Bill Reminders Disappear Completely (no, not completely, they skipped a month)

Options

For some reason, both of my bill reminders due for payment on July 1 completely disappeared from the Bills & Income calendar section. Neither were entered into the register nor skipped and the rest of the July entries remain. Both are showing for August 1, but July 1 seems to have been skipped without any action on my part.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Clark Mc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Please go to Tools>Manage Bill & Income Reminders, then go to the All Bills & Deposits tab. Are you able to see the missing reminders there? Are they showing in "Skipped" status? Would you please attach a screenshot of the affected reminders with any personal information obscured or blurred? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NJWVUGrad
    NJWVUGrad Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Same thing happened to me, 2 reminders routinely scheduled for the first of the month - dissapeared for July but pick back up again in August. The remainder of the reminders for July are still there. I did not skip them

I feel like this happens whenever I have One Step Update turned on. I have had it off for the past year, due to a similar issue - but just turned it back on.

• BTBIII
    BTBIII Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. The reminders are not marked as skipped. However, they no longer show up in the "Bill and Income Reminders" tab and when looking at the "Bill and Income Reminders" window, the entry has the next date on it. So in essence the reminder was skipped. This only happens for reminders that are just reminders. Those that are set to "automatically enter" work fine.

This problem has existed for at least two months and is VERY SERIOUS. It greatly reduces the functionality of Quicken on which I have come to depend. Not being reliable causes a lot of extra work since I must recheck everything to make sure nothing is missed.

• Will.Ezell
    Will.Ezell Member ✭✭
    Options

I have Quicken Deluxe version R51.10 and have the same issue. Every month, I don't have a bill reminder for some bill. Doesn't show due on the calendar. And it still has the recurring bill, if I look at it in the Bill and Income Reminders, just due for the next month. It seems random as to which bill will be not reminding me, but seems to happen every month.

• BTBIII
    BTBIII Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the exact same problem with reminders not showing up in the "Bill and Income Reminders" tab and just skipping (they are NOT marked as skipped) to the next month when I check the "Bill and Income Reminders" window. Likewise, those that are auto enter work fine. This is a longstanding problem which does not seem to be being addressed. My version is also R51.10.

• joelincoln
    joelincoln Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. I have all my reminders set to 0 days ahead reminders. If I forget to enter the reminder when it shows due, it automatically skips to the next month. Doesn't show as skipped. This happens will ALL of my reminders.

• Bob@34
    Bob@34 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Windows Version R51.12 Build 27.1.51.12

I've been experiencing the same problem for some time. Just this morning I had a downloaded entry show up needing a match. It was an expected charge so I took a look at "Bill and Income Reminders." I sorted the "All Bills & Deposits" tab by "Pay To / Receive From" and found it with a September rather than August due date. Oddly, after the sort, I was no longer able to sort the tab by "Date." I had found a workaround here in the Community which suggested doing the sort in the "Monthly Bills & Deposits" tab. It works but one shouldn't have to go the trouble of doing this. There seems to be a number of issues with "Bill and Income Reminders" which sadly is a critical part of the program and should be addressed immediately.

• BTBIII
    BTBIII Member ✭✭
    Options

I completely agree and this problem should be immediately addressed. I experimented by setting several reminders to 1 days ahead to see if it made a difference. But those, like the ones set to 0 days ahead, jumped/skipped to the next month without appearing in the Bill and Income Reminders tab. What does it take to get some attention to this problem?

• WestbournePerkins
    Options

Quicken Starter for Windows version R51.12 build 27.1.51.12

I've learned that the two disappearing reminders (that I've noticed) do so after I sync with the Quicken cloud.

• BakerL
    BakerL Member ✭✭
    Options

I turned off Sync to Quicken Cloud and it still happens. This is soooo problematic!!!

• joelincoln
    joelincoln Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Quicken support! Are you ever going to respond to this? It's been 2 1/2 months and is obviously an issue for a lot of people.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Support or the Quicken programmers typically do not read the discussions in this community on a regular basis. Only the Quicken Moderators do.

If you have an on-going issue like these, where monthly reminders skip a months, you need to bring this issue to the attention of Quicken Support. to get the ball rolling.

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Michael_CAN
    Michael_CAN Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also experiencing the same issue, I have spent over 4 hours with Quicken support, both online and on the phone and they keep on dancing around the issue. I have tried everything they have mentioned, even creating a test file and the issue still is there. The reminders drop off before the date, and skip till the next period, usually in the following month. They have told me it seems that its an isolated issue, however I have been reading on the discussion channels that many users are experiencing this issue. Has anyone found out how to fix this ? Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.