R42.21 - Amex OL-294-A error.

Options

Answers

• artdyck
    artdyck Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been having the same problem with all 3 of my Amex accounts, starting a couple of days ago. I was still on 42.19 when it started.
  • Tekcar
    Tekcar Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also am having this error, OL-294-a error starting August 1st after upgrading. Hope it if fixed soon.
  • daes
    daes Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Same here starting August 1st and today, August 2nd. Was going to de-active and reactivate American Express, but it looks like that didn't help some others get past the OL-294-A error.
  • Toasties
    Toasties Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also experiencing the OL-294-A error for American Express after installing the update
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went thru a mess like this with SCHWAB months ago. I talked frequently with Schwab IT department. Have you tried that with AMEX?

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    daes said:
    Same here starting August 1st and today, August 2nd. Was going to de-active and reactivate American Express, but it looks like that didn't help some others get past the OL-294-A error.
    It looks like it's in the initial connection. I tried doing a reset, and it failed immediately before even getting connected.  I submitted a report from the program.
  • Steve511
    Steve511 Member ✭✭
    Options
    After experiencing an inability to download American Express transactions for several days after the recent update, and receiving the OL-295-a error each time, I deactivated the account in Quicken and attempted to re-setup the account. Upon entering my login info and clicking on Connect, the Quicken program completely hangs and can only be closed with the Task Manager. I am aware of a forum thread reporting the OL-294-a error with AMEX. I am fairly certain mine was OL-295-a, however, I am unable to verify since Quicken now completely locks up when trying to re-establish the account. I appreciate any assistance. Thanks
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same for me.

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• achernok
    achernok Member ✭✭
    Options
    also getting a ql-294-a error with American Express, started yesterday 8/1/2022. all other banks working pk
  • YoYoDaddyO
    YoYoDaddyO Member
    Options
    SAME ISSUE HERE (and EVERYWHERE!) with Amex accounts NOT updating since the latest "critical" update installed today, 8/2/22. Once again, Quicken Fµčʞēď up AGAIN!!!

So now just waiting on a positive response from Quyicken in the form of ANOTHER (Hopeful) update to fix the latest update... SMDH!!
  • ycre15118
    ycre15118 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @YoYoDaddyO said:
    > SAME ISSUE HERE (and EVERYWHERE!) with Amex accounts NOT updating since the latest "critical" update installed today, 8/2/22. Once again, Quicken Fµčʞēď up AGAIN!!!
    >
    > So now just waiting on a positive response from Quyicken in the form of ANOTHER (Hopeful) update to fix the latest update... SMDH!!

I'm not defending Quicken, they kind of suck. But I think the update had nothing to do with it. It was just a coincidence. I think this is an Amex issue. I hope it gets resolved ASAP, I have several Amex accounts.
  • cvconnelly
    cvconnelly Member
    Options
    Deactivating then readding/linking from the accounts menu solves the problem. I choose Delta Skymiles, it's the card I have, and it worked fine.
  • ecstratton
    ecstratton Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also experiencing the OL-294-A error for American Express it started on 8/1/2022 for me before upgrading to the new Quicken version R42.21 . It also occurred on 8/2/2022 before installing the update. After installing R42.21, I continue to have this issue with American Express downaloads only (OL-294-A). That would suggest iot is NOT related to the Quicken upgrade.
  • evanvanmetre
    Options
    I have been having this issue for 2 days now -- any work around to get the info into quicken
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boy am I glad I didn't believe the CRITICAL UPDATE POPUP FOR 42.21. My accounts at 2 financial institutions work perfectly whereas the popup stated they would no longer download without 42.21.  GOOD LUCK GUYS....

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• rburnstine
    rburnstine Member
    Options
    Me too, same issue for same two days. Thanks in advance.
  • mg2720
    mg2720 Member
    Options
    Hey Quicken - what is the status? It's been days now.
  • mg2720
    mg2720 Member
    Options
    re Amex download error
  • Bill44
    Bill44 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is most likely caused by American Express. I still believe Quicken could have put something out prior to midafternoon, since this was pretty active early AM. My wife had not put the update on prior to her seeing the problem. I had the update go on when I brought Quicken up and "assumed" she had also updated. Not sure when American Express found out, however they do know now so hopefully it is taken care of tonight where most network fixes occur.
    Member since 1984. 
    Quicken Premier.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also experiencing the OL-294-A error for American Express it started on 8/1/2022 for me before upgrading to the new Quicken version R42.21 . It also occurred on 8/2/2022 before installing the update. After installing R42.21, I continue to have this issue with American Express downaloads only (OL-294-A). That would suggest iot is NOT related to the Quicken upgrade.
    Same here.   The Amex problem started before the update, for me.  
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Please fix this. The error shows on all AMEX accounts and keeps asking if I want to retry. Using Q Home & Business
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deactivating then readding/linking from the accounts menu solves the problem. I choose Delta Skymiles, it's the card I have, and it worked fine.
    No, it doesn't solve the problem.

• rmmwilg
    rmmwilg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have followed the instructions to deactivate and reactivate. No change, still the same error.
  • 3Putt
    3Putt Member
    Options
    I contacted the chat desk at Amex. They said it was not their issue and that I should contact Quicken.
  • digitalmediaphile
    digitalmediaphile Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @3Putt said:
    > I contacted the chat desk at Amex. They said it was not their issue and that I should contact Quicken.

Check the Connection Log. Mine consistently shows:

20220802 08:20:27: HTTP: Temporarily overloaded
    20220802 08:20:28: QFN: End send to https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/ofxdl/desktop/desktopDownload.do?request_type=nl_ofxdownload, netstatus 17
    20220802 08:20:29:

and if you click that hyperlink it returns an interesting message:

SITE HELP
    Thank You for Visiting American Express
    We're sorry. We are momentarily experiencing technical difficulties. We are working on bringing our services back online.
    For immediate assistance, please call the number on your card or statement. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Thank you for visiting AmericanExpress.com.

© 2013 American Express Company. All Rights Reserved. Users of this site agree to be bound by the terms of the American Express Web Site Rules and Regulations.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3Putt said:
    I contacted the chat desk at Amex. They said it was not their issue and that I should contact Quicken.
    Of course. Is Quicken Support conversely telling it's users the same?
  • husslein
    husslein Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same OL-294-A error here with AMEX accounts only. I tried deactivated/re-establishing -- no change. I am on Windows/Quicken v.42.19 <sigh>
  • Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Having the same problem. I went to Amex website and went to download my activity with a QFX file, which was successful. There was this message on the download link. We're going in circles.

• RDA
    RDA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having the same problem for days. AMEX link suddenly not working after years of uninterrupted connection. I disabled and attempted to re-enable AMEX connection and got the "It's not your fault" error. Not surprising that a call to Quicken telephone support was unhelpful and rife with misinformation. Rep told me that I "must wait 24 hours for the block to be released." It's important to note that none of the Quicken moderator replies here make any mention of that. Also unsurprising that Quicken telephone reps lack information about this very issue when users (SUBSCRIBERS) call for support.
This discussion has been closed.