Richard Sturgeon
Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭

Discover is throwing CC501 code

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Richard Sturgeon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Is this issue happening with Discover Bank or Discover Card? Is this happening when you're trying to add new accounts, relink existing accounts, or update existing accounts?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard Sturgeon
    Options

I would say about a month. and right now the account has become unlink and can not relink.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When you try to reconnect the account, are you getting an error message that looks like the sample image below?

If that is the error you're getting, then it is a known issue that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

If you're getting a different error message, could you please post a screenshot of it (with any personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Richard Sturgeon
    Options

here is a copy of the image

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To try to get past that CC-501 error, please try following these steps:

First, Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Next, Super Validate the file

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Then, try re-adding the account again. You will likely see a CC-503 error.

After that, navigate to Discover's website and log in. While you are logged into the website, go back into your Quicken and try to reactivate the account again.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Richard Sturgeon
    Options

I did the supervidate same problem same error message.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Richard Sturgeon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review this support article regarding error CC-501.

As stated in the article, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files, and will likely need to file an escalation if they see fit.

However, keep in mind that we do currently have an open Alert on Discover which Kristina linked earlier in the thread, and this issue that you are experiencing could likely be related to it.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

• armstrd
    armstrd Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Just TODAY 7.26 my Discover CARD unlinked on its own! I noticed this during a normal One Step Update (I run it nearly every day). The access to the CARD account had been working fine for online access during the time of the known Discover BANK issues. Now I have 3 Discover accounts disconnected from online services: 1 CARD & 2 BANK.

Come on Quicken Support…Please fix this problem! it's been ongoing since early June!

(The problem is exactly as Richard describes above)

• Richard Sturgeon
    Options

It has been over a month since if filed this problem and it still will not work it sure would be nice nice to use all the functions that is at my disposal.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@armstrd and @Richard Sturgeon - I have gotten into a weird state with Discover after a CC-error and then trying to Reset Account in Account Details. I'm curious if you have gotten into a similar error condition.

In Account List and Account Details, the accounts then show as Not Connected and when you try to connect you get the Oops window shown above. If you go to Tools>Online Center, you will see the accounts listed under Discover. Normally, an FI (Discover in this case) and the corresponding accounts will not show up in Online Center when all of the accounts for the FI are not connected. Only connected accounts should display in Online Center.

Does Discover and its corresponding accounts show up in Online Center while showing Not Connected in Account List? If so, I suspect you are in this corrupted FI connection info condition. It's not easy to resolve, but if you see Discover in Online Center and it shows Not Connected in Account List, I'll try to describe what has worked for me.

• Richard Sturgeon
    Options

That has been gone through with the super validate and it still does not work and it appears to not only be me that is having a problem with it.

• James Mihalacki
    Options

You are correct Richard. I'm having the same trouble trying to connect to Discover Bank. However, my Discover Card updates seem to be working. Go figure

• Richard Sturgeon
    Options

I have read the documents and attemped to chat only to have the chat giving me tips on how to get discover to work.

• armstrd
    armstrd Member ✭✭
    Options

UPDATE: I did everything specified by this moderator today Quicken Anja Moderator mod10:20AMUPDATE 8/23/23

Failure! My 2 Discover BANK accounts show the 🚫 symbol after logging out & in of Quicken as instructed by the moderator. After attempting the re-add process from the 'FIX-It' button, Quicken only gives me the "DON'T ADD TO QUICKEN" as the only option. Now what??!!

• armstrd
    armstrd Member ✭✭
    Options

FIXED IT!!! I had to perform a RESET ACCOUNT function to finally clear the 🚫symbol and allow online connection for the Discover accounts. This has been a HUGE pain!

• James Mihalacki
    Options

Someone finally addressed this issue. I set up my Discover Bank accounts to update with no problems. Thanks to whoever solved this.

• Richard Sturgeon
    edited August 2023
    Options

In my case same o same o but what i did do was set up a new file for Discover logged onto the account found my discover accouts and downloaded them into the appropriate account.

• Claudine H.
    Claudine H. Member ✭✭
    Options

This morning I attempted again to download to Discover Bank & Credit Card and I was able to successfully like in the old days. There was nothing special I had to do, it was just SUCCESSFUL! Quicken had me log in to Discover as normal, Quicken & Discover connected all my accounts but 2 of them, the ones I was having problems with, needed to be connected to an existing account. I did that, then Quicken showed me on the next screen connected & how many transactions it will or did download. My Discover Online Savings account had a huge amount of transactions so I got out of everything. Bottom line, 2 of my problem Discover accounts are fixed for me. It's a happy day! 😀

Quicken Deluxe 2019

Windows 10

• Richard Sturgeon
    Options

It apprears that Discover is backup and running.

This discussion has been closed.