Vystar progress (?)

Sourwine15
Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
This post is purely anecdotal, at this point, but I've been periodically checking to see if the Vystar-Quicken connection has been reinstated and there does seem to be some movement. That's not to say that there isn't progress to be made, but here's my experience(s)

1. About 10-14 days ago, the update process started asking for a way to provide a passcode and things looked promising.
2. Today, all accounts (except credit card) updated perfectly downloading transactions, updating online balance, etc., however error message related to credit card account received.
3. I decided to de-activate the Online setup for credit card and reconnect. Everything connected perfectly and the One Step Update fully processed with zero errors.

Final thoughts, still taking WAY too long, but it's clear that they are working together on the broken connection. I will say that my experience is for accounts where the Vystar connection was never 'broken' in Quicken and I'd suspect that you can't add a new account (or re-connect) until that Financial institutions list is updated. Steps in the right direction, though. Hope this helps those experiencing this issue.

Comments

• mardis2003
    mardis2003 Member ✭✭
    According to VyStar representative Quicken is supposed to have been available since early August but it is not in the list when I try to add my account
  • Hello @mardis2003,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Vystar is temporarily unavailable currently, however, we are aware and looking further into this situation. There is no current ETA at this time. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mardis2003
    mardis2003 Member ✭✭
    VyStar representative disagrees. Says has been activated since early August.
  • pvision11
    pvision11 Member ✭✭
    > @mardis2003 said:
    > VyStar representative disagrees. Says has been activated since early August.

VyStar chat representative told me the same thing today, and stated that they have not discontinued download service through Quicken. However, VyStar is still not listed as a supported financial institution.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    According to Quicken support, Vystar has dropped all plans for Quicken connectivity.

I am checking with Vystar to verify as they basically promised Quicken connectivity was in their plans but no ETA.  Hopefully, that is still the case.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. My friend uses Quicken Express Web Connect to Vystar and it works after he had to validate access again.
    I used Quicken Direct Connect.  It does not work.  So I deactivated to try to connect using Express Web Connect and there is no Vystar FI in Quicken.
    So it is working for some when Quicken doesn't even have it as an FI.
    What gives?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:

Very confusing since transaction downloads to Vystar seem to have been grandfathered in for those using Express Web Connect.

• pvision11
    pvision11 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > FYI … 
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20290522/#Comment_20290522

Thank you for the link! I was following that discussion for updates until it closed.

I copied the final post from Quicken into my chat with VyStar chat for confirmation, which is when VyStar told me the info was not accurate. If I may vent a little, I have used Quicken+VyStar together for...20 years? Not particularly interested in going back to manual entry so I hope these two get it together.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've checked with Vystar online support.  They seem perplexed that Quicken has delisted Vystar and thought Quicken connection to Vystar had been resolved. So the 2 organizations seem to be miscommunicating.  I have a support ticket opened at Vystar for this issue.

• mardis2003
    mardis2003 Member ✭✭
    Agree. Don't know which company is lying the most! Closing my VyStar account. Too many issues since April.
  • jvanduzee
    jvanduzee Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jasmine" said:
    > Hello @mardis2003,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize for the inconvenience.
    >
    > Vystar is temporarily unavailable currently, however, we are aware and looking further into this situation. There is no current ETA at this time. 
    >
    > I hope this clears things up!

@quicken jasmine This does not clean things up. This has been ongoing for 5 1/2 months. We need an answer on what is happening what the road map to resolution is.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jvanduzee said:    We need an answer on what is happening what the road map to resolution is.
    it's simple - VYSTAR has chosen to terminate Quicken support.... there is no road map -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not so simple. Vystar support thinks quicken is still supported and have posted that on their website. There is a miscommunication. 

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @leishirsute - nope - still not there - at least on the QWin side - can't speak if the QMac side supports VYSTAR.
    it was listed several months ago in QWin - but then was DE-LISTED -
    and currently is not listed in QWin as a contracting customer with Quicken for providing download support.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @ps65k2 I have a ticket open with Vystar.  Their website and Quicken have different stories about Quicken connectivity.
    "Third Party Applications Am I able to link my VyStar account to QuickBooks, Intuit Mint or Quicken?  As of August 5, 2022, VyStar accounts can be linked to QuickBooks Online, Quicken and Intuit Mint.  For instructions on how to add your account in Intuit Mint, visit the Intuit Mint support page.  For instructions on how to add accounts in Quicken, visit the Quicken help pageFor instructions on how to add accounts in QuickBooks Online, visit the QuickBooks support page. Please note: At this time, VyStar accounts can only be linked with QuickBooks Online, not the QuickBooks desktop application. Our teams continue to work on restoring functionality with the QuickBooks desktop application. "
    SOURCE: https://info4.vystarcu.org/omb-faq?fbclid=IwAR08LYMK8CplOO5Jkzo6lOKTlINvVMMyecYILFW7tm53uQ6yKH2GJT4YKBw

