Reauthorize American Express does NOT include Corporate Card

I have two Amex cards, one is personal the other corporate. They are both available when I login to Amex online. However, when try to reauthorize Quicken, only my personal card is listed to reauthorize. I assume this is an issue with Amex, but Quicken needs to coordinate this with them (I cannot just call Amex and get this fixed). Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• ipbrogden
    ipbrogden Member ✭✭
    I have a similar issue. Several AMEX credit cards, including a corporate card. When I try to re-authorize them, the Personal card accounts show up, the Corporate doesn't. If I try to update / re-authorize just the Corporate card, the AMEX page only shows me the Personal accounts.
  • Beemer57
    Beemer57 Member
    I also have this issue. My corp Amex doesn't show up in the list of accounts where it used to work.
  • obsidianjg
    obsidianjg Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue as Beemer57. My corporate card does not show up. It's the only account I have with Amex
  • qwood
    qwood Member
    Same as several others. My personal card shows up but not my corporate card. They were both working with Direct Connect.
  • jvasquez8
    jvasquez8 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here for me.
  • WFP
    WFP Member ✭✭✭
    I have two separate non-linked amex accounts, one personal and one corporate with different usernames and PWs for online access.

The personal account re-authorized.

The Corporate account did not and now each time I try, after the amex redirect from quicken login, no accounts are listed to "check the box" to re-authorize unlike when I did the Personal one.
  • jlz
    jlz Member ✭✭
    I have 2 Amex cards under a single account. When reauthorizing Quicken to connect to Amex using the new connection method, as instructed, Amex only presents my personal card for reconnection. I've attempted multiple times without success. My corporate card is now disconnected from Quicken and I can't reestablish the connection. Has anyone else experienced and solved?
  • somedave
    somedave Member ✭✭
    I only have a Bonvoy card, which is personal but not one of the "standard" cards. Same thing - it's missing from the list to select and so I can't even click the "Authorize" button (it's disabled) and there's no way to get account syncing back right now apparently. Looks like there are as many as 10 threads on here from folks with similar issues - the radio silence from Quicken is concerning and make me wonder when/if we'll ever get this functionality back.
  • somedave
    somedave Member ✭✭
    Here's what I see, it sounds like it's what other folks are seeing too. I'm guessing from reading all the threads here about this problem, certain kinds of accounts (including some personal credit cards like mine) are not supported in this "upgraded" method. I just got off a chat with Quicken support and they basically told me "not our problem" so I don't have much hope of this getting resolved any time soon.
  • somedave
    somedave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Update: I just spoke with Amex support who directed me to...Quicken support (which I already talked to above). So until either Quicken or Amex takes responsibility and figures out where the problem is (and there's definitely a problem given how many people are coming in and posting here), it looks like if you can't already authorize one or more of your Amex cards with Quicken, you're [Removed - Profanity] for the foreseeable future.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• clonedmj
    clonedmj Member ✭✭
    Glad i'm not the only one with this issue. Amex said nothing changed and they can't reauthorize manually. Hoping quicken support can resolve it but i think this is a lost cause until next time.
  • Doug Giannotti
    Doug Giannotti Windows Beta Beta
    Same issue here. Corp Card is not showing after re-authorization and will not show during AMEX authorization dialog
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    clonedmj said:
    Glad i'm not the only one with this issue. Amex said nothing changed and they can't reauthorize manually. Hoping quicken support can resolve it but i think this is a lost cause until next time.
    Got to love a statement like this.  Nothing changed except the complete process of how downloading is handled.
    And got to love Amex for blaming Quicken Inc/Intuit for a problem on their website.

But there is hope.  This isn't the first time this has happened.  In other conversions to Express Web Connect + with other financial institutions the same kind of thing happened.  Some account types not being able to be reauthorized.  And after some time, they did get fixed.  So, there isn't anything in Quicken (the program), Quicken's server, Intuit's servers, that prevents this.  It is all up to the financial institution to get it fixed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jlz
    jlz Member ✭✭
    Have to concur that this appears to be an issue on the American Express side. I say that because I disconnected both personal and corporate card from online access. No matter what sequence I attempt to reestablish the online link the Amex website gives me the opportunity to authorize my personal card only, never my corporate. Let's hope Quicken succeeds in getting American Express's attention since they would seemingly have the proper technical contacts.
  • I am seeing the same problem ... no Accounts to select from. In my case I have 2 AMX cards (one that is my personal card, and one that is my Companies Corp card. I have seperate online loggins for each. I added my personal AMX card forever ago and direct downloads have been working fine ... but when I try to add my new AMX Company Corp Card ... I see the problem that others have reported here. I hope you please put attention on this to understand and fix this issue. Thank-you in advance.
  • rileymerchants
    rileymerchants Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Ditto everything said so far. I have a personal Amex and a Corporate Amex, and I get the reauthorization popup every time, and it only allows me to select my personal card. Gonna do the manual download thing until it's fixed.
  • Any update? Still don't see the corporate account
  • jlz
    jlz Member ✭✭
    this past weekend I called Amex and spoke to a customer service representative. After I convinced him that he and I would not solve this problem without escalation to IT he agreed to open a complaint that would be routed to IT. I insisted he share the URL for this discussion with IT. Suggest we all do the same but don't let the customer service representative waste too much time of yours attempting to solve. This problem has to be solved by the Amex IT team, most likely with Quicken support.

