Thrift Savings Plan Data Wiped Clean after Latest Update

Options
JBV5
JBV5 Member ✭✭

I am on Quicken Classic Premier subscription for Mac, version 7.3.1. Update on 10/2/23 wiped out all transaction/balance data for Federal Thrift Savings Plan investment account. Balance reads $0, shows no transactions/info. However, Portfolio view chart shows accurate values over time with a drop in value to $0 as of 10/2/23.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

The ticket was re-opened due to the number of people reporting they are still having the issue. You can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10511336)

Quicken Kristina

Answers

• dannyavila06
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I've tried to update the connection; after entering my username and password, I get a pop-up window with my account info showing the correct balance, and "Action: Link to: Thrift Savings Plan…"

After selecting "continue" the account still shows "0.00" in the sidebar, and "0.00" when selecting the account.

• mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    Options

Me too. Mac OS 13.5, Quicken 7.3.1

• Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options

Came here because of this. Mine was fine yesterday. I got the update a few days ago so not sure what is causing this.

• JHV123
    JHV123 Member ✭✭
    Options

Having same issues with TSP account as OP and others, was working fine and then all went to zero.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Jordermac
    Jordermac Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here - error logs submitted.

• wgr555
    wgr555 Member
    Options

Same here, wiped-out, please update me when solution or update is available please….

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

We do now have an active alert regarding issues with adding accounts or connecting to Thrift Savings Plan. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options

The alert now says Issue Resolved. Will there be a Quicken Update? I Disconnected and reconnected and still showing $0 balance in the sidebar.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @Mollinmark,

If you are still experiencing this issue after the Alert was marked resolved, then we recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly by phone or chat for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options

Does resolved mean that it will be included in an update?

• mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not working for me either. Same as before.

• G35SWO
    G35SWO Member
    Options

Using Quicken subscription for Mac. Not resolved for me either, even after deleting and re-adding and connecting the account. Balance shows zero.

• sjl1979
    sjl1979 Member
    Options

This has NOT been resolved. I just tried to update my TSP account in Quicken. Same $0 balance others have reported. Please take the "resolved" comment down and fix the problem. Thanks.

• JBV5
    JBV5 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just did a chat with Quicken and they say the Ticket is still open and they are still working on it. If you haven't reported it in Quicken "Help, Report a Problem" please do, so they can add you to the list.

• JHV123
    JHV123 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not resolved, spent over an hour with Q support yesterday and no fix yet. Couldn't hang another hour waiting for tier 3 support availability but they have everything they needed from me. Hopefully they'll get it fixed but at least I have a case number now for what that's worth. Don't know why it was marked as resolved when it's not.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

The ticket was re-opened due to the number of people reporting they are still having the issue. You can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10511336)

Quicken Kristina

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Does resolved mean that it will be included in an update?

@Mollinmark The post above from a Quicken rep this clarifies the current status of this issue, but for future reference…

No, a "Resolved" alert means the developers believe the issue has been fixed as of that moment. Most connectivity-related issues are resolved with back-end fixes, to either Quicken's server, Intuit's servers (the middleman handling connectivity), or a financial institution's servers. Sometimes fixes require an upgrade to the desktop program, but that's actually pretty rare.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Jordermac
    Jordermac Member ✭✭
    Options

For what it's worth, reconnecting TSP accounts shows the right balance during the setup process, but once setup is completed, TSP register balance shows zero.

• lefty77
    lefty77 Member
    Options

Also experiencing the same issue. TSP balance is showing as zero during the setup process and once setup is complete. Very frustrating. Please prioritize this issue Quicken.

• lefty77
    lefty77 Member
    Options

Revising my previous comment. Upon deleting my TSP account from Quicken and re-adding it, it does pull in the correct balance from whatever API they're using, however once I click "Continue" and choose "Simple Investment Tracking," I am asked for another one-time code. The one-time code is submitted, account gets added to the left-hand side and now shows a zero balance….yet again.

• JHV123
    JHV123 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same for me, still waiting on a fix. Spent an hour on phone with tech support, sent all asked for info, they took screenshots and duplicated problem and I still haven’t heard back from them.

• sjl1979
    sjl1979 Member
    Options

Same here. I've disconnected, deleted, and reconnected TSP — all resulted in a $0 balance.

• kipster
    kipster Member ✭✭
    Options

Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation.” SUBMITTED as requested.

• schmidtmh
    schmidtmh Member
    Options

Do we have a status or estimated time to resolve on this issue?

• DDM21
    DDM21 Member
    Options

is there any time estimate regarding when this will be resolved? Or more information. This issue is literally going on 3 weeks…..

• JHV123
    JHV123 Member ✭✭
    Options

An update would be nice, starting to think no one at Q-support is working the issue.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This site is not Quicken Support; it's mostly a user forum. The Quicken moderators post announcements about outages when they get confirmation from their operations team, but they don't get detailed insights into the sources of problems nor the prognosis for resolution. You may want to try calling Quicken Support, although I expect that you'll just find out it's a known problem, but no details.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Oliver2023
    Oliver2023 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina according to the Quicken Alert we haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks. At what point are you going to do something for your customers? Right now I am certainly not getting what I paid for, and don't really get the feeling that anything is being done about it. I have used report a problem from within Quicken twice and not received any reply from your company. I guess I get to pay, I get to report and I get to be ignored.

This discussion has been closed.