Fidelity NetBenefits not downloading transactions (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• LordOfThePings
    Options

FYI… I had the same exact problem. I fixed it by going in and updating the ticker symbol. When I went in and looked at the details, it was missing. After resetting it, resynced and everything popped up.

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My holdings do not have ticker symbols associated with them. I think that is actually the problem based on what I see when I edit the QIF file. It looks like Fidelity is appending what looks like a ticker symbol onto the holdings but since that doesn't exist in Quicken the download doesn't work. I think that's why some people are getting nothing downloads and others are getting duplicates.

• slojo44
    slojo44 Member ✭✭
    Options

My Fidelity NetBenefits has also not been downloading or updating correctly since early July. I just got this latest update installed today, and still not fixed. I went through every step to disconnect the directconnect and reset everything. I have also reached out to Fidelty and they still say it is on Quicken's end. 2 Months without a resolution is making me seriously considering ending my subscription when it comes due. I've been a quicken customer for decades. It had only been downloading one line of transaction for each date and coding it as 'unidentified'. I had been manually changing those, but stopped after several weeks because it also wasn't downloading the other funds transactions. Why isn't this fixed??

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Do your funds have ticker symbols associated with them? And do these Unidentified Security entries have a different ticker? Just trying to do some troubleshooting on Quicken's behalf. :)

• RockandFire
    Options

Quicken - Can you please provide an update to this issue? It is still occurring and has apparently been an issue for 2-3 months.

• BMan54
    BMan54 Member
    Options

Quicken is quickly becoming useless - What is the ETA for this fix? If you say there isn't one, that tells me no one is working on it. There needs to be a date for the project team. Please share the date when the fix is going into production.

• MarkinGA
    MarkinGA Member ✭✭
    Options

I just used the "Report a Problem" within the software for the fourth time since my Fidelity account stopped downloading transactions. I don't think anyone is listening. My Quicken hasn't downloaded transactions since 07/07/2023. I know the Fidelity side is working since I can login to my employer benefits site and view the weekly transaction history of my contributions since 7/7 until yesterday (paid weekly). I have been using this product for going on 20 years and when they switched to the current business model of making us pay yearly for online updating capability which has been consistently intermittent for multiple accounts bank, auto loan and 401k I'm seriously thinking long and hard about renewing in four months and am going to tell anyone who will listen they better think long and hard about jumping in as well. 😡

• DJG123
    DJG123 Member ✭✭
    Options

My Quicken also stopped downloading NetBenefits transactions sometime after July 3rd, 2023. I have biweekly 401k contributions going into my account and I have not seen any downloaded transactions after July 3rd.

I also have a regular Fidelity brokerage account and transactions are downloading properly into that account. The Update Transactions process does not report any error - just that no new transactions downloaded.

Please work to prioritize a fix for this issue. There are many people seeing the issue if you look across the forums.

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just file/Import/QIF file. But see my post you linked on how I edit it before importing so it doesn't create unknown or duplicate securities. Yours will probably look different but I suspect you can figure out what to change to make it work. It is an annoying workaround and I hate having to do it but it at least keeps the account up to date.

I have zero confidence that if I just left it until Quicken fixed it that it would go back to July to get previous transactions.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Matt

For me personally, My Net Benefits account has 2 accounts, a brokerage or BrokerageLink account that has normal ticker symbols, and a 401K account that invests in employer funds that do not have normal ticker symbols, therefore I need to rely on Quicken to update this or just go to Fidelity Net Benefits every day.

I have tried deleting and adding the account several times with no success. On interesting thing I noticed the other day was somehow Quicken did not have the name correct, so I'm waiting for the next transaction to see if it's resolved Quicken had it as (401k)xx1234 when it used to be RSP(401k)xx1234. So real curious if that fixes the issue.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Matt

The import QIF doesn't work for me. For some reason I guess I don't have a Microsoft program on my computer and it wants me to buy a subscription, so I don't know how to get my history downloaded.

• Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Options

DJG123

That's the same for me. Mine stopped either the 7/1 or 7/3. I'd like Quicken Anja to get on this, she's good. I had Quicken Kristina tell me to call Quicken during the day. It's obviously a Quicken issue again.

• KC3
    KC3 Member
    Options

Similar to Matt's workaround is modifying the security name after importing (instead of before). Thanks Matt for discovering this naming issue.

What I did was importing a .QIF file from Fidelity for a certain date range into Quicken. Then I edited the security name for each new transaction by first clearing out the name, leaving only the assigned ticker symbol that appeared within the parenthesis, for instance (T***). Next a list of securities automatically appeared, and I would then choose the one with the same ticker like T***, then push Enter/Done.

After all the editing, I think the process did merge the imported transactions with previous ones. Performing a Reconcile Shares showed Quicken and brokerage were in agreement, fortunately. Hope this process works for others in the meantime.

