R42.21 - Amex OL-294-A error.

Options

Answers

• Movie Nut
    Movie Nut Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I will add my name to the list. Same issue, I am NOT deactivating unless QUICKEN support says that is the approved fix. I have been down that rabbit hole before.
    I know this is not the place for this, but Quicken PLEASE fix the Mouse Snap-To issue that is YEAR old.
    "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are"
    Windows 11 Pro, Quicken Subscription
    Intel Core i7-12700, 32GB Ram
  • cbit
    cbit Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried resetting account yesterday to no avail.
    Just now tried to update American Express and got this pop-up:
    Would not let me advance even if I tried resetting the password at Amx and in quicken vault.
  • Kevin Strong
    Kevin Strong Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here, OL-294-A error with American Express the last few days, occurred both before and after the R42.21 update.
  • bikerdude47
    Options
    Same problem.
  • nbates
    nbates Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. Mac Version 6.8.3 (Build 608.44884.100)
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken R.42.21 Build 27.1.42.21 W10 Enterprise. OL-294-A on American Express. ConnLog reads:
    ==== OSU Start (20220802/10:59:16) ====
    20220802 10:59:17: QFN: Beginning send to https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/ofxdl/desktop/desktopDownload.do?request_type=nl_ofxdownload
    20220802 10:59:18: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305975
    20220802 10:59:18: HTTP: Temporarily overloaded
    20220802 10:59:18: QFN: End send to https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/ofxdl/desktop/desktopDownload.do?request_type=nl_ofxdownload, netstatus 17
    20220802 10:59:18:
  • Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK,  so this is now a known problem to both Quicken and Amex and they are working on it.  See the post from Quicken-Jasmine at the beginning of this thread.  Suggest people follow her suggestion of waiting for an Alert from Quicken to say it is resolved:

• cnchupp
    cnchupp Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. Said yes when Quicken software asked to install an update and immediately received this error with AmEx.
  • Paul S Goldberg
    Options
    After reading most of the messages I also am not getting American Express downloads but all I am getting is "error" no OL-294-A or any other error. After months of struggling with Schwab now it is Amex's turn.
  • bpapp007
    bpapp007 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue for all AMEX cards. Was able to manually download transactions in the interim, but that's no fun :-(
  • mkaericher
    mkaericher Member
    Options
    I too have encountered this error, and since the weekend have been unable to connect. This afternoon I spent an unrewarding chat with AmEx support that resolved nothing. Now I simply cannot connect Quicken to AmEx,
  • Ghawkeswood
    Options
    Also Experiencing OL-294-A error for American Express, happened before the update installed so don't think the update is the issue
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same issue over last few days.
  • rmmwilg
    rmmwilg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same experience as Ghawkeswood. It's not an update issue. The first time, there was a prompt that AMEX had updated or changed something and that Quicken account would have to deactivated and reactivated. However, that didn't fix it. Only updated this morning
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken, do you guys QA this stuff? Really strange that this was not caught prior to impacting your entire user base.
  • Whitfield
    Whitfield Member
    Options
    Started seeing this problem this afternoon (8/2) immediately after updating Quicken to v42.21 during signon. Given that I haven't sync'ed any of my accounts in the last week or so it's possible that the issue is UNrelated to just having updating Quicken (i.e. it may have been present previously) but I simply have no way to test that possibility without somehow rolling the v42.21 update back out. At least for now I'm going to assume that the issue is with the v42.21 update and let the Quicken support folks worry about any other possibilities.

Currently running Quicken Premier v42.21 on Win10 Enterprise with all currently available maintenance installed.
  • Judyrb
    Judyrb Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too have this problem for 2 days and this morning R42.21 was installed. So it failed before 42.21 and after.
  • Cliff_7point62
    Cliff_7point62 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem. OL-294-A error with American Express. Quicken Windows version R42.21
  • Micky1701
    Micky1701 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I hope they change the picture on their support page. Seeing a group of support personnel with their backs to me does not feel to inviting....
  • !henrisahut
    !henrisahut Member ✭✭
    Options
    My American Express account will not download. Attempts produce a OL-294-A code. I have run account repair and validation. Tried to reset the account. Still getting same OL-294-A. I can log into the account with the bank webpage and manually download account information though. Seem to have aligned with last update to Quicken.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    As a reminder, you can go into AMEX in a web browser and download recent transactions as QFX files (save as Quicken), that way you can keep current on your account at least until issue is resolved. I have 2 cards, I download the one, open that register in quicken, then import or double-click on the download.

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• craigaboyce
    craigaboyce Member ✭✭
    Options
    Deactivate - Reactivate Failed. Total mess now because I have expenses that need reported. Manual import from AmEx website. Why am I paying the annual Quicken tax to keep automatic downloads when they only work half the time?
  • WyattCoon
    WyattCoon Member ✭✭
    Options
    Per the American Express Website, they made changes to the connection with Intuit. They suggested to deactivate and reactivate your AMEX accounts. I did that for both my accounts, it downloaded outstanding transactions correctly. I then ran a full update, and it also ran correctly, no errors code for my AMEX accounts.
  • psolera
    psolera Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. AMEX can't download. How about a general announcement with a timeframe for a fix.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    This was posted an hour ago mentioning it might point to Intuit...  "Or it could point to Intuit as all EWC data flows thru Intuit servers to Quicken... same blame game existed during the Schwab mess... "

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• edonjohnson
    Options
    I get message OC-294-A when I attempt to update my American Express account
  • edonjohnson
    Options
    OL-294-A
  • jjpeds
    jjpeds Member
    Options
    This Amex problem began on my computer after July 28th before I upgraded successfully with the Mondo patch today Aug/2
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, lovely. I deactivated online services for my Amex account then attempt to activate. After entering my Amex creds I click Connect then am presented with this empty dialog. The two buttons will depress, but nothing happens. You cannot close the dialog. You have to kill Quicken with Task Manager.

This discussion has been closed.