New Chase Account Authorization Issues

Answers

• mpagano
    mpagano Member ✭✭
    Ok, I have a new problem now:

Error CC-800 with no icon indicating which account
  • mpagano
    mpagano Member ✭✭
    Last post I swear. It looks like it made two entries for downloading updates for Chase, I just 'unchecked' the old one from the download list. Seems ok so far
  • gch289
    gch289 Member ✭✭
    > @thestatman said:
    > Update...I was on a chat for over an hour. They could not fix the problem. I tried again to chat for another 30 minutes, they could not fix the problem. I called tech support was on the phone for over an hour. At the end of that call I was told it needs to be escalated, but that office isn't open until 9:30amPST. I called after that time, shared my screen with the tech support after 45 minutes they said I had to call back to escalate, but they had created a ticket number with all pertinent information. I was told the escalation was not available until 10:00am PST. I just got off the phone, had to give all the information again. Was on hold for 30 minutes waiting for the escalated group support, they had no idea had long I would have to wait. WOW are you kidding me. This is Quicken customer support? Inconveniencing the customer who has spent >5 hours trouble shooting a failed conversion.

Did you ever get a resolution? I am having the same issue and haven't had time to spend with support. :(
  • Lloyd Smith
    Lloyd Smith Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue, that after returning to Quicken to link accounts my Chase account is not shown.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume that everyone is working with copies of their Quicken Data File?

When it comes time to change over, to the new Protocol add new Registers.

Then Deactivate your old registers for Chase. Delete the New Chase Registers.

Now Reactivate the old Chase Registers. See what happens. If it works fine. If not , restore your Quicken Data File.

Now Deactivate your Chase Registers. Then reactivate your Chase Registers, with the New Protocol. If it works fine, if not Restore your Quicken Data File.

This time, delete the Quicken log files, after Deactivating the Chase Registers.

Now Set Up Now for the Chase Registers. See what happens.

Or Contact Quicken Support in this link:  You might be working with an old version of Quicken. :  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

You need to be doing this with the latest version of Quicken,

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• timbo28
    timbo28 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I successfully re-authorize my Chase accounts but Quicken refuses to show my existing accounts to link to. I do not want to set up new accounts and should not have to.
  • Houston Hop
    Houston Hop Member ✭✭
    I have tried to follow these instructions twice unsuccessfully with bad results. Here is what happened.

1. I authorized successfully. I could not link to an existing account so instead of "link to" an account, I "added" an account. I did not see "+ add" I just "added" This resulted in two Quicken accounts. Fail.

2. I deactivated and then reactivated. I was able to link to the existing account this time. It automatically downloaded many days of transactions (I was unable to delete them prior to this automatic download) and now my account balance is significantly off.

What did I miss?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to follow these instructions twice unsuccessfully with bad results. Here is what happened.

1. I authorized successfully. I could not link to an existing account so instead of "link to" an account, I "added" an account. I did not see "+ add" I just "added" This resulted in two Quicken accounts. Fail.

2. I deactivated and then reactivated. I was able to link to the existing account this time. It automatically downloaded many days of transactions (I was unable to delete them prior to this automatic download) and now my account balance is significantly off.

What did I miss?
    First off on #1, if you end up with two accounts it is "inconvenient", but there is a workaround.
    Use this process to move the missing transactions from the old account to the new one.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/17263538

On #2.  The first thing to check is that the opening balance transaction is correct.  Quicken has been known to change it when it shouldn't have.  If you select the register gear icon and then Sorting options -> By Order Entered, that will group the new transactions together making it easier to delete.  Make sure you don't delete transactions that are really new.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ERed
    ERed Member ✭✭
    > @mrpaley1 said:>
    > I noticed this as well so I then selected not to add the account. I deselected online services and tried to set up for online which locked up the program multiple times. I eventually used the 'add account' interface and it took me through the same new Chase authorization process. It defaulted to 'link' to existing but again didn't show my existing account. However I took a leap of faith and it matched up.

So, are you saying you didn't connect it in the steps, but somehow Quicken found the correct account on it's own to make the connection?

