Show Deposit before Payment in register (Q Mac)

jeffeadams
jeffeadams Member ✭✭
I would like the register to show the deposits before the payments, as this is how my bank does online. The daily balance does not line up the way it is now, with the deposits listed after the payments.

Am I just missing something as simple as a check box somewhere?

Appreciate the help.
Tagged:
11 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You aren't missing a checkbox or preference as one doesn't exist.

Do note that you can drag the transactions to rearrange the order if you so desire. 
  • jeffeadams
    jeffeadams Member ✭✭
    The drag suggestions helps a lot. Thank you.

Seems like a minor thing, but I would really like the ability to choose how it sorts. Can't be that hard to program in, as it already know how to sort the other way. Future Version?
  • Matthew Moran
    Matthew Moran Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ditto and any idea if this has been submitted for a feature albeit kinda obvious?
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Windows does it that way. Mac should too. Add my vote.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community, although I apologize that this ability is currently unavailable in the Quicken for Mac product.

I have gone ahead and turned this Discussion into an Idea post so that other users are able to vote on it.

Please be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:

Our developer's review these posts to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think, the easiest solution would be to talk the programmers into making the default sort order by ascending Date (newest transactions at the bottom of the register) to also sort by descending Amount (from +99,999,999.99 to 0 to -99,999,999.99). That would show transactions within the same date, deposits first, then withdrawals.
  • Mark233
    Mark233 Member ✭✭
    I voted yes. Pretty basic programming. Just need a toggle in preferences.
  • Drag and dropping transactions in a different order for the same day does not work any longer on the Mac. Now can we get the fix done instead of hoping for enough votes?
  • Shoikana
    Shoikana Member ✭✭

I'd love to have the option to sort income above bills on a particular day in the register. I'm using Quicken for Mac.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

It doesn't automatically sort that way, probably because not all banks treat transactions on a specific date that way — but you can manually reorder transactions on any day just by dragging them up or down in your register.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Just for anyone reading this thread, dragging transactions into a different order within a date does work correctly in Quicken Mac.

But anyone who wants to see Quicken sort deposits before payments on a date (or have the option to set it to do that) should add their vote for this Idea at the top of this page.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Shoikana,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.