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You can edit the QIF file in any text file editor. You can use plain old Notepad on a Windows computer which is included in every version of Windows. @KC3 has a workaround also that is pretty similar that also might work and doesn't require editing the QIF file since you fix it after you import.

• MarkinGA
    MarkinGA Member ✭✭
    Options

I too used Matt's suggestion in Notepad. One suggestion I wanted to offer to help speed along the process is when editing use the "REPLACE" option from the edit menu in Notepad. In the Find field put your (xxxx) security name only, no embedded spaces and leave the replace field blank. Select Replace All and anywhere that symbol is in the file will be replaced with a nul or nothing. Beats having to wade through the list manually deleting each one by one.

• rperalta63
    rperalta63 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I noticed that my Fidelity accounts have not updated since 7/31. What exactly am I paying for if Quicken can't connect & download account activity? I've seen others report this issue? Any solutions???

[Merged Post]

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We're other users … and we have no way of knowing the answer to your question.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Doesn't Quicken monitor this forum? There are people with "@quicken" names.

• Hans Sassenfeld
    Options

Having same issue, since 7/1/2023 no updates to a single security under Fidelity Netbenefits 401K account. I suspect as do others that Quicken and Fidelity don't have the same id for the security which in my case is a unique Stable Value Fund. Have tried multiple ways to get it to update listed here. Have not tried downloading .QIF file yet. Thank you for all your comments, nice to know just Quicken is screwed up. Have been using Quicken since they came out, beginning to wonder why I am paying an annual subscription fee, if it takes them this long to fix a simple problem. I haven't forgotten the screw up earlier this year with all my accounts. Once they fix the issue how about giving us 1 year free membership? Seems like after spending hours working this issue they owe us that. I would say class action but we all know only the lawyers get any money.

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm also wondering why I'm continuing to pay for the subscription when these kinds of issues persist so long without much communication from Quicken.

The QIF file workaround is a bit annoying but if you only have a single fund it would take you less than 1-2 minutes to update the QIF file and import it. Just make sure to take a backup first just in case something goes haywire. That's what I've been doing since July which is annoying but luckily it only happens every two weeks. I can still update the account and get the current share prices.

• ppernebo
    Options

I use the Q23 Direct Connect service to link my account successfully to Fidelity Netbenefits. The last successful download was on July 3rd, 2023. I have attempted resetting the download several times as well as deactivating and reactivating. When I reactivate, it correctly logs in to Fidelity and finds the account and I can link it to my Quicken account. However, when I download transactions, nothing comes across.

Please advise.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, I am reaching out for an update. I am so sorry for the trouble caused and the time it has taken to resolve this. Thank you for your continued patience.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dlatter
    dlatter Member
    Options

I called Fidelity concerning 401k transactions not downloading starting early July. A very pleasant woman informed me the company was upgrading security measures for third-party apps. Logon to the Fidelity web site, see Profile, Security Center for lots of words that are not helpful. The Fidelity rep did not have a time-line when this may be resolved. Of course Fidelity may have their changes complete and Quicken is struggling to match the new requirements.

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's crazy to me that this thread has over 2,800 views and over 100 posts and there is almost no update since July. Suggesting to use "Help/Report a problem" is not that useful as I've done that and it doesn't seem has if that made any difference.

If I have to manually import the transactions then why do I need to pay the yearly subscription price? As you can see Quicken we're all getting pretty frustrated at this point.

• Steven Quicken User
    Options

Essentially same problems as above. When I download transaction from by Fidelity Net Benefits account the securities are not recognized. In some cases, the downloaded securities do not seem to have proper ticker symbols or CUSIP IDs attached, so I am asked to match them to securities I already own; even when I do that a duplicate transaction it created. In other cases, I am asked if the security has been "renamed" and I am given four options to address the problem; none of which is logical or appropriate. Bottom line, for me when I download these securities from Fidelity Net Benefits Quicken is unable to match them to my existing securities as it has done successfully for many, many years resulting in hours of cleaning up redundant transactions and duplicate secturities.

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does anyone know if Fidelity NetBenefits started introducing stock symbols with their funds in various employer 401k accounts? Since editing the QIF and removing the symbol seems to work for importing the data, I am wondering if the lack of stock symbol in the 401k accounts in Quicken is contributing to this download issue. I've always recall the 401k funds not having a symbol before and would fear adding one if not assured it is truly unique across all financial institutions.

• MarkinGA
    MarkinGA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic]

• Hans Sassenfeld
    Options

Matt,

I tried the QIF download and it created a new holding for my troublesome account. When I took a withdrawal in July those transactions are now showing under the new account. The problem does seem to be an issue lining up the investment accounts at Fidelity. I got so confused, I ended up restoring from the backup you recommended I make. So, I still have the issue but everything else is back to normal. I think I have given up, I just cancelled my subscription autorenewal for next month. I figure I can wait until they fix the problem and renew at that time. Thank you all for your help especially Matt! I'll check in from time to time to see if it is fixed.

This discussion has been closed.