Favorite Valentine's Sweet Treats...

Options
Quicken Anja
Quicken Anja Moderator mod
edited April 2023 in The Water Cooler
It's Cupid's month, and with it, we bring you our monthly Icebreaker for February!

Let's talk Valentine's sweet treats! When I think of Valentine's Day candy, I think of "pralines" which I have my dad to thank for. Every Valentine's Day he would get me, my siblings, and my mom, our own box of Leonidas praline chocolates. Unfortunately, I only get to enjoy those once in a blue moon now as they're unfortunately not sold here locally, though I sure do miss them! 

Do you have a favorite Valentine's sweet treat you like to receive or gift? Please share. :)

-Quicken Anja
Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey  is  MY  definition  of a "sweet treat"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great February, thus far, and Happy Valentine's Day!

If I had to pick a brand closely associated with Valentine's, then I have to confess: I think the Candy Hearts are alright, chalky texture and all. Not sure that I would ever buy them for someone; I just remember them fairly clearly from when I was in grade school. There are a lot of great chocolates out there, too, but nothing specific really comes to mind at the moment. 

I am curious to hear what other people think of.

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hello Everyone, 

Happy Valentines Day!

I admire @NotACPA's choice of a sweet treat, I would like to say my sweet treat is also alcohol. Probably not anything fancy as I am only 23 so my pallet is not sophisticated and I enjoy (might be a strong choice of word) lower shelf alcohol LOL. 

Anywho, my favorite sweet treat in regards to Valentine's Day would have to be Sweethearts, now before you come at me hear me out, don't you just love to sit back, relax, and enjoy a small heart-shaped bite of chalk with a hint of sugar??? I mean, who wouldn't love that? Like I said before my pallet is still very young so even though you are judging me, just know that I do not care and will continue to enjoy my little bites of sugary chalk in the comfort of my home. 

I can't wait to hear from everyone else!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @NotACPA I was just about to say I have never heard of that candy before in my life  :D

I love chocolate covered strawberries and red velvet cakes or cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. It's just so decedent. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day if they are celebrating. Otherwise, I hope everyone else has a great "Treat Yo Self" day! 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Nightcamp
    Nightcamp Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    My wife's baked plum-almond yellow cake with the plums split and resting mostly on the cake top in the shape of hearts is my favorite. Together with a cup of coffee, this is my longed-for special treat. Thank goodness she can be convinced to bake it more than once per year.
    -Herschel
  • Kimmers
    Kimmers Member ✭✭
    Options
    cinnamon gumdrop hearts
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tony's Chocolonely!
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baileys Irish Cream in a cup of natural hazelnut coffee with a dash of cinnamon!😍
  • Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    chocolate cover peanuts please

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

AI am with @Quicken Janean on this one…

Chocolate covered strawberries are the best treat for Valentine's Day. Heck, they are heart shaped, and my sweatheart LOVES them too!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.