Quicken Mac 7.0 has been released!

Quicken David
Quicken David Member, Employee, Mac Beta Beta
Hello! We are excited to announce that a new release of Quicken for Mac (version 7.0) is now available!

You can get the latest Quicken build by clicking "Check for Updates" under the Quicken menu.

Thank you for your help and support.

Best Regards,

The Quicken for Mac Team

Please take a moment to review the summary and try the new features in the product.

Dashboard
NEW - Net Worth card in the Home Dashboard
IMPROVED - Recently Categorized Transactions are now shown on the Uncategorized Transactions card
IMPROVED - Generate a report for the specified time period by clicking the legend on the Income & Expense card
FIXED - Income & Expense card now excludes all transfers

Investments
IMPROVED - Canadian holidays are used when showing data from the last market trading day
NEW - Added a “cheat-sheet” on how to use new Portfolio graph features

Bills & Income
NEW - Support for “Daily” frequency for scheduled transactions
NEW - You can now show Category and Tags columns in Bills & Income
FIXED - Improved consistency in using the Preferences > Connected Services > Use Posted Date for Posted Transactions

Connection Status window
IMPROVED - OFX Bill Pay errors are now shown in Connection Status window

Learning Center
IMPROVED - Added more details to the Bills section
IMPROVED - Added new content on using Tags for transactions

More changes and bug fixes
IMPROVED - Redesigned Offline Account flow
IMPROVED - Improved display of payees with descriptions
IMPROVED - Passwords for connected accounts can now be retrieved from Keychain, if available
IMPROVED - Register settings are now consistently applied to all tabs (Spending, Income, and Transactions tabs)
IMPROVED - You can now edit account names when adding new connected accounts
IMPROVED - Search results now update after adding/removing register columns
IMPROVED - Improved customization options for reporting on transfer transactions
FIXED - Improved principal and interest calculations for loans with payment frequencies of less than one month

System requirements
UPDATED - Quicken v7.0 requires macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or higher

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023

On one computer, 7.0 was offered when I started up Quicken. However, on my other computer, it still says 6.12.5 is up to date when I Check for Updates.

UPDATE: a few hours later, 7.0 is now available on the 2nd computer.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Wade Shanley
    Wade Shanley Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    For the Income & Expense Dashboard, how do we modify what it's tracking? for example it seems to be pulling in all dividends even in retirement accounts. This is way messing up cashflow in this view. Should be a way to exclude accounts or at a minimum, the dashboard should be excluding dividends in accounts tagged as Retirement type accounts. There is no cashflow until a sale/distribution in retirement accounts (IRA, 401k Roth etc). I tried just clicking on it and modifying what it's tracking but saving it doesn't make any change to the dashboard.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@Wade Shanley said: For the Income & Expense Dashboard, how do we modify what it's tracking? for example it seems to be pulling in all dividends even in retirement accounts. 

Yes, this Dashboard card was introduced in the previous (6.12) release, and many users complained that it wouldn't be useful for them unless we could select to exclude retirements accounts or all investment accounts. I had hoped to see such an improvement in the next release, but sadly 7.0 still does not provide any way to configure this card. Hopefully the developers have listened and are working on delivering some form of account controls in a near-future release.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO

Yes, but usually you can force the update even if you are not in the "stage" by doing a Check for Update. Also, I would think the stage would be by userid, but apparently it is not as these two computers were logged in under the same Quicken ID.

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭

The only Liabilities I have are credit cards. When I look at the Liabilities on the Net Worth chart on the dashboard, the $ value does not match the outstanding balance of the cards. Does anyone else see this?

Also the liability chart for me is a flat line due to the scale chosen for net worth. Perhaps this could be 2 separate charts in the window - each scaled as appropriate. Or the graph could have a second Y axis for liabilities.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
  • Quicken Victoria
    Quicken Victoria Employee, Mac Beta Beta

@jacobs Yes, we listened and we will be adding a customization tool to the Income & Expense card that will allow you to specify which accounts to include.

