CC-503 errors from PenFed

Options

Answers

• MVW
    MVW Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, it looks like it is BACK again. Tried the other day (10-30-22) and again today (11-6-22) and getting the CC-503 errors AGAIN. Tried the simple fix of deactivating/activating Online services in the Account Details, but did NOT work. Guess I'll report it to Quicken and see how long it takes to resolve this time. Good grief, you would think they could keep the system fixed for awhile.
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options
    MVW, I suspect you wasted your time and effort on this. The current issue has existed for nearly a month, after a couple weeks when it worked that followed several weeks of not working. PenFed is pushing back at Quicken, and Quicken is pointing the finger at Intuit. Needless to say, Quicken's customers who are account holders at PenFed suffer. This, or similar issues involving Quicken and Penfed go back at least a few years, off and on. All Quicken will tell us is that they are hard at work trying to fix it. But, if it is a problem at Intuit, where does it stand in their priorities?

Unfortunately there does not appear to be any real competition in this space.
  • brewtoo64
    brewtoo64 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Is this EVER going to be fixed??
  • brewtoo64
    brewtoo64 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I called "Customer Service" today. There was no customer service. Horrible waste of time with three people who seemed to have no idea what they were doing.
  • Airborne06
    Airborne06 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been experiencing this problem on and off for years. The latest iteration was several months ago. After a few weeks, I was again able to download from my PENFED accounts....I was hoping Quicken had finally gotten their act together. Then o/a 7 October, it was broken again. I've had it. Goodbye Quicken! Without the ability to have automatic downloads, you are worthless to me. I might as well go back to using a check register and do entries by hand!
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is a persistent problem with quicken and PenFed. I too quite quicken as I refuse to pay for a service with so many issues with providing the customer what they promise. We shouldn't pay them while they develop this service.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm now getting the CC-800 error code. Even the instructions to fixing this type of error fails.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iyaun said:
    I'm now getting the CC-800 error code. Even the instructions to fixing this type of error fails.
    I have received this error CC-800 error for weeks. The only way I have been able to clear error is try to add a new PenFed account. It then clears the CC-800 error. I no longer have PenFed trying to be updated since it’s a pain to clear this error. Hope this works for you.  
  • craiglongenecker
    Options
    I also have problems with PenFed and I wish that Quicken would correct them, but to say that we should abandon Quicken or force them to credit us for the time we can not update PenFed automatically seems a bit harsh, after all not every Bank and Credit Card offers automatic downloads from Quicken. Yes, Quicken should correct the error if it is occuring on their Network but they have no control over the PenFed Network. Point our errors, but lets be reasonable with our demands.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    A new error code! CC-506. Bottom line--it's still not working and the "maybe" reason for the error do not apply.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Krakat said:
    > I have received this error CC-800 error for weeks. The only way I have been able to clear error is try to add a new PenFed account. It then clears the CC-800 error. I no longer have PenFed trying to be updated since it’s a pain to clear this error. Hope this works for you.  

Thanks. It cleared the CC-800 error and created a new one (CC-506).
  • Run65
    Run65 Member
    Options
    > @Papoon said:
    > Yesterday I started getting cc-503 errors with One-Step Update from PenFed.  I deactivated all 3 PenFed accounts and attempted to re-add from Tools-->Add Account... which results in cc-503 error. Username/password work from web but not from Quicken.
    >
    > UPDATE: As of 0800 EDT on 25 Aug it is again working for me (as others have reported downthread).  I do wish PenFed would stop denying they support Quicken ("Unfortunately, PenFed is not able to support automatic downloads to Quicken.") and instead just work to fix things without a fight.  Still, under a week is sort of record time for getting a PenFed<-->Quicken problem resolved.
    >
    > Quicken Premier for Windows R43.14 running on Windows 10 

I have tried access for a week and received an error when I disconnected and tried to reconnect I get "Server Communication Error Warning
    There was a problem during communication with our servers: Can't setup 'Pentagon Federal Credit Union'
    I submitted the error report
  • darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I took the painless way out and obtained a Wells Fargo card that offers the same 2% cash back option and downloads perfectly. I even got a $200 cash back reward for spending $1000 in first 2 months. 
  • JHoch
    JHoch Member
    Options
    Recent post in October and November of 2022 show many log-in problems regarding Pentagon Federal Credit Union accounts. People have cited various error codes. :s :s >:) Has anyone found a solution?
  • mitchac
    mitchac Member
    Options
    Same problem here for a month now. When will this be resolved?
  • eliasfonseca
    Options
    Its been a while since this issue is reported. I wonder why I need to pay a subscription that I need to manually download and enter all my transactions from 4 accounts in penfed
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    There continue to be regular messages from the Quicken staff that this issue is still being worked. In the interest of transparency, it would be useful if they would actually indicate what the actual problem is.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    This problem has been on/off since August. It happened a few times this year and last year.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @wallenjs said:
    > OK - I give up.
    > I just opened up a new Credit Union account and it downloads to Quicken perfectly.
    > I will slowly be transitioning away from PenFed.