It's interesting to note that transaction downloads for Vystar appear to be working for prior users of Express Web Connect, but not for Direct Connect users or new users (since they cannot add a Vystar account into Quicken).  It looks like if the Express Web Connect script had already been downloaded it still exists for prior users and does not validate with Quicken's FI list.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every once in awhile the FI list does have an error… but the comments posted from the Admin appear to reflect that VyStar did actively terminate their contract with quicken… but that is usually reflected with a ZZZ prefixed entry, and that did not even exist. So … it is possible that the VyStar entry was accidentally deleted- 
    @Quicken Anja

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Mlayne6292
    Mlayne6292 Member ✭✭
    @leishirsute
    > @ps65k2  I have a ticket open with Vystar.  Their website and Quicken have different stories about Quicken connectivity. "Third Party Applications

Keep us updated. I too am wondering why my mobile app works fine but my desktop will not download. I have not had connectivity since the platform upgrade. And now that Vystar doesn't show up in the list of FI at all, it is concerning. I am considering a banking move but Vystar reached out this afternoon and I will be chatting with support tomorrow. I will update everyone with their responses.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @Mlayne6292 When you write "mobile app works", do you mean Quicken mobile app is pulling in Vystar transactions?  Did you use the Quicken mobile app prior to the Vystar upgrade?  If so, it might be using Express Web Connect and that seems to be working with users that had prior connections.  Was your desktop using a Direct Connect to Vystar?  That seems to have stopped working.  Does the Quicken mobile app sync with the desktop so it sends the Vystar transactions to the desktop? I'm not very familiar with the Quicken mobile app. I'm glad you are discussing with Vystar. They seem to think that everything is working with Quicken.  It's good that more than one person reports a problem.

• Mlayne6292
    Mlayne6292 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I used the app before the outage. It syncs with the data file in the cloud and I can add transactions manually in the app but It does not appear to connect directly to the financial institution.
  • Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your experiences, they mirror what I've seen. It's clear that it's a communication issue and not one company wanting to discontinue the connect.

I know it's great area and not black/white, at this point, but I find it very encouraging that the deposit accounts are connecting perfectly now - even if I have to do the "one-time" passcode each time. I'm also, very much, looking forward to reconnecting the credit cars as well. Manually adding each transaction is cumbersome.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sourwine15 The connections that appear to be working is for grandfathered Express Web Connect accounts in Vystar.  Direct Connect is not working for me.  @Chris_QPW has provided a free software program he wrote that will import a downloaded CSV file from Vystar into Quicken.  It has a small learning curve but I've been using it to import transactions into Quicken while (hopefully) Vystar gets its act together.

• Sourwine15
    Sourwine15 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Every once in awhile the FI list does have an error… but the comments posted from the Admin appear to reflect that VyStar did actively terminate their contract with quicken… but that is usually reflected with a ZZZ prefixed entry, and that did not even exist. So … it is possible that the VyStar entry was accidentally deleted- 
    > @Quicken Anja

All of the sudden, it may have been an error? Oh really? I'll accept my apology now... Kidding aside, it's clear that there has been some serious communication issues and the situation was never black & white, but more of a dark grey.

This said, I can confirm that my transactions are downloading perfectly in Quicken, so it's clear that the service is back to working. Being honest, however, I must acknowledge that I can't add new accounts, so they do appear to still need to communicate to work out getting it added back to the Financial Institutions list. The more we press both sides, the sooner this takes place.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Sourwine15 said:  >
    All of the sudden, it may have been an error? Oh really? I'll accept my apology now...
    nope - it's probably just an error .... that it is still working for downloads - when it shouldn't be at all - if not in the FI List.

@Quicken Anja

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @ps56k2 It looks like Express Web Connect scripts don't check for authorized FI's and don't need to interface with Quicken servers.  That's probably why they are still working.

• Tbite
    Tbite Member
    Any update on how long it will take for Vystar to be added back to the FI list?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Vystar is posting Quicken support on its website as if they are out of touch with the situation.  Hopefully, they will respond to my support ticket, but I don't expect anything soon.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbite said:
    Any update on how long it will take for Vystar to be added back to the FI list?
    {sigh}

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Mlayne6292
    Mlayne6292 Member ✭✭
    According to Vystar Credit Union, all web functionality was restored in early August and they have no idea why they are not listed in Quicken. The mobile app works appropriately but the desktop version doesnt list Vystar at all.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Vystar has chosen to withdraw downloading support for any new Quicken user accounts -
    You should ask them to verify what their "Quicken assigned 5-digit bank number is" -
    as per the Quicken contract for downloading support ... because they are NOT currently listed as having a "contract".

also - requested Admin merge this into the above existing discussion

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.