cloud-free version of Quicken & Quicken Mobile (local sync option) (10 Legacy Votes)

13»

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Your best bet is to go with their new product:
    > https://www.quicken.com/simplifi
    >
    > There is zero chance that a full version of Quicken is ever going to be produced for the iPad.

From the Simplifi web site: If you are actively using Quicken now, Simplifi is not for you as it cannot read your Quicken data.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @dondgc Seldom are their perfect choices in this world.  What that post didn't say is that you can start over with Simplifi.  Not a great choice, but it is a choice.  Simplifi has other limitations too.

Just like Quicken has limitations.  And one of them is that it will never be a standalone mobile App.

One has to choose what is more important to them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Apple has almost completed it's 2 year plan to switch all of it's computers to Apple Silicon. MacOS on Apple Silicon will run IOS apps also. Isn't now the perfect time for an IOS Quicken app? 1 app that runs on everything Apple.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Dennis@1 I assume by your comments that you have made that you are in fact a Quicken Mac user.

As such you should be very familiar with the history of its total rewrite starting in 2006, and still not really completed to this day.  To me I doubt that Quicken Inc would start another such project for iOS.
    Signature:
  • ALee643
    ALee643 Member ✭✭
    I would have liked to use Quicken Mobile in the past few years but the reviews in various forums prevent me from doing so. I don't relish the thought of spending hours fixing my financial data after a cloud sync gone bad. I too do not trust keeping all of my financial data in the cloud space. So I support this product suggestion whole-heartedly! I miss the days of Quicken and using Quicken for Windows Mobile by Landware to keep track of my finances. As badly as Quicken Mobile seems to be (after reading the reviews), perhaps Quicken needs to hire Landware to revise their app!
  • I’m with everyone else - trying to ditch the computer and just use the iPad, but the only app I can’t use is Quicken. Have to keep the laptop around for that one program. The companion app is fine, but what I really want is the registers; guess I’m old school. I want to see what’s posted and I like to enter things that are coming due and link my upcoming credit card payments back to my checking account so that I can see my cash flow.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @mmcross04 So, you are an old school, new wave person that only uses an iPad.   ;)
    Signature:
  • David Christopher
    David Christopher Member ✭✭✭✭

I can do anything I want on my iPad except Quicken. I do not need a desktop ‘anything’ except for my Windows Quicken program or app, not sure what it is these days. I do not want a laptop or a desktop any more, a tablet should be all I need. Quicken Mobile is useless to me.
    I should be able to bring up Quicken on my tablet and it should work exactly as it does on my windows desktop!

Fix it.

An always complaining old man.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing TO fix.

Q is simply to convoluted to run on a dinky iPad.

Take a look at Simplifi to see if that meets your needs

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

Get a Surface tablet. Quicken runs great on an i3 Surface Pro 7 in Win 11 so any Surface you would buy now would be more than adequate. I still like using the removable keyboard and a mouse because I'm old. 😉

• David Christopher

Yau right NotACPA, I remember butting heads with you in the old days. You are correct that I need a desktop or laptop to fully build Google Spreadsheets with the Wisesheets extension. Once built, they work well on my ‘Dinky’ iPad. The programs I have for ‘investments’ leave Quicken’s version way behind. I will check out Simplifi out though.

• David Christopher

Thanks markus1957, I will check out the i3 Surface Pro 7 in Win 11 tablet. I am old too, so a mouse and keyboard are in the mix with me.

• furrtree
    furrtree Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023

This is not such a new idea, but it seems to be for folks at quicken! When are we going to see a full iOS app? Been an Quicken user for almost 25 years and this is the best personal finance software going. But it is literally the only reason I still have a laptop computer. Users desperately need a full blown IPad version of the desktop software. I could finally ditch the laptop and have everything in one place. Quicken….. please I beg you! 🙏

• Dan1956
    Dan1956 Member

Same here. I have been devoted user since 2005, first on Windows and since a year, on Mac. I have a macbook just for Quicken. Please I want an Ipad toch screen adapted full blown version of Quicken. It easy to make mistake with the mobile companion and the online web app.

• Dan1956
    Dan1956 Member

Please, please, please, please

• MattQ
    MattQ Member ✭✭

The only reason I still have a MacBook is for Quicken. If they made a full version for iPad it would be awesome. Being that the M series iPads have desktop class Cpu this should be technically possible no?

• KPTX
    KPTX Member

Quicken is the ONLY software product that is preventing me from moving solely to my iPad Pro and off of a computer. PLEASE make improvements so that I don’t have to keep a computer just for this.

• tramsour
    tramsour Member

Yes please.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.