 asks the financial institution to send all the available transactions.  Note: Quicken will filter the previously imported transactions by their FITID.

Someone may want to compare the OFX Logs.
  • hgillman
    hgillman Member ✭✭
    Thank you Sherlock!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    @hgillman - Sorry about the late reply.  All of my Financial Institutions (including Fidelity) default to the 1/1/1970 DTSTART date and they work fine with OSU.  It does not make sense that changing the DTSTART date to 5/25/2022 works for you but 1/1/1970 does not work because 5/25/2022 is less inclusive than is 1/1/1970. 
    And then that bit about downloading more Core Account holdings after changing DTSTART to 5/25/2022 makes it even more confusing.  It makes me think that something about what Fidelity is downloading for you has changed and is causing Quicken to not recognize previous downloads so it is not screening them out.
    So, yes, I think @Sherlock 's response was spot on.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• hgillman
    hgillman Member ✭✭
    Sherlock and Boatnmaniac- I called fidelity again this afternoon. They say if a TEST file downloads it (and it does) then there is something wrong with MY file and there is nothing they can do. I would agree with them except for changing the DTSTART data. So what to do?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    hgillman said:
    Sherlock and Boatnmaniac- I called fidelity again this afternoon. They say if a TEST file downloads it (and it does) then there is something wrong with MY file and there is nothing they can do. I would agree with them except for changing the DTSTART data. So what to do?
    As I said before... Someone may want to compare the OFX Logs.

You could try recreating the account: create a new offline register, move the transactions from the original register to the new register, reset the memorized payees and reminders referencing the original register, delete the original register, and enable the Online Services of the new register.
  • hgillman
    hgillman Member ✭✭
    I have 56 accounts at Fidelity. There must be an easier way.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    hgillman said:
    I have 56 accounts at Fidelity. There must be an easier way.
    Does the intermittent FDRXX issue impact all the accounts concurrently?
This discussion has been closed.