CC-503 errors from PenFed

Answers

• Papoon
    Papoon Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    wallenjs said:
    I believe we are all users of Quicken and PenFed - It would be nice if both of them would care enough to get these issues ironed out.
    It takes two to tango.  Quicken, at least, acknowledges there is a problem.  PenFed tells customers they don't support Quicken.
  • Same situation with CC-502 errors. It was going well for some time until August, now back to same old problem. I had starting using a comparable credit card from Wells Fargo but slowly started going back to PenFed. I'm done, shame on me :( Now manually download transactions and stop using the card.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    I guess we can all start moving are money from Penfed and stop using their credit cards. 
  • Anyone had any luck syncing yet?
  • stan05482
    stan05482 Member ✭✭
    I also sent a letter to the Board. Received a generic letter back from the Chairman. Absolute worst technology suite of any banking relationship I have ever had. I also have been getting CC-502 errors since 8/31/22.
  • hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Well, something has changed. I'm getting CC-506 now.
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you people have come to the realization that Penfed doesn't care about the Quicken connection.  The only way they will start caring if you stop using their products.  I stopped using their credit card for that very reason about 1 year ago
  • hansenb40
    neil154 said:
    I don't think you people have come to the realization that Penfed doesn't care about the Quicken connection.  The only way they will start caring if you stop using their products.  I stopped using their credit card for that very reason about 1 year ago
    The number of quicken users is so small compared to their members, closing accounts and/or credit cards will make no difference to their bottom line.

The best approach is to continue to be vocal about our displeasure and maybe something will happen.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to download my transactions this morning.  :)
  • John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Krakat said:
    > I was able to download my transactions this morning.  :)

As was I. Brought in my payment received from a week ago.
  • Pete Sawin
    Pete Sawin Member ✭✭✭
    Worked for me too.
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Not for me. Still getting CC-503. Have logged into Penfed and updated everything by download from their site, so am current, but Q update not working.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    @garysmith Since you manually downloaded and updated your accounts you may need to deactivate and reactive them. Once you deactivate the account(s), add new accounts and link them to each account.  Hopefully this works…
  • hansenb40
    edited September 2022
    Works for me. For the accounts I had downloaded I had to edit the account and upgrade the connection on the 'online services' tab.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Received this response from PenFed on my letter/email to Chairman of the Board

Due to an internal error, our IT team temporarily disabled aggregator third party access to PenFed Online. We regret you were unable to download your transactions through Quicken during this time. However, we can confirm as of September 7th, you should now be able to use Quicken again.

As a reminder, during times when you are unable to download your transactions through Quicken, you can still access your accounts through PenFed Online, manually download your transactions, and import them to Quicken.

Thank you for being an engaged PenFed member.

Sincerely,

Nicole Thompson

Manager, Executive Correspondence

Office of the Chairman of the Board

O: 1-800-247-5626 | F: 1-800-278-2212

• Wonderboy
    Wonderboy Member ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing this and for contacting them in an apparently effective way!
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Wow. An I am still receiving the CC-503 as o"as 15 minutes ago. Supposedly fixed 6 days ago? I don't think so.
  • chutchin11
    chutchin11 Member ✭✭
    Still an issue with me. I tried deactivating and now can't activate "one step update". My customer id is now a numeric on my Account Details "General" tab. This is not what I use when I manually login PenFed. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this an "Express Web Connect" issue?
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    @chutchin11 see if this link helps you. https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account The one item you may want to do once you deactivated your account(s) is remove the financial institution name and click OK.  I also remove the account number. Then I reactivate and link to my existing Quicken account.  I have a problem with my IRA account not being listed though it’s an account at PenFed. Hope this helps.  
  • chutchin11
    chutchin11 Member ✭✭
    I get the CC-501 error. Quicken server issue. This is a continual problem trying to get connected to PenFed. Also I could not find "At the top of the Account Bar, click the + (plus sign) button". I'm using version R43.26, build 27.1.43.26 for Windows 10. Reporting a problem to Quicken seems to be ignored. Been having this issue for a long time.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    @chutchin11 That's the version I have. have you been able to deactivate all your PenFed accounts? remove financial institution and account number for each account for PenFed. Under Tools there is option to add accounts.  CNTL-A brings up account list and at there is button to add account or under Tools select Add Account.
  • chutchin11
    chutchin11 Member ✭✭
    Seems to have worked this time once I deactivated all accounts and removed the financial institution. Thanks for the help. Hopefully it won't mess up again.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    @chutchin11 Great…
This discussion has been closed.