Quicken Mac v6.9 has been released!

Quicken Victoria
Quicken Victoria Employee, Mac Beta Beta

This release has several updates throughout the product, improvements to the banks’ connectivity, and overall product stability.

You can always review latest changes by going to Help > What's New in Quicken. 

Thank you!
-Quicken Mac team

Comments

• Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta
    I only just realized this has been posted, quite by accident. I believe there have been no comments on this post so far because it's not showing up in the "Product Releases and Announcements" section. See screenshot below of the first few lines of that section - the 6.8 announcement is the latest one that shows up.

@Quicken Anja perhaps there's a fix you can make.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's there, but because it didn't get stickied as an Announcement it's down below all the other release notices.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward a V7.0 release that includes more substantive improvements (lifetime financial planning) and bug fixes (Portfolio graph includes data from all hidden accounts).  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    This is really counter productive to the rest of the entire forum structure.
    Each and every QMac Release should be posted as a single topic entry in the - Product Release and Announcements -
    and then CLOSED for comments - only Admin/Mod should be able to post to these "announcements" -
    Any other followup QMac issues, questions, feedback - should be reported in the sub mac areas - else WHY HAVE THEM.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2022
    Ps56k2 said:
    This is really counter productive to the rest of the entire forum structure.
    Each and every QMac Release should be posted as a single topic entry in the - Product Release and Announcements -
    and then CLOSED for comments - only Admin/Mod should be able to post to these "announcements" - 

@Ps56k2 I'll respectfully disagree. Yes, we do get off-topic posts in these threads, BUT the comments about the latest release are valuable to both fellow users and, hopefully, the Quicken Mac product manager and/or team. When Marcus was product manager, he would often engage with users to agree, disagree, offer explanations, or seek more information about what users posted; I think it was extremely valuable to hear from him, and for him to see issues he might not otherwise have been aware of via Quicken's internal customer care channels. The current product manager, Victoria, hasn't been as active on these posts since taking over, but I suspect she's still getting fully immersed in all aspects and details of Quicken Mac. So while there are posts on these threads which aren't germane to the latest release, I think the benefits outweigh any annoyance of off-topic posts.

In the case of this thread about the 6.9 release, there wasn't any customer feedback because it was an unusually light and cosmetic release, visible-feature-wise. 

I have two suggestions to offer, though. (1) Moderators should move off-topic comments into their own threads. I think they actually do this sometimes, but perhaps they could do so more to keep these new release threads a little more tightly focused. (2) These threads could be closed by the moderators after a reasonable period of time follow a release, and if traffic in the thread has slowed to nearly nothing. I think the moderators could close the thread after a few weeks, or a little longer if there active discussion is taking place about the features/functionality of the release. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:  I'll respectfully disagree. Yes, we do get off-topic posts in these threads, BUT the comments about the latest release are valuable to both fellow users and, hopefully, the Quicken Mac product manager and/or team.
    Someone else had mentioned this cultural shift from the entire rest of the forum structure.
    And while it does seem helpful for supplying discussion on the latest release rollout - as per your comments about "moving" the later comments off to their own respective sub-sections..... that is the exact point I was making -
    WHY should the QMAC - ANNOUNCEMENTS - be different - ..... then retitle it to Prouct Announcements and Discussion -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    @Ps56k2 My point is that the product manager and development team are NOT reading the entire forum. So if you push 100% of comments about a new release to various other sections and sub-sections of the forum, you'd be pretty much insuring they will NOT be seen by the development team. How would that be that an improvement?

On the flip side, if the product manager or members of the development team monitor the post about a new release in the days after it goes live, it's a way for them to get direct and immediate feedback from users who find something not working correctly, not optimal, or lacking in a newly-implemented feature. Under the stewardship of Marcus, I think this small window of interactivity proved to be extremely useful both to him and to us users. I know I and others were able to make him aware of issues over the years which went directly to the team and were often fixed within days or in the next release. And he sometimes took the time to explain the back story or complication with the implementation, or lack thereof, of particular functionality. I'm hoping that Victoria will follow his lead and engage with the user community here, even if it's only in a small percentage of her time following each new release.

Yes, this is different than the rest of the announcement sections of the forum. Who cares?! I say viva la difference! If there's a small window to call something to the attention of the development team, that is pure gold in my option. And they and we can easily skip over the off-topic posts when they come.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Ps56k2 Personally, I would argue for the opposite, I think it would be a great service to the Quicken Windows users if the Quicken Windows developer manager posted the release notes and answered question for a limited amount of time afterwards.

If nothing else it would help the Windows user feel somewhat connected to the development process instead of now where it feels like anything they say goes into an empty void.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    either way -
    just make them BOTH function and operate the same way -
    not every group or devs coding module "doing their own thing"

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    Ps56k2 said:
    either way -
    just make them BOTH function and operate the same way -
    not every group or devs coding module "doing their own thing"
    Again, I'd say… who cares?? The Quicken Mac team has been doing things a bit differently than the Quicken Windows team for the past 8 years since the debut of the modern generation of Quicken Mac. Why is this now a concern? Would it be nice if all product teams at Quicken communicated openly all the time? Sure. But that doesn't exist. So if the product manager of Quicken Mac is a little more customer-focused or communicative, why not just take that as a win and not complain about it? 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Personally @Ps56k2 I think what were you should be complaining is in a Windows Idea thread.
    The Quicken Mac developer approach is far superior to the Quicken Windows developer approach.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/