Quicken Mac 7.0 has been released!

Options
2»

Comments

• Sabrina G
    Sabrina G Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have seven different retirement accounts being tracked in Quicken, each with a number of different investments. I'm used to clicking on the Retirement row to see a summary of all of the accounts. As of the May 2023 update, which I just installed, each account now defaults to being expanded to show all of the investments. I DON'T like that. Now I have to collapse seven times to see everything all at once. Is there a preference for this now? If so where? If not, please put the default behavior back to what it was (it used to default to however it was when you viewed it last).
  • Sabrina G
    Sabrina G Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is the portfolio view, I'm talking about...
  • Sabrina G
    Sabrina G Member ✭✭
    Options
    My view is Portfolio Value, By Account, All Retirement Accounts.
  • Tom Bonner
    Tom Bonner Member ✭✭✭
    Options

7.0.2 changed the behavior but didn't solve the problem. If I am viewing a portfolio by type with one type open and the rest collapsed, in 7.0.1 if I updated a price or changed the column on which things are sorted, all the types were collapsed. In 7.0.2 all the types are now opened when I make any change. The state of which types are expanded and which are collapsed is not preserved.

• Alan Grobman
    Alan Grobman Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same behavior started with latest update for me as well with all investment accounts in my portfolio.
  • pjtallman
    pjtallman Member
    Options

After latest Q for Mac update, Investing Portfolio view does not show my investments in the lower section where the collapsable tree is.

Here is shot of the lower part of the portfolio view, it should show all my accounts (which are many)

• molterlynn
    molterlynn Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Investing accounts each have sub entries under them. Previously, the account could be opened (with the subs showing under them) or closed (with just the account name showing). Now, after I close the accounts the next time I open or come back to the page, all the account subs are showing. They do not stay closed. They do not stay closed after I refresh to update prices.
  • Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Quicken is aware of this and is working on a fix. The latest version, 7.0.2, did not fix it.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Version 7.0.3 was just released which fixes the Portfolio View collapse issue.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • PaulH209
    PaulH209 Member
    Options

I am a longtime Quicken user and I routinely update the program quickly with every new revision, as soon as I receive notification. This time, however, as soon as I updated the program to version 7.0.3, I immediately discovered that it had arrived with an unintended BUG in it. Whenever, I go to create a new entry, and type anything in any of the data entry fields, as long as I am typing the first word there is no problem, but as soon as I hit the space key so I can type the second word in that field, the program treats the use of the space key like it was the entry key (or return) and asks if I want to save that first word as a new entry.

I played around with it and discovered by trial and error that when this occurs, if i then press and hold the option key and while holding it down, press the space bar, that it works as it should. Had I not discovered this, using the program would have quickly become unusable; as it is, with this workaround, it is a great distraction.

I should add that I am running this on a new Mac with the latest OS, and the problem only began when I updated the Quicken App to v7.0.3, so I'm pretty sure it's an unintended coding change that accidentally created this problem.

This should be a simple fix…. Please fix it immediately and push the fix out with the new update SOON.

ps… I should add that I did call customer service and relayed this same concern to your agent Byron.

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am still having issues with BillPay despite the recent updates. I am unable to connect Xfinity, Comed, T-mobile, and I think it's because of the 2FA on these accounts. This issue has been persistent since the last few updates. Please fix this issue as there is no reason to pay for premium if BillPay on Mac doesn't work. Thank you.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@PaulH209 Your problem with the spacebar sounds like a macOS settings issue, not a Quicken one. I haven't seen what you describe since updating to 7.0.3, and the fact that no one else is reporting it among tends of thousands of Quicken Mac users makes me think it's something on your Mac.

Go to System Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard and make sure "Full Keyboard Access" is not checked and "Accessibility Keyboard" is not enabled. If either of those are on, see if turning them off resolves your issue.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@nothingclever Nothing in the dot releases for 7.0 have mentioned bill pay issues. More typically, these are issues with the back end server services rather than something in the Quicken Mac application. Have you called Quicken Support anytime recently to walk through the problems you're seeing? A support rep seeing what you're seeing can sometimes lead to a resolution, or at least confirming whether these are known issues awaiting resolution by the connectivity (Intuit) team.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • PaulH209
    PaulH209 Member
    Options

thanks a bunch… you nailed it. I did have Full keyboard access turned on, and when I turned it off, the problem went away.

Also, when this problem first appeared, I did call and talk to Quicken support person and he's the one who took down notes on my issue to pass them on to the programmers and suggested I post my problem on this community.quicken site. I will update my posting to indicate that your suggestion solved the problem.

I'm glad to know this was an error on my end rather than Quicken's quality control system letting an error of this nature slip through an update process.

Again, thanks very much!!

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7934148/cant-connect-to-comed-biller

The issue has been raised previously, albeit that was in Quicken Windows. The bills itself connect fine, but everyday or so I have to reauthorize my accounts and put in a new 2FA. This typically doesn't happen with E-bills linked to bank accounts. I opened a ticket a few weeks back but no resolution so far.
  • iTechRetrievers
    iTechRetrievers Member ✭✭
    Options

I just updated to the latest version (Version 7.0.3 (Build 700.48782.100)) and I noticed that under my accounts that I no longer see Credit Remaining or under Investments the Today's Balance. I got used to seeing these, especially under the investments because it was nice to see how my investments were doing daily across all accounts. Is this a bug?

• iTechRetrievers
    iTechRetrievers Member ✭✭
    Options

Excuse my error, I realized my window was wider than my screen therefore I could not see it. 🤦‍♂️Once I resized, it displayed.

• QuickT
    QuickT Member ✭✭
    Options
    @pjtallman Have you tried to land your mouse cursor near the cross line under the graph part and pushed it up (squeeze the chart) because I am sure your portfolio accounts list are there, you just can't see them because the chart has set itself to default size on an update.