Fidelity NetBenefits not downloading transactions (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• mmeehan
    mmeehan Member
    Options

Same issue for me. I have weekly 401k Fidelity NetBenefits contributions, and Quicken hasn't downloaded new entries since early July.

• g2morrow
    g2morrow Member ✭✭
    Options

what the heck quicken - is there anybody even looking into this???

• dhendrix4
    dhendrix4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue for me. Quicken, any progress on resolving this?

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If anyone at Quicken cares to help resolve this going on 3 month problem, My Fidelity Net Benefits account consists of 2 accounts, a brokerage account (BrokerageLink) and a regular 401K account. The BrokerageLink account has normal holdings, ticker symbols and is working fine with the updates. My problem is the 401K that has non standard holdings without a ticker symbol called "US LARGE CAP STOCK TD9O" This will not update any transaction no matter what I do. There are weekly deposits and purchases in this account. Fix it please.

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I think we figured out what the issue was two months ago when I posted that QIF workaround to get the transactions into my account. I think it's silly that I have to do it but admit that it works so it's a bandaid solution.

I don't understand why this can't be resolved in all this time. I'm growing increasingly frustrated and like others am exploring alternatives to Quicken also.

• gsmedleyjr
    gsmedleyjr Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having the same issue since early July, as of today, it somewhat works I have some of the accounts with data but some still are not showing up. I was hoping the new release fixed this issue but I it has not. So frustrating. I have been a user for decades I am now starting to look for alternatives.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

gsmedleyjr

I just downloaded the update. I kind of wondered (but didn't expect) if it would fix the issue, thanks for letting us know. I guess I'm more irritated now with the Presidents email about Quicken Classic and all the improvements and this is a 3 month issue that no one even wants to respond to. I'd be interested in knowing what programs others are looking at, I think my renewal is coming up.

• jeffrjohns
    Options

I have also had this problem since early July and am increasingly frustrated with Quicken as various download problems with different institutions have cropped up in the past year. Additionally, another brokerage account now has this message posted on their homepage:

"Fidelity will not be a supported linked institution as of October 1. All linked Fidelity portfolios will be converted to a manual portfolio on October 1, as Fidelity is disallowing all third-party services access to its data. You will be able to continue tracking the performance of this portfolio by adding future transactions manually. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Does this mean all Fidelity transactions in Quicken will have to be manually downloaded going forward?

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What brokerage is that coming from? I assume that's from another brokerage that connects back to Fidelity so you can view all your data in one place similar to Quicken?

• jeffrjohns
    Options

You are absolutely right. In reviewing that notice, it would only be accounts linked to Fidelity. But does this mean Quicken would be included in this third-party access ban?

• MarkinGA
    MarkinGA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

When our Quicken software renewals come due will we be receiving a credit of time on our software based on how long this hasn't been working? When my [Removed - Language] internet company drops service for hours or days at a time we call, complain and receive a credit on our bill for the time our internet wasn't available. Seems Quicken should do the same, IMO.

• MarkinGA
    MarkinGA Member ✭✭
    Options

There is something else still wrong. Even using the edit method suggested by Matt my Fidelity balance does not match what Fidelity shows online after updating weekly.

• g2morrow
    g2morrow Member ✭✭
    Options

so is Quicken even working on this? I see lots of people complaining but I don't see a TT or case open with quicken. Are they even aware this is happening???

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe there's something else not being captured like dividends being distributed? How off are you? I just checked mine and the Quicken balance matches the Fidelity balance after months of doing the QIF workaround.

There have been some sporadic responses in this thread and I did open a ticket but there's been very little communication here. It's incredibly frustrating.

• MarkinGA
    MarkinGA Member ✭✭
    Options

There's around a $5300 difference between Quicken and Fidelity online.

• MoonValley
    MoonValley Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Since you new update to "Classic" Elan Financial Services is unable to connect. I went to reactivate and now it still don't work? How soon till a fix?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

read the ALERT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The share count on each asset must be off for you to be off that much. I suspect something else is going on that is causing it to be off. Maybe try downloading a QIF from the time just after when the share imbalance occurred? Or at least go back in your Quicken register and try to find when the split happened.

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I love how this entire thread is marked as "Answered" because of this one post. The issue is definitely not resolved nor answered.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, We are working on Intuit and Fidelity regarding this issue. We have identified that Fidelity has an issue with their data response and there is an issue with the information that Fidelity is sending to Quicken. We suggest that if you have not already, please try contacting Fidelity as this will put a little bit more pressure on them as well. Thank you for your continued patience.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kengm1
    kengm1 Member
    Options

My Quicken subscription expires in 2 weeks. If this ongoing issue with not being able to download Fidelity transactions is not resolved within that time frame, and I don't expect that it will be considering it's been going on since July, I will not be renewing my subscription. I've had to manually input and reconcile all of my Fidelity transactions since July, so not really getting value from Quicken.

• senoj1
    senoj1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I called Fidelity as per Quicken Janean Oct 3 suggestion. As a high net worth customer I have a priority number. Leana from their ECS team checked with her supervisor/lead and their issue tracking system and they said there is nothing wrong on their end. They had me do a test by creating a new .qdf test file and all of the transactions downloaded properly into the test file. They said the solution is outside of their control, i.e., they blamed me or Quicken. It's not me. Seems to me they're both at fault. Fidelity should at least have a way to download their data into a web connect format, not just the .csv format they currently have. Quicken should have a tool to take Fidelity csv file and convert it to .qfx or .qif file that can be imported. This whole problem started when Quicken updated their program and a bug converted all of my Fidelity accounts to Simple Tracking Method on its own.

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Delete. Wrong discussion.

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you recall if you saw anything different in the transactions or the holdings between the new blank QDF and your existing? Did the holdings look any different, etc.? Just curious.

• senoj1
    senoj1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I only verified the missing transactions from my normal .qdf were downloaded into the test file. Fidelity only downloads the last 90 days.

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seems like Fidelity introduced ticker symbols that were not part of the downloads before so many users of Quicken for years don't have them causing the mismatch. We need to be assured that adding ticker to the existing securities from NetBenefits will help resolve this.

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seems like Fidelity introduced ticker symbols that were not part of the downloads before so many users of Quicken for years don't have them causing the mismatch. We need to be assured that adding ticker to the existing securities from NetBenefits will help resolve this.

• g2morrow
    g2morrow Member ✭✭
    Options

this has gone on for a rediculous amount of time - gotta face facts that quicken is dying

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried this and it didn't work. I took the ticker symbol for the QIF and added it to my existing securities and then tried to update (when I knew I had new transactions to download) and it still didn't download anything unfortunately.

I really don't want to set up a new account just to make this work. I've got many years of historical transactions I do not want to lose. I wonder if we can setup a new account and then transfer the holdings?

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for testing. I have a lot if historical records too. Just been entering them manually. All the Quicken downloading features are just gone or practically useless for me.

This discussion has been closed.