I'm also having this problem where it can't seem to find the correct existing account to use for the connection.
  • texag
    texag Member ✭✭
    Glad I found this post as following the Quicken instructions did not allow me to link accounts. However once I did link now my balances are off on every account. The difference must be somewhere in the past as all my recent transactions match with Chase..... One of these days I am going to delete Quicken and never look back....
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue. Found old accounts, but not the one I have been actively downloading every day. Will someone at Quicken please post a step-by-step process to resolve this?
  • I converted this morning and many problems have shown up. My checking account has had prior months data duplicated on the current date screen. Two credit card accounts have been set up by the conversion with transactions that should have been applied to existing credit card accounts. In this last case I had assigned a name different to the one that Quicken had originally setup. Shouldn't the card number (which has not been changed) be the determining factor in where transactions should be applied?
  • dpsquier2
    dpsquier2 Member ✭✭
    I recently performed the Chase update for my downloads. all seemed to work well, but it created duplicates of my three chase accounts. both the new and old accounts have been downloading correctly for a week.
    How can merge all of the records into the new account to eliminate the duplicates?
  • bozoman
    bozoman Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    > @heycasey said:
    > > So it seems to me that the main flaw in the Quicken instructions that came out (i.e., that notification >containing a link) is that it does not tell the user to first deactivate their original Chase bank links >BEFORE following the notification link.
    > >
    > > Or users can simply use your approach and bypass the notification link. Just deactivate the chase >accounts, then "+ add account", click "chase", then "link to existing account" and your done.
    > >
    > > One heads up to other users is be sure to follow the "+ add account" -- not the "online services >setup" approach. My first attempt at your instruction failed because I incorrectly went to "online >services setup" thinking that was effectively the same as "+ add account". But "+ add account" >worked for me while "online services setup" did not.
    >
    > This is essentially what worked for me. As others have pointed out, going through the process of authorizing with Chase will result in Quicken trying to link your online Chase accounts to Quicken accounts that aren't connected online (which is a Quicken bug). Deactivating online setup with your Chase accounts and then trying to "Activate downloads" will result in Quicken showing a grey screen that you can't get out of until you kill the program through Task Manager (another Quicken bug).
    >
    > Here's what I did that worked:
    >
    > (Make a backup of your Quicken file if you haven't done so already)
    > 1. Go through the Chase authorization process
    > 2. Deactivate online services for each Chase account
    > 3. Close Quicken then reopen. Not sure if this was needed, but I did it anyway.
    > 4. Go to "Account List" then "Add Account"
    > 5. Choose the "Chase" logo
    > 6. Go through the Chase authorization process again. The accounts you authorized before should already be registered.
    > 7. Now Quicken should allow you to link the Chase online accounts with your Quicken Chase accounts.
    >
    > The next time I updated my Chase accounts, it also re-downloaded all transactions from as early as May, so that's fun. I chose the "Accept All Matched" option and deleted the duplicates from my "Downloaded Transactions" list.
    >
    > I also noticed that for my two credit card accounts, it changed the opening balance from zero to some random dollar amount. It was screwing up my ability to reconcile these accounts after downloading.
    >
    > What a mess! I hope these bugs can be fixed soon.

I tried what @heycasey suggested, and it mostly worked for me.

I, too, ended up with extra downloaded transactions, and I had no idea why they were there. It wouldn't let me match them manually, so I deleted them from the downloaded list.

And like @heycasey said, the original account balance was no longer 0. It was some random dollar amount.
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use different names in Quicken for my Chase accounts other than what Chase uses. When I did the conversion the "link to existing" account feature allowed me to link each Chase identified account to its corresponding account in Quicken which prevented the creation of a new and separate account. If you're not given the opportunity to link to existing accounts during the conversion process then something is wrong. Even when I linked to an existing account Chase still downloaded some transactions that were previously downloaded and cleared and/or reconciled using Direct Connect. I just deleted those transactions rather than accept them and have them entered in the register as a duplicate. Quicken wouldn't allow me to manually match those duplicates to existing transactions probably because they were already cleared and/or reconciled.
  • Rickie Abbott
    Rickie Abbott Member ✭✭
    You need a Monkey-Wrench un-doer. what i did is delete doubles
  • jerz-joe
    jerz-joe Member ✭✭
    UKR, thank you very much!!! I tried several times to reauthorize my Chase accounts without any success, e.g., unable to link to existing accounts. HUGE miss on the part of Chase and Quicken not to inform customers that they needed to deactivate existing accounts before proceeding. What should have taken a few minutes ended up wasting an extra hour.
  • BlueChips
    BlueChips Member
    Well, it looks like I'm not going to update the new Chase version. It made duplicate accounts, downloaded like the past 8 days into the new accounts. In the "Add or Link Accounts" can't link the existing account(s) - they're not in the list. Restored from this morning's backup. Not willing to troll through accounts deleting duplicates either. After over three decades, I may be forced to finally give up Quicken. What a shame - there's nothing to replace it. All these years it just pretty much 'worked'.
  • Dave22
    Dave22 Member ✭✭✭
    This is long, but I got it to  work. All my Chase accounts are updated and updating properly.

This update for Quicken/Chase is poorly implemented and pretty poorly described, but I got it to work.

First, before doing the relinking of your Chase accounts, do a One Step Update. That way, after relinking, if anything downloads, it is most likely a duplication and should be discarded.

Next, make a copy of your .QDF file, just in case something goes wrong.

For all your Chase accounts in Quicken, deactivate them. Edit account details / Online Services / Deactivate.

Login into Chase. The Security & Privacy tab

Scroll down to Linked apps and websites and stop sharing with Quicken (you’ll be re-linking from Quicken shortly).

Start Quicken

Tools / Add account – Chase

Miraculously, it now sees all the proper links and allows you to link to the existing accounts.