Thank you!

-victoria

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    I would like to add an issue that arose after the most recent update.

Under the calendars, and settings, I used to be able to select specific categories that would be included in the calendar, but that option is eliminated. Would it be possible to re-introduce that feature/fix it if possible. thank you
  • I've run the Account Update multiple times since updating to 7.0. Each time has taken over 10 minutes to complete. Anyone else having this issue?

• dranobob
    dranobob Member ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if already mentioned, but the "center" aligned format on the payee IMHO makes the calendar harder to read at a glance. It would be great if the payee alignment was optional or returned back to "left" aligned.

• Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta

Changes to the income & expenses card should be thought through quite carefully, in my opinion. Customization is great for the edge cases and power users, but I'm loving the trend to make Quicken friendlier with its default configurations and with features such as the Home cards and things like that, so I hope to see smarter default settings for the Income & Expense card.

For example, Dividends that are automatically reinvested should (in an ideal world) not hit the income and expense card by default, because reinvested dividends are effectively increasing your asset value, and will be reflected there and not as income. (I'm not sure how feasible it is for for Quicken to exclude these automatically, as different companies may report them differently, but I hope it's possible.)

On the other hand, dividends that are not being automatically reinvested possibly should be reflected as income. For anyone age 59.5 or older, a dividend distribution that is not reinvested is absolutely the same as cash from an income perspective. And even for someone younger than 59.5, I think there's an argument to be made that this could still be considered income.

TL;DR:

In my ideal world, a future version of Quicken would default to excluding my automatically reinvested dividends as income, include other dividends as income, and provide an option for customizing the defaults should I decide I need to do so.

• jacobs

@Just Lurking Sorry, but reinvested dividends are income; it's the same as receiving a cash dividend and then turning around and purchasing additional shares. Of course, that's less liquid of an asset as cash, but tracking income shouldn't care about that. This is why some users might want to exclude certain accounts from the Income and Expense card, or their budget, or certain reports — to fit their needs for tracking cash flow or taxable income.

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the latest release or if I inadvertently changed something that is causing this. After updating to QM Deluxe v7.0.0, all my brokerage accounts that were set to view "By Type" switched to display to "By Security". When I switch them back to "By Security" it shows a collapsed view, which is fine. However, now after opening up the collapsed view it doesn't stick for some but not all of my accounts! Every time I go back to the account it is collapsed again. This never happened to me before. Is it a bug or did I change some preference by mistake?

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing this. If anything it is faster for me.

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭

Do you hve any Quicken windows or reports open behind the main window? That can cause a slow down. I'm like @RCinNJ , my account update seems faster too.

• mark303
    mark303 Member ✭✭✭
    The new Net Worth card seems wrong to me. The Net Worth in the card is significantly lower than the total shown in the sidebar. Could it be a multicurrency issue?
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing this too. And as I commented above, the liabilities did not match the day I reported it but for some reason it matches today. Since all I have is CC liability, there can't be any future amounts owed, so each day's liabilities should be the same.

• jacobs

@mark303 Yes, it could be a multi currency issue. If you have any accounts in a currency other than your home currency, those accounts are not reflected in the Dashboard cards currently. The product manager has said they do plan to add multi currency support to the Dashboard in the future.

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't have any accounts in any currency that isn't US $ and I see it too.

• jacobs
    edited April 2023

@Rick2022 I don't have any accounts in any currency that isn't US $ and I see it too.

Oh, you asked if this could be a multi-currency issue, so that's what I answered.

The other difference I see in my data is if you have any scheduled transactions on today or prior days which have not been posted (marked as deposited/paid): the Net Worth in the sidebar includes those transactions, while the Net Worth in the Home Dashboard does not.

To see where your discrepancy lies, click on Net Worth (today) in the Dashboard Net Worth card. This will open a Net Worth report as of today. Position it next to your sidebar and go down your accounts to see where there is any difference. In my case, the two differences are a single account in euros (included in the sidebar, not in the Dashboard) and two scheduled not-yet-posted transactions; once I posted them, the two amounts were equal except for the account not in US dollars.

