R42.21 - Amex OL-294-A error.

Options

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just ran a one step update and Amex worked fine.  I didn't have to reconnect.  Seems that something got fixed somewhere.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is, indeed, working again.
  • AllenK
    AllenK Member ✭✭
    Options
    Agree, working again. Have 2 American Express cards and both working. However, I needed to deactivate then reactivate both. But all is working once more.
  • Stu
    Stu Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ditto for me.  Deactivated the Amex account.  Did activation online set up; worked ok.  Did online update; worked ok.  It says it downloaded 1800 transactions but fortunately they didn't show up!   They would have been repeats, anyway.  First success inn 3 days.
  • lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    working again now.  yeah.  until the next time.
  • tkbitterman
    Options
    Thanks Frankx!
    It's working! Thanks for the quick response!
  • tkbitterman
    Options
    Hey Frankx,

WOW1 Lightening fast effort!! It's working now. Thanks
  • RDA
    RDA Member ✭✭
    Options
    AMEX connectivity is working again. Maybe next time, Quicken won't a) pretend the problem doesn't exist, b) delay a fix for days, c) fail to adequately train its telephone support reps on active bugs and issues with its overpriced software.
  • cbit
    cbit Member ✭✭
    Options
    My account is working again. Appreciation to Quicken, Amex and community members who posted suggestions and useful troubleshooting information.
  • gfvalvo
    gfvalvo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Seems to be working now. Fingers crossed.
  • Michael Cohen
    Michael Cohen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Federal Express unable to download. This has been failing for me for about a week. Per instructions from Fed Ex I deactivated the account. Next I tried to reconnect it 10 or 15 times a day for two days. Finally Federal Express had enough!. After forcing a change of password and finding numerous ways to verify who I was it allowed me to log into the Fed Ex Website. After that I activated one step update and all was well. Providing enough extra useless traffic to the Fed Ex servers evidently did the trick. Neither Federal Express now Quicken support knew anything about the problem
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Federal Express unable to download. This has been failing for me for about a week. Per instructions from Fed Ex I deactivated the account. Next I tried to reconnect it 10 or 15 times a day for two days. Finally Federal Express had enough!. After forcing a change of password and finding numerous ways to verify who I was it allowed me to log into the Fed Ex Website. After that I activated one step update and all was well. Providing enough extra useless traffic to the Fed Ex servers evidently did the trick. Neither Federal Express now Quicken support knew anything about the problem
    Why are you posting this in the thread about American Express?
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Federal Express unable to download. 

What does one download from FedEx into Quicken???
  • Michael Cohen
    Michael Cohen Member ✭✭
    Options
    I called American Express Federal Express. Otherwise comment is valid
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yay!  Successful Direct Connect on August 2 at 10:27 pm Pacific.    :)
  • Gene in Florida
    Options
    SUCCESS! 8/3/2022 6:15 AM Quicken Deluxe v42.21 on Windows.
    In my previous post I mentioned how I changed what looked like a corrupted Amex account number in Quicken to my card number and downloads from Amex into Quicken still failed. Well today, when I tried to download Amex transactions I was given the choice to link my Quicken Amex account to the number that looked corrupted in previous days. It was the only choice. I took it. One transaction was downloaded successfully and reconciliation was successful. I only had one new transaction on my Amex card. Hopefully this fix is permanent.
  • schmidtj
    schmidtj Member ✭✭
    Options
    This morning I did my usual One Step Update and all my accounts including American Express updated successfully. I made no changes to Quicken at any time during this issue. It fixed itself from my perspective. Fingers crossed.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    Options
    My AMEX download worked this morning.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    Options
    My AMEX download worked this morning first time since being on R42.21.
  • basimmer
    basimmer Member ✭✭
    Options
    My AMEX download worked this morning.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Working again as of this morning.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My AmEx downloads are working this morning, too.
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jared

Would it be possible to get an explanation from the Quicken folk regarding what happened? If this was a ball dropped by Amex then that would serve two purposes:

1. Make us feel better about Quicken.
    2. Give us a reason to light up Amex.
  • Lewis Bernstein
    Options
    There were so many comments on the AMEX problem that Quicken was pressured to resolve the problem in a relatively quick 2 days. However, many of us still have problems with BJ's Master Card transactions since I reported it on June 23 and 6 weeks later Quicken has not yet resolved the issues. How about lighting up the screens for this one too!
  • husslein
    husslein Member ✭✭
    Options
    AMEX working for me as well <miracles>
  • whtmtn
    whtmtn Member
    Options
    Just got mine to work today (8/3) after being unable to for the past three days. I did change the pwd in the process. Seems to be ok again.
  • daes
    daes Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    Working for me today, 8/3.
  • Shelley Belle
    Shelley Belle Member ✭✭
    Options
    It has been two days and no update. That's unacceptable.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Shelley Belle - I think the issue has been resolved and you should be able to connect with Amex again.
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I was able to download this evening:

I use Direct Connect and made no changes.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

This discussion has been closed.