Discover Bank

Options

Answers

• georgerose
    georgerose Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Janean, Of course we are still experiencing this because your "team" has not fixed the problem.

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Janean  @Quicken Jasmine @Quicken Alyssa

Absolute EVERYONE who is running the latest version of Quicken for Windows who wants to added Discover Bank Checking or Savings Account is experiencing this Problem!

There is no need for log files. Try it yourself. There is no need for any account at Discover to demonstrate the problem!

Here are the steps by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem with using a fresh install of Quicken for Windows R51.12

File | New Quicken File

Call it TestDiscover.QDF or whatever you wish and SAVE

Sync to Mobile and Web OFF and NEXT

Click on Add Account

Select Financial Institution "Discover Bank" (See picture below)

Now Click on NEXT (See Yellow in Picture Above)

The Window below will come up:

Now Click on Sign In (Highlighted in Yellow in Picture Above.)

You will get the following picture:

You and your colleagues should easily be able to reproduce this problem. It has been reported many times in this Thread.

I hope Step by Step procedure with picture above will allow you to reproduce the problem which has been going on for over 2 months.

• Gerry Blue
    Gerry Blue Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Support had me send in the logs by using the "Report a Problem" option on the "Help" menu.

• Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Quicken Janean Tried to flag your post as offensive (sadly I cannot flag a moderator's post) — because it is absolutely offensive that you spend months acknowledging the problem, promising to escalate it, doing NOTHING, then asking if anyone is still experiencing the issue. YES, we are, because support has not supported us.

The ONLY support offered here has been from other users sharing how to downgrade to the version from before QUICKEN broke itself.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

I am sorry for the trouble caused. I do need new logs as this has been requested by the product development team. I know it is a hassle but I do want to help get this issue resolved as I can see this has been ongoing for sometime. Thank you.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

New logs sent. I am one of the folks who did the drop back to old version to be able to repair my Discover Bank connectivity issues. And days or week later, Quicken at startup unilaterally decided to upgrade me to the new version. My existing accounts still work correctly with 1-step update. Yea! But if there's any hiccups that throw my Discover accounts connectivity into error state, I will again have to drop back to the old version to repair. At some point in the future (or even now and I don't realize it) the jumping to old version and back to new could cause other problems. So it really would be nice if a Quicken programmer tried the simple steps that can be found in 100s of blog postings to see the error for themselves and FIX IT.

• Bruce Kantor
    Bruce Kantor Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Janean,

So, I have to upgrade, generate some logs, and then downgrade again while I wait for a fix!

• Moguard
    Moguard Member
    Options

“Thank you for your being a valued Discover customer. I understand your concern regarding being able to import your transactions using the Quicken or QuickBooks software.

Unfortunately, Quicken and QuickBooks software is no longer supported. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

You are able to access your transactions anytime through your online account center by clicking on your Activity under your account details. You are also able to download the transaction history in an Excel or CSV file.”

-Discover Bank response

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had exactly the same response from Discover and posted it here. Why is Quicken not being transparent - either tell us to fold our tents, or tell us the status. Obviously there is something that still works based on the folks who have rolled back their Quicken version.

• Gerry Blue
    Gerry Blue Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

[Removed - Speculation]. I do see that they still provide a download option on their website for CSV and Excel formats but, on the back end, they also still support QFX files via Express Web Connect (no +). I have 2 files that have Discover Bank accounts and one of them still functions fine via EWC. Correct me if I'm wrong but the people who have downgraded are likely functioning the same way. Maybe Discover Bank hasn't yet turned off EWC support? Maybe all that has to happen is for Quicken to get rid of everything in the code that has to do with Discover Bank and EWC+? Maybe there's a config file somewhere on our local drives that needs to edited (or deleted) for us to go back to EWC? It sure would be nice to know something.

• Larry Epperson
    Larry Epperson Member ✭✭
    Options

I too have not been able to connect to Discover accounts for some time.

I tried multiple times to connect using the On-Line Services tab for both credit card and bank and got a CC-501 error.

I tried multiple times to connect to Discover Bank and get the notice about a new way to sign-in using the bank-hosted sign in form. Each time I try it, it fails.

I've been a Quicken user since Windows 3.1 (early 1990s). I've had a Discover account since 2007.

The "Best Answer" above from Quicken Anja, the moderator, is dated July 21 and says "known issue that has been escalated internally".

I completely agree with most of the comments above about how frustrating and unacceptable this is. I see Quicken Updates all the time for features I will never use. You are obviously putting a lot of resources into more bells and whistles for Quicken. What I want - AND WHAT I EXPECT - is reliable financial software for my fairly simple needs. Espiecially now that you have changed your subscription model and I have to pay you every year.

It is past time for you to earn that annual payment.

If you cannot, then it is time for you to tell us and to give us a rebate for the time that you have not been able to provide this very basic service.

• EJB
    EJB Member ✭✭
    Options

Just adding to to this thread, I couldn't easily locate version 27.1.49.29, but I did locate QW27.1.48.9MPatch to rollback to (thanks @Chris_QPW!) and this allowed me to reconnect both my Discover bank accounts (I did do a fresh install before rolling back). Why Quicken hasn't posted this as a workaround for us frustrated users is beyond me. Thanks to everyone in this thread that mentioned the rollback option. FYI, I'm on the H&B subscription if that is helpful for anyone.

• q_user_1234
    Options

I also cannot sign on to Discover Bank to download transactions. I had been able to do this for years. Someone at Quicken needs to fix this.

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Welcome to the club. This has been going on, and ignored by Quicken, for several months now.

• Ron
    Ron Member ✭✭
    Options

Any updates. Cannot Sign In. Get Error

• ctslaton
    ctslaton Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue, just following for a resolution.

• Quicken Janean
    Options

Hi All, I have been informed that it has been determined what the root cause of this issue is and we are working towards a resolution. Once we have more details, we will share them. Thank you for your continued patience and for the data files that were shared.

Quicken Janean

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

2 months after it started, good news at last!! We can all breathe a sigh of relief! 🙄 After ignoring and obfuscating this for months, it might be better just to only post when its fixed….

• BILL LINDHOUT
    Options

i am following to see if there will be a fix

• Quicken Janean
    Options

Hi All, Can you please try connecting and letting me know what you see? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

worked.

• Matt Herndon
    Matt Herndon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Worked for me as well! I'd love to know why it took 3 months to get someone to fix it, but I suppose I'll try and just be happy that it's finally working again. Thanks.

• Larry Epperson
    Larry Epperson Member ✭✭
    Options

"Oops. We're having a problem." CC-501

• Gerry Blue
    Gerry Blue Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It worked for me, BUT, it also modified my opening balance entry from $0.00 to a number that makes no sense. When I changed the opening balance back to $0.00, my account was in balance.

• Larry Epperson
    Larry Epperson Member ✭✭
    Options

On my first attempt posted a couple of minutes ago, I tried to connect to my Discover Card account (to which I had previously been connected since 2007). It failed.

On my second attempt, I tried through my new Discover Bank account (to which I have never been able to connect to). Quicken offered a window to choose Discover icon. Using this process, I WAS able to connect to both accounts. (The log on info for both Bank and Credit Card is the same.)

So two things.

Thank you for solving this. I sincerely hope this problem does not recur.

Please explain to us what the problem was. Was it your fault for not making this a high enough priority? Or was it Discover's fault for some reason. I really want to know because I am considering closing my Discover accounts because of all of this.

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine did the same. I just went to reconcile the account and found my opening balance from 2012 had been changed! No excuse for that.

This discussion has been closed.