Issue with Nicor Gas online billing

tommymac501
tommymac501 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta

I am trying to add Nicor Gas, and I keep getting an error saying the biller is reporting the account as closed or inactive. I can log onto the website with the same credentials with no issue, however every time I try and add it via Quicken I get the same message?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

We do now have an active alert regarding receiving an "Account Closed" error when attempting to add or update the Nicor Gas biller. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date with any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @tommymac501,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• tommymac501

I can log into Nicor's main page and see my account (Currently $0 due, I just paid it a week ago), but I get this when I try and add the biller to Quicken:

I had added it sucessfully before, but it wasn't updating (Yellow triangle) so I deleted it and tried re-adding it, and I started getting this.

Thanks

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please be aware …

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @tommymac501,

Thank you for providing more information.

Have you attempted to reach out to Nicor Gas for further assistance? It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications. You may also need to navigate to their website and re-enable third-party access.

I hope this helps.

-Quicken Jasmine

• JALunceford
    JALunceford Member ✭✭

I'm still having this issue. Is there a fix?

• JTEBass
    JTEBass Member ✭✭
    I am also having the same error message. Is there a fix from Quicken?
  • boilerup
    boilerup Member

I'm also getting this now and it worked last week. My account is fine and not closed per quicken's message.

• Jeffrey1.beck
    Jeffrey1.beck Member

I am able to log in to my Nicor account and make payments manually and Quicken Deluxe is not. Quicken Deluxe needs to provide an answer to resolve this problem like the first person asked. This is your problem so no passing the buck!

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-6728)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JALunceford
    JALunceford Member ✭✭
    We wouldn't be continuing to comment about the fact that we are still experiencing the issue had the instructions above worked. To be clear, no they did not work and the issue persists. If this were an isolated issue, I understand the request for log files to be sent, however this is clearly not an isolated issue and something wrong is on the Quicken-side.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭

Please add me to the list of Quicken customers having this same issue with Nicor Gas.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

We do now have an active alert regarding receiving an "Account Closed" error when attempting to add or update the Nicor Gas biller. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date with any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Jeffrey1.beck
    Jeffrey1.beck Member

I'm on a 30 day trial and you're running me out of days. Then there's the time I spent entering my accounts and troubleshooting this on my own. Your link has no eta for the fix so are you extending the trial period?

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin

Hi There, Can you all try connecting again and letting me know if you are seeing this issue? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭

Issue is ongoing. I tried logging in and Quicken logs in but says account closed (which it is not) and that I have no accounts associated with my login (which is also not accurate). I logged into my Nicor account directly and it is still there and active.

• Jeffrey1.beck
    Jeffrey1.beck Member

The issue is still active; quicken shows "Your Nicor Gas account doesn't appear to have any billing accounts associated with it. You may need to update your account on the Nicor Gas website." Log in from a browser still shows account active, amount owed, and date due for this month's payment.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin

Thank you! I have reported this back to the team to continue to look into further. Thank you for your patience.

Quicken Janean

• tommymac501

I recieved the notice that the issue was resolved this morning, also installed the update. Still not working, same response "This account seems to be closed"

• Jeffrey1.beck
    Jeffrey1.beck Member

The month-long saga of Quicken's inability to resolve the software issue affecting Nicor gas accounts is a testament to their disregard for their customers. As frustrated users, it is crucial that we demand better. Quicken must take immediate action, dedicate necessary resources, and provide regular and transparent updates on their progress. Our financial well-being is too important to be held hostage by faulty software and empty promises. Quicken, it's time to fix this issue and restore our faith in your commitment to customer satisfaction.

• tommymac501

@Quicken, If it helps in troubleshooting, I am having the same issue with Simplifi.

• johngeiser
    johngeiser Member ✭✭

I'm also having issues with my Nicor gas bill. It says "Attention Required: Your Nicor Gas account doesn't appear to have any account associated with it. You may need to update your account on the Nicor website." There is a button that says "Fix it". When I click it, another window pops up stating "Unable to update billers. Quicken could not update the list of billers. Please try again later." This has been happening for over a month now. I tried just deleting the online bill, but it won't even let me do that. When I try deleting the Nicor Gass bill, a window pops up saying "Are you sure you want to remove Nicor Gas account(s) in Quicken?" If I then click on the "Remove" button, another window pops up stating "Quicken is unable to remove this bill for Nicor Gas. You cannot remove a biller with pending payments. If you have a pending payment for this biller please wait until the payment has been processed or cancel the payment before removing this biller." I have no pending payments. This bill is now stuck and won't update and I can't remove it.

• This morning my Nicor bill changed in Quicken downloading the latest bill and displays "Awaiting next bill" Anybody else notice a change?

• tommymac501

Thanks, for the heads up @jeffer1.beck. I updated mine and it still showed no account. I clicked fix it, and it reconnected and sync'ed up. Works for me.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭

mine linked up too this AM. I typically get bill in first few days of the month so should know in a few days if its really working.

• email from Quicken this morning…

"We have received confirmation that the issue with the biller Nicor Gas is being investigated. We will contact you as soon as further details are available. Please monitor and pay this bill directly to avoid any late fees. We thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

If you need additional assistance, please contact our Support Team at: (quicken support—link won't insert in Comment for Security reasons)

Thank you,

Quicken Support"

so they're working on it.

This discussion has been closed.