You may want to compare rates before leaving PenFed completely. I've checked the rates and PenFed is more acceptable for me.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Iyaun said:
    > > @wallenjs said:
    > > OK - I give up.
    > > I just opened up a new Credit Union account and it downloads to Quicken perfectly.
    > > I will slowly be transitioning away from PenFed.
    >
    > You may want to compare rates before leaving PenFed completely. I've checked the rates and PenFed is more acceptable for me. I'd leave quicken before PenFed.
  • ER Steiger
    Options
    Called PenFed and they said they have no answers. What is the issue. Downloads stopped in October 17th.
  • ER Steiger
    Options
    Pen Fed Download
  • garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's a long read, but appears to those who have been here for awhile that Penfed is not the problem. It is either Quicken or Intuit. Quicken uses the former owner company of Quicken (Intuit) for the actual interface with the financial institutions. Penfed is not the only institution they are having issues with. Quicken claims they have teams working on the issues, but the normal update seems to be that they are working on it and sorry for the inconvenience. They had a similar issue back in August. The fix lasted for a couple weeks last time. I reported same situation back in 2021. And it is older than that. Too bad Microsoft dropped "Money" which at least was an alternative. Now supposedly "Mint" exists, but is a poor substitute. Most of these financial institutions (banks, credit unions, credit cards and brokerages) have ways to manually get the information on transactions directly by you, the customer. If it was only one account at one institution, it wouldn't be too bad, but I have multiple accounts at multiple institutions that are not downloading currently.
  • pwsnla
    pwsnla Member
    Options
    I am also affected by this issue. I have five PenFed accounts and having to handle downloads manually has been very time consuming and disruptive. This issue has persisted well over a month and Quicken is not providing any information or ETA for resolving this beyond saying that they are working on it.

Since others have mentioned that they received two months credit on their subscription I contacted Quicken but they would only offer me one month credit despite me pointing out this thread with users stating that they received two months credit. That really made me angry. Apparently not all customers all equally important to Quicken and I am not important.

Nicely done Quicken! Not only you are not able to resolve an issue affecting many customers for over a month but also you refuse to compensate me for having a product that does not work with a subscription credit worth lousy few bucks.
  • MarieBaumann
    MarieBaumann Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been having this issue for over a year. Sporadic downloads if at all. I just have a credit card with PenFed and I'm going to limit my use of it so I can manually enter everything, until such time as I can get rid of PenFed for good. I hesitate to ditch Quicken just for this.
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 months and counting
    Quicken - would you provide clarity for this issue? pls
    why Direct Connect isn't available for this? that I as User can directly access PenFed from my IP address, so will be no needs for any aggregator IP for all Users?
    Is it Quicken that wants to charge a CU / Bank and CU doesn't want to pay for it? or what it is?
    please, be clear so your Customers can act appropriately.

PenFed states several time that aggregator IP is security issue and that's why access from such IP has been firewalled / disabled and treated as DDoS IP.
    Best Regards
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @mikek753b said:
    > 2 months and counting
    > Quicken - would you provide clarity for this issue? pls
    > why Direct Connect isn't available for this? that I as User can directly access PenFed from my IP address, so will be no needs for any aggregator IP for all Users?
    > Is it Quicken that wants to charge a CU / Bank and CU doesn't want to pay for it? or what it is?
    > please, be clear so your Customers can act appropriately.
    >
    > PenFed states several time that aggregator IP is security issue and that's why access from such IP has been firewalled / disabled and treated as DDoS IP.
    >

Thank you for this information. This problem will not get fixed by quicken until the security issue is resolved. If this is the cause of our grief, PenFed is protecting their customers as they should. Now, will quicken fix the security issue so that the IP will not be blocked by PenFed? We shall see.
This discussion has been closed.