When I got done, the account balances had changed. The difference was a new “Beginning balance” trx that had been added. Once that was deleted, the balances were correct.

Also, a bunch of transactions downloaded. They all appeared to be dupes. Fortunately, a recent update to Quicken gave us the ability to select all the downloaded trx at once and delete them in one shot.

Please let me know if this works for you.
  • chokshir@
    chokshir@ Member ✭✭
    Same issue. 'Link to existing' shows a totally unrelated non-Chase account and none of the Chase accounts! I am adding the new account for the time being with the expectation that there will be a way of merging two identical accounts later on. Anyone from the Quicken team?!?
  • JRSWiencek
    JRSWiencek Member
    Having this issue as will - I allowed Chase to update and now I have 2 sets of bank accounts.
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you delete those duplicate downloaded transactions rather than accepting them so that they are entered in your register that may not be the last you'll see of them. When I first did the conversion it downloaded a bunch of transactions that were already cleared and reconciled in my register. Rather than have Quicken just enter these duplicates into the register only to have to delete them I just deleted them from list of downloaded transactions waiting to be accepted and entered into the register. Once I did that all was well and I thought that was the end of it. Then some time later out of the blue they were downloaded again and once again I deleted them. Then this morning they were downloaded again and once again I deleted them. Anyone else having a similar problem? Why does it keep downloading the same transactions? This does not happen in the Direct Connect version of my data file I maintain in parallel to a EWC+ version only in the EWC+ version.
  • :) Had same problem, when doing the ONE Step update, got the reauthorize your Chase accounts.
    As many have stated, when you do the One Step update you get the msg about your need to authorize the chase account(s) listed nad you hit the Authorize link.. You get sent to Chase Web site to sign in, you select the account(s) you want to authorize. Get the successful , returning to Quicken.. Then in your quicken session it wants to add the account(s) BUT when you try to link to existing, your active Chase account isn't listed..
    So, Don't ADD the account.. Back out, Cancel this update.
    Someone else suggested the following and it WORKED for me.
    BUT First.. I have found many times when you have to, under account Details, Online Services do a Reset Account OR Deactivate and then reactivate sometimes the account balances get offset. Found that these resets / deactivate / Activate processes mess up your STARTING BALANCE in the register. The same happened here when I got the new EWC update to work. SO!! before you do any reconnections to banking/CC services AND your current balances are OK, (reconciled) GO to the very first transaction in your register (opening Balance ) whatever that value is note it in the memo field of that transactions.
    That way whenever these off balance issues come up you know what the beginning should be.
    Now on to how to get the Chase account(s) to link to your existing account(s)
    IN Quicken, go select the Chase account you want to update..
    Go to edit account details, then to Online Services Tab, You should see Connection Method as Direct Connect. Below that you should see an option to "change Connection Method"
    Click on that. You will be asked the type of connection, pick Express Web Connection . continue
    You will be informed that this will deactivate the current online connection. Continue.
    That will launch a web browser connection to the Chase account. Login and select the account(s) you want to update.
    You should get a successful msg, and redirected back to the quicken app. Then you should see the Chase account Name info, the Quicken Nickname, and linked to.. , check the list of link to accounts . You should now see your active Quicken accounts ( not the hidden ones ) listed and the Chase account you want to updated check marked.
    Continue and it will finish ..
    I found that it downloaded one or two transactions that were already in the register and cleared. So I just deleted the downloaded one. ( I/E no duplicates ) Check your Online Balance and your Ending Balance at the bottom of the register status area. Are they OK, if not check to see if the beginning balance has changed if so correct it to match your noted beginning balance.
    Long but that's how I got it to work....
  • am7315
    am7315 Member ✭✭
    I deactivated all my chase accounts and went through the process of reauthorizing my connection. I had 6 chase accounts but it only reauthorized 5 of them.The one missing was my Premier checking account. I was able to link the other 5 to my existing accounts in quicken but when the process was over I had several "new" downloads that had been previously cleared or reconciled. Help please
  • AGiLiT
    AGiLiT Member
    The key seems to be matching the names (or nicknames) of the accounts in Chase with the names in Quicken. That solved the problem of not finding an existing account to link to for me.
  • _PCM
    _PCM Member
    Same Issue. When do we expect a fix?
  • Herrick Inman
    Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, from time to time, one-step update downloads previously accepted transactions.
  • gjwhelan
    gjwhelan Member ✭✭
    same issue, do you say change the nickname of your current account in quicken?
  • Qnut
    Qnut Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I was just prompted to go through the new Chase security verification process. I have two existing Chase credit card accounts in Quicken. The process (1) prompted my to link to an existing account, which ended up incorrectly automatically linking to and overwriting my HSA credit card. (there was no way to change it); and (2) prompted me to add a new account for the second credit card, and wouldn't let me link it to the proper existing account.

Cleary this process is not ready for deployment and needs much more testing.
This discussion has been closed.