Similarly, I used the Quicken Report a Problem option, under Help, to share this discussion asking that they too get a hold of their customer at Amex. This is likely not Quicken's issue but Amex is their customer and they too should be interested in making sure their customers use the capabilities they offer correctly.

Recommend as many of us as possible call Amex, and report the problem to Quicken...
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    I am seeing the same problem ... no Accounts to select from. In my case I have 2 AMX cards (one that is my personal card, and one that is my Companies Corp card. I have seperate online loggins for each. I added my personal AMX card forever ago and direct downloads have been working fine ... but when I try to add my new AMX Company Corp Card ... I see the problem that others have reported here. I hope you please put attention on this to understand and fix this issue. Thank-you in advance.
    My personal and corporate cards share a login. However I was only able to reauthorize the former. No option to select the corporate card. Following the thread. 
  • jwright006
    jwright006 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here... I have 2 personal AmEx cards and a Corporate card... both my personal AmEx cards reauthorized fine, but the Corporate card didn't appear as an option. If I try to reauthorize again when Quicken prompts me since the Corporate card isn't authorized, it takes me through the same steps but again only my 2 personal AmEx cards show up as selectable.
  • JohnC2
    JohnC2 Member
    Same issue for me; however, I was able to select "remind me next time" and my Corp account still syncs successfully with the old method (AmEx now shows twice on one step update list).
  • jlz
    jlz Member ✭✭
    So I spent an inordinate amount of time today on the phone with Amex and Quicken.

No surprise but Amex member services was in complete denial that this is their issue and had no means to escalate the problem to their IT shop despite my pleading and attempts to explain to them why this is their problem. They insisted that I call Quicken and then call them back if Quicken can't help...

So I called Quicken and got a helpful technical support person on the phone who ultimately was escalating the conversation to level 2 and level 3 support, ultimately learned from level 3 that Quicken is aware of the issue and has been speaking with the technical team at Amex to correct.

Of course there is no known timeline for correction. So I'm simply going to monitor the situation and hope they resolve within a couple of weeks.
  • StaticWater
    StaticWater Member ✭✭
    The temporary workaround is to download the qfx file from the Amex website. Instructions: Login to Amex site, go to "Statements & Activity", click on the download icon to the right of the heading "Recent Transactions". Download the Quicken qfx file. Open the qfx file which will bring up a Quicken "Import Downloaded Transactions" window. Be sure to "Link to and existing account" and choose the account for your existing Amex account. Caveat - it MAY not import all your transactions since last import. So, you may have to manually enter some transactions. Please, dear god Quicken - get Amex to fix this!
  • Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    Looks like quicken released another untested "feature" - my Amex card is totally hosed. I only have a corporate card so the re-authorize did not work at all. So I figured I would delete the online biller and set it up again, now its really hosed. 
  • same problem here.
  • Scott Zucker
    Scott Zucker Member ✭✭
    I have a personal Amex and a Corporate Amex. Both have been connected to Quicken for a long time. When Quicken and American Express changed the connection method, I followed the procedure to reauthorize my accounts, but I was only given the option to authorize my personal account.

I was then stuck getting messages to re-authorize my Amex accounts, but I was never given the option to authorize the corporate account. Eventually I stopped getting those messages, I deactivated my corporate account after it stopped updating, and I tried to add my corporate account as a new account, but still the authorization procedure only recognizes my personal account, not the corporate account.

How do I activate the corporate account? Note I mange both cards with the same Amex login credentials and I see both cards when I log into the Amex website, just not when doing the authorization procedure.
  • Scott: that is exactly my issue. Everyone seems to have the same and regardless Quicken has done nothing to address it. Like so many other things they go unaddressed for months. Time to get onto other software. What's the point to pay if download is disabled for my most important accounts.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

I may be missing something here but shouldn't the corporation pay the corporate AMEX cards? I too have a corporate card that I track in Quickbooks and several personal cards. The corporate card was re-authorized following the instructions from Quickbooks and the personal cards were re-authorized and are in Quicken. No issues with either corporate or personal cards.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

@Snowman You are missing the fact that they want their corporate card to download into Quicken. It used to when AMEX was using Direct Connect.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.