Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

scottkin This is not the perfect solution, but it may work for you. After you open an account register click on the Gear Icon in the upper Right Corner. Under "Register Views and Preferences" select the "Reminders to show in register" option. Quicken will give you options to select of 7, 14, 30, 90 (days), 12 months, or "Don't Show Reminders". It is my opinion that when this option was added (not sure when that happened), if the last option of Don't Show Reminders is selected it prevents the Auto Reminders from appearing in the register. If you do select one of the options future auto reminders appear in the register.

For myself I am not really happy with that method for two reasons. First, you have to have every account set up in that manner and I have several where I have Auto transactions set up. Secondly, I don't like to see the future transactions cluttering up my account registry. I prefer the auto transaction appearing on the date I set (as it worked before). I will continue to report this as a problem and sent it to Quicken each time I encounter an auto transaction not appearing in the register. I use the report a problem to Quicken option in the Help menu.

• scottconroy
    scottconroy Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. Quicken is changing most of my bill reminders from Auto Enter to Reminders. I've changed them back to auto enter but when I close and reopen Quicken they have changed back to Reminders. This issue began after the latest update (Version R49.33, Build 27.1.49.33). Quicken, please fix this bug!!!

• srg727
    srg727 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Used to have repeating online payments, but they all disappeared. Good luck trying to pay a repeating monthly bill
  • JPJigglesworth
    JPJigglesworth Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been having this issue too. Nothing has fixed it. Probably another of the many Quicken bugs.
  • BakerL
    BakerL Member ✭✭
    Options
    I used to have my scheduled bills and income reminders set to Auto enter the transaction into the register.
    It's not working anymore, even after I go and set the function up again. It only stopped working in the past month or so.
    I've tried several times to set it up on all the entries and it seems to accept it, but the next time I open the file, it reverts back to the Remind function instead of automatically enter.
  • iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have used Quicken for nearly 20 years. Recently, the bills that I have set to enter automatically in the register don't appear when they should. It seems that the setting to enter automatically somehow reverts back to just a reminder of the bill. When I go back and reset the option to have it automatically entered each month, the setting seems fine. But then it randomly reverts back to just giving a reminder of the bill and not entering automatically. Please advise.
  • Bo Cole
    Bo Cole Member
    Options

I have numerous reminders set to add to the register zero days on the due date. When i sync to the cloud, they all revert back to the previous setting of remind me zero days in advance. I there a setting that will prevent this from happening?

• RangerDale1
    RangerDale1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem. Quicken, please fix this!!!!!!
  • wernerpels
    wernerpels Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same issue!
  • scottkin
    scottkin Member
    Options

ty will look

• Larry.Yang
    Larry.Yang Member
    Options

I am having similar issues with Bill and Income Reminders settings. Every bill reminder that I have set to Automatically enter the transaction in the register will revert to Remind me ## days in advance after syncing to the cloud. Settings will stay without syncing with the cloud after closing and relaunching Quicken. But at any time after syncing with the cloud, the settings will revert.

• Larry.Yang
    Larry.Yang Member
    Options

I am having similar issues with Bill and Income Reminders settings. Every bill reminder that I have set to Automatically enter the transaction in the register will revert to Remind me ## days in advance after One Step update Settings will stay without syncing with the cloud after closing and relaunching Quicken. But at any time after One Step update, the settings will revert.

• Michael K
    Michael K Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue and I'm sick of it. I count on the automatic entries. Please fix this!!!!
  • RiakA
    RiakA Member
    Options

As a 40 year software developer, we always gave a very high priority to issues that worked but that a software change caused a function not to work all of a sudden. I use this function for cash planning and it causes a serious problem for me that this function "broke" all of a sudden. It should be a simple fix, but apparently it's not.

Quicken has always been a reliable friend, but it seems less friendly now.

PLEASE FIX WHAT YOU BROKE!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On your "auto enter" reminders, what is the setting for "auto enter [xx] days before due date"?
    If these are monthly reminders, is [xx] set to a number greater than or equal to 28?
    If that is the case, do set [xx] to 27 or less.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On your "auto enter" reminders, what is the setting for "auto enter [xx] days before due date"?

If these are monthly reminders, is [xx] set to a number greater than or equal to 28?

If so, set [xx] to 27 or less.

• iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    The days are all set to 5 or less. I have been using this feature for years and then the last few months they automatically revert to just a reminder.
    I just noticed that as soon as I do a one step update, all of the "auto" (automatically record in register) bills turn into just reminders.
  • robynnmorrison
    robynnmorrison Member ✭✭
    Options
    As a bookkeeper, I have a number of client files in Quicken, and I noticed that this annoying habit of the software changing Auto Entry to Reminders was only happening in my own file and only since the last update. That was the only file that I synced to Mobile and Web. I deleted the app from my phone and iPad, and turned off the Sync function in Quicken on my laptop. Then I "fixed" a number of the Reminders that had reverted to Reminders as a test. So far, so good. Might help some of you as a work-around until Quicken gets its act together.
  • jboush
    jboush Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This works! But you have to turn off sync from the "Mobile and Web" menu. If all you do is uncheck the box in the one-step update, it will not work.

• Andy M.
    Andy M. Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Same issue……

• Lorenzo
    Lorenzo Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jboush said:
    > This works! But you have to turn off sync from the "Mobile and Web" menu. If all you do is uncheck the box in the one-step update, it will not work.

Thanks for the suggestions. By using this work around, does it mean there will not be syncing of accounts either with Quicken mobile or Quicken on the web?
  • Richard Sturgeon
    Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you i just went through and reset everything to auto in the calendar.

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What happens to the mobile web if I un-sync app? I use both Quicken for windows and I have it on my iPhone mobile web version and what will this work around effect?

• robynnmorrison
    robynnmorrison Member ✭✭
    Options
    It seems to me that unchecking the Sync function will make the Mobile App unusable. For me, the ability to use the Auto Entry function was much more important than being able to use the mobile app. YMMV. It's only a (hopefully) short term work-around. Assuming Quicken realizes what a mess they have created and actually does something to fix it.
  • jboush
    jboush Member ✭✭
    Options

unfortunately, that is correct — for me, it's worth it, since I rarely use mobile

• jboush
    jboush Member ✭✭
    Options

unfortunately, until quicken fixes this, you will have to choose which feature is most important to you

• Mark432
    Mark432 Member ✭✭
    Options

Me, too. There is a community reminder that mentions the problem from May 8.

But, that says it “does not affect the functionality of auto entry of the transaction,” which is patently false. It also states that the issue occurs after “syncing to mobile,” which is also incorrect because it occurs with any One Step Update.

There are a bunch of other threads about this issue, and I've attempted all the “fixes”, but nothing works. Here are a few;

I may have to abandon Quicken for an Open-Source alternative because Quicken's response to issues is abysmal.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use a mixture of automatically Entered and manual Reminders and I have not seen this problem. I do not sync to Mobile.

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile and Web and move the Sync slider to the left, turning off Mobile Sync, does the problem go away? If you don't use Quicken on the Web or the mobile apps, you should leave Mobile sync set to Off.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your help. I tested the temporary solution to fix our problems and in fact it works. However I use both Quicken on Windows and Quicken Mobile App often and I hate that Quicken makes their users have to make a decision like this.
    My desire is for the Quicken’s Technical Support team to fix what they broke with their recent upgrades that caused our income and bill reminders to switch the optional settings from automatic to remind.

• Jim Burns
    Jim Burns Member
    Options

Thank you Richard. Appreciate your help. Have a great weekend.
    Jim Burns

This discussion has been closed.