To confirm this, go to Reports > Net Worth. The total net worth today on the report will match the Dashboard card, but possibly not the sidebar. So the issue actually is not the new Dashboard card, it's that the sidebar includes non-posted transactions. While this might be helpful behavior for most people in glancing at their account balances, it's obvioulsy a source of confusion that two different areas of Quicken are calculating account balances differently. This may be one reason that the developers quietly changed the label at the bottom of the sidebar from "Net Worth" to "Total" in the new 7.0 release. I suspect this was to separate the left sidebar and its total from being associated precisely with Net Worth reported elsewhere in the program.

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭

@jacobs It wasn't me that asked about multi-currency. It was @mark303 . I just stated that I had a discrepancy and no foreign currency.

Didn't know I could drill down there. Thanks

Based on viewing Dashboard Networth report and the sidebar, the values are identical for each account as of today's date. In one account (checking), the projected balance is lower by about $5500 than todays date balance. But the difference between the Networth on the dashboard and the Total (networth) on the sidebar is about $2800 with the Sidebar value being about $2800 higher than the dashboard total. No other accounts have future entries. Not sure what is going on.

• Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta

I notice a difference between the dashboard Net Worth and sidebar Net Worth when choosing "All Dates" for the dashboard. Comparing my checking account amounts, the delta is future payments I have recorded in my checking account (not scheduled transactions). "All Dates" shows data through 12/31/2023. My sidebar setting for displayed balances is Today's Balance. Changing the setting to Projected Balance causes the sidebar checking account balance to equal the "All Dates" checking account balance in the dashboard.

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭

Since there are no other reports from users with this issue, this must be a rare problem. However, there was no change for me with the latest 7.0.1 update so I called tech support. He looked at the problem and confirmed it is a bug and sent a report to the developer team. I hope it gets fixed. If anyone else does see this please report.

• Quicken David
    Quicken David Member, Employee, Mac Beta Beta
    @RCinNJ we're aware of the problem, and it does seem to affect just a small number of users, but we should have a fix soon.
  • Alan T.
    Alan T. Member ✭✭
    I have not been able to install 7.0.1. I get a window telling me it is available, I go through the installation steps, it restarts Quicken and then immediately opens the new version available window again. Checking the application version and "About Quicken" both say it is still on 7.0.0. I have tried multiple times but it always does the same thing.
  • RickO

Try going to your account at quicken.com and download a fresh copy there.

• Alan T.
    Alan T. Member ✭✭
    I finally quit Quicken and reopened and the update worked. I should have tried that previously.
  • QuickT
    QuickT Member ✭✭

Congratualtions on releasing another dashboard card that is useless. Why are we paying for new features/cards that have little customization so we can get them to at least show correct data? The new Net worth doesn't consider multi-currency so it is completely off from the correct Net Worth calculation in the sidebar. The last Income/Expense one you released is completely whacky and incorrect also. Does anything get tested at Quicken before you release stuff or do you think it is okay to take our subscriptions and provide broken features? This is getting frustrating. Please consider driving these cards from a customizable report (behid it) that collects the data and populates the card, that way we can modify it to fit.

• Tom Bonner
    Tom Bonner Member ✭✭✭

I also have the same problem. Even worse expanded view collapses when I do almost anything like switching the column on which results are ordered. The case that really irritates me is that once a month I update a list of municipal bond prices. To do this I view the account in "Portfolio value, by type" mode with only the bond section expanded to show all the securities. I then click on a bond name to get the update price pop up and update the price but as soon as I save the price it collapses the bond list which I then have to reopen to move on to the next bond. this never occurred before 7.0 and continues in 7.0.1.

• jacobs

@Tom Bonner The Quicken Mac product manager has acknowledged the bug, as did a member of the Quicken Mac team above. They have said it will be fixed in the next release.