Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Comments

• Just Me and Not Someone Else
    Just Me and Not Someone Else Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

In addition to the issues recently reported related to "Auto Enter Transaction" functionality disappearing after last weeks upgrade, I just noticed that saved paycheck reminders have also changed. Previously I've always used the Paycheck Wizzard saved in Income/Bill Reminders to automatically record paychecks, but after the recent upgrade now the reminders have been converted to just split transactions. I guess I am lucky that Quicken kept all the detailed lines.

• Just Me and Not Someone Else
    Just Me and Not Someone Else Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Debt free life and use a Debit card; then you will never have a credit card payment to miss.

• This is a know issue that started after the update last week. Quicken Kristina keeps telling people to contact Quicken support even though she announced in a posting on the 8th that this is a know issue.

There are several posts in the community related to the issue. Quicken will typically merge the posts into a single post to help users, but that hasn't occured yet.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @stevedell,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. There is a Community Alert for Auto Enter vanishing from bill reminders, but it shouldn't be affecting the reminder's function. If the issue you are encountering is preventing the reminder from automatically entering into the register, then I would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I, once again, changed all of the due within 30 day payments (remember only the payments due within 30 days had changed themselves from "auto enter" to "remind me") back to "auto enter" and then closed & re-opened Quicken numerous times and they all remained as "auto enter".

I opened Quicken this morning and they had all changed back to "remind me" but again it was only the due in 30 days payments while everything due beyond 30 days remained "auto enter".

This is crazy…since everything was just fine prior to that supposed 5/08/2023 update.

Paul

• Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    > @Just Me and Not Someone Else said:
    > This is a know issue that started after the update last week. Quicken Kristina keeps telling people to contact Quicken support even though she announced in a posting on the 8th that this is a know issue.
    >
    The benefit of all of us contacting Quicken Support is that the issue is then logged and thua is then seen as being more widespread and impacting more users, and therefore is pushed up in priority for a fix.
  • RMDay
    RMDay Member

Same issue for me. It started with R49.xx release. It happens when I would cloud sync which I have now had to stop using.

• Michael K
    Michael K Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. All of my bill and income reminders set for automatic changed to reminder. I changed one back to automatic entry, closed Quicken without syncing to the cloud, opened Quicken, performed one step update and found the entry I changed to automatic switched back to reminder.

Now I'm getting curious. I changed one of the bill and income reminders set for reminder back to automatic entry, closed Quicken without syncing to the cloud, opened Quicken, ignored one step update and found the entry I changed to automatic stayed at automatic. Performing a one step update switched the entry from automatic back to reminder.

The problem seems to be tied to the Quicken cloud, so I reset my cloud data. THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS.

Calling tech support, turning the computer off and on, closing Quicken and then opening it back up does not solve the problem. Either there is a bug in the desktop software, the cloud or both.
  • Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭

@Quicken Kristina

Note that even with "sync to Quicken cloud" unchecked, in One Step Update, the payments due within 30 days still change themselves from "auto enter" to "remind me".

Paul

• TexLa07
    TexLa07 Member

Quicken Premier version R49.29 build 27.1.49.29 Windows 11 Home - Bill and Income reminder status changing from "Auto" to "Upcoming" after One-Step Update. I changed them back to auto, ran One-step update again and again they switch to "Upcoming". In this status, of course, they do not automatically enter on the date due. Instead, they queue up in the "Bill and Income Reminders (x due)" tab for the appropriate account. Not all reminders are being changed. Some stay in the "Auto" status. I can't correlate anything specific about one that change status versus those that do not.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

@TexLa07

I find that the only ones that revert from "auto enter" back to reminders are the payments & income that are within 30 days…the rest remain unchanged.

Paul

• Michael Hauser
    Michael Hauser Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue for me and I came here to put in my two sense to report it.
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    > @Michael K said:
    >
    > Now I'm getting curious. I changed one of the bill and income reminders set for reminder back to automatic entry, closed Quicken without syncing to the cloud, opened Quicken, ignored one step update and found the entry I changed to automatic stayed at automatic. Performing a one step update switched the entry from automatic back to reminder.
    >
    > The problem seems to be tied to the Quicken cloud, so I reset my cloud data. THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS.
    >

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree..... The problem seems related to One Step Update. Hopefully a fix is released soon.
  • Same issue here. "Auto enter" changes to "remind me." Additionally, several instances of a recurring reminder simply disappeared with the "start date" changed to date over a month in the future.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭

If you click on "View Post" (above), there's a line in the first paragraph that reads "This does not affect the functionality of auto entry of the transaction". Has anyone NOT entered a reminder before the due date and seen that this is true?

I'm going to change the next ("auto enter" that was changed to "reminder") payment's date to tomorrow's date (17th) and am intentionally not going to enter it myself but instead wait until the day after to see if what they say is true.

I'll post my results on the 18th.

Paul

• TexLa07
    TexLa07 Member

Paul, I changed a status "Upcoming" bill reminder dated 1/11/2024 to "Auto", ran One-Step Update and it changed back to "Upcoming". So, your premise of the problem effecting only bills and income reminders within 30 days is not applicable to my situation.

• PapAskew
    PapAskew Member
    edited June 2023

A majority of my Bill and Income Reminders have the Optional Settings selected for "Automatically enter the transaction in the register". After I run an update and shut down Quicken, then open Quicken back up, this setting is changed to 'remind me 7 days in advance" for all of my Bill Reminders. I ahve Chatted and Called Support, but they don't see any problem. I have run Validate and Super Validate and there are no errors. I have Mobile Sync turned Off. This started right after the last automatic software update to Version R49.29 Build 27.1.49.29. Any suggestions how to fix? This is a critical issue when you want your bills to be paid on time.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2023

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6823)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine

Report sent

Thanks,
    Paul

• Michael Hauser
    Michael Hauser Member ✭✭✭
    Report sent as suggested. Thank you.
  • sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    Report sent....thanks.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

"Update" is ambiguous.

Does this happen after you update to a new version of Quicken, or after a One Step Update?

QWin Premier subscription
  • PapAskew
    PapAskew Member

This started after the last software update. When I synchronize and then shut down, then restart, this is when I would find them changed. This has been going on all week, but today they didn’t change for the first time.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine

In the above link you state that…

"Customers have reported that when adding a manual bill reminder with auto entry on that is then synced to mobile/web, the "Auto-Enter" is no longer displayed on the reminder. This does not affect the functionality of auto entry of the transaction"

This may be true if only the "Auto Enter" is no longer displayed and the transaction remains flagged as "Auto Enter" but in the case that this thread describes, when "Auto Enter" transactions have been changed (by Quicken) to "Remind Me" then you have to manually enter the transaction or it shows as past due.

I'm not sure if these issues (which all began after the 05/15/2023 update) are related or not but someone might want to look into that.

Paul

• putterfish
    putterfish Member

This happened to me again!!! Originally I had scheduled transaction to "Automatically enter", about 1 week ago Quicken took it upon itself, and changed all of them to "Remind me!" I then changed all of them back to "Automatically enter!!!"

Well, Quicken did it again and all of my Scheduled Transactions have been changed to "Remind Me." This is maddening!

I have had other problems with Quicken freezing when I'm Updating Accounts. No solution yet!

I've been using Quicken for over 25 years. I have been very disappointed with the subscription service! Especially the past 6 months or so. Has the programing been outsourced to a different group of people?

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I have recently noticed that all my Bill Reminders and Income Reminders in the optional settings of a Bill or Income, to which I have selected some of them to be set to automatically entry and just remind. Recently after I complete an update of all my accounts in Quicken all the reminders has changed back to reminders only. I have attempted reset each income and bill reminders to automatically enter and again they reset back to reminders after an update. Why? I like the option to allow Quicken to either options or both for my bills and income reminders.

• onetruebleck
    onetruebleck Member ✭✭

Having the same issue with the update and experiencing exactly what Michael K described. Hoping this will be fixed soon.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @mdeehl,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

According to the alert, this should not be impacting the function, just causing the words "auto enter" to disappear. If this is affecting the function of your reminders (eg its not automatically going into your register when it should), then I would recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you!

(Ticket # 10230169, CTP-6712)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PapAskew
    PapAskew Member

Since I didn't hear back from you Jim, I reworded my response. This started after the last software update to a new version of Quicken. When I synchronize with the One Step Update and then shut down, then restart, this is when I would find them changed. This has been going on all week, but today they didn’t change for the first time.

This discussion has been closed.