Fidelity NetBenefits not downloading transactions (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• dgdmc
    dgdmc Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine were fees only as well, but I've been manually downloading QIF & importing my transactions since mid-July so I didn't expect any of those to download once the issue is fixed. Have you been doing this?

• clovell23
    clovell23 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options

no, ive not been doing that, but i could give it a try. i wonder if the updates are just going to start again, but it wont pull anything in between the break and fix. sucks.

• conq
    conq Member
    Options

I've had the same issue for months too (all transactions downloaded as 'unidentified security' and the number of shares off by a factor of 10) - I downloaded yesterday, November 3rd, and they're still downloading as 'unidentified security'.

• yetanotherdave
    yetanotherdave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Download now "works" for me, but:

• Today, November 3, transactions as of November 1 have been downloaded.
    • NOT down loaded: All transactions from July 3 to October 31 are are still missing
    • Placeholder transactions have been "automatically" entered to cover the 3 months of missing transactions. I will replace the placeholders by manually recreating the missing transactions when I have the time and inclination to do so.

@clovell23 " i wonder if the updates are just going to start again, but it wont pull anything in between the break and fix." That is my observation. "sucks." I agree 100%.

• wei
    wei Member
    Options

seems download started working on recent transactions. Today, my quicken Mac Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100) downloaded 10/27 transactions. However I had to manually enter transactions up these ones (from July to 10/13). Hopefully it's fixed from now on.

• JohnHollaway
    JohnHollaway Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried "updating connection" and when it first logs in, it shows you the balance, but when I go to the acct, it's still zero.
    So I tried disconnecting and renaming the acct, then creating a new acct, and it did the same - balance is zero.

• Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same here - missing all those transactions from this past summer.

7/3/23 was the last transactions downloaded, up until 11/1, at which it finally started downloading. How do we get all the missed transactions downloaded?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't had a Fidelity account in years, but if I remember Fidelity doesn't allow downloading of transactions using a Web Connect/QFX file. That would be the normal way to try to fill in back/missing transactions. If that is true, there are only two ways I can think of doing this. One is manual entry.

The other would be a CSV to QIF (or maybe QFX) conversion/import. This isn't for the faint of heart because a CSV file only describes that how the data is formatted not thinks like what the action "Buy" means. So, there is the mapping of the columns and conversion time mapping of the "security actions". Not to mention not all financial institution's CSV files have the security actions nicely broken out into a column. I would also mention that QIF only uses symbols for the securities, so all of your securities would have to have symbols (at least during the importing). Whereas QFX only uses CUSIP ids.

If one wants to try this you can use my free program (ImportQIF):

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MarkinGA
    MarkinGA Member ✭✭
    Options

After seeing all of the recent comments about mine's working now or partially working etc I decided to try again. Mine hasn't downloaded anything new since 7/7/23. When I kicked it off it downloaded a handful of 11/3/23 transactions that Quicken said were all "Placeholder" entries with nothing else from 7/8/23 till now being downloaded. I deleted these recent downloads. If Quicken doesn't get their act together and soon I will not be renewing my subscription at the end of the year. This online updating capability is the only reason I've stuck with your software for so many years.

Version R52.33

Build 27.1.52.33

• IronRon
    IronRon Member
    Options

Mine downloaded 4 transactions out of 4 transactions today. It looks good to me. Thank you for fixing.

• RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still Nothing. The last transaction shown in Fidelity is 10/31 online for me, so maybe nothing since they supposedly fixed it. It certainly hasn't downloaded anything since 7/3 for me and from what it sounds like, won't download any previous transactions and I'll have to figure out how to manually enter them it seems. Quicken MUST do better. They figured out apparently what was broke, Great. How about not taking about 4 months to figure it out? And most importantly, why can't we figure out how to download the missing transactions? Meaning Quicken fix that too.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options

As of Nov 8, still having to manually enter transactions. VERY FRUSTRATING for a paid service. NO ETA? Unacceptable Quicken!

• MikeS 18
    MikeS 18 Member ✭✭
    Options

I actually submitted a concern to "The Office of the President" which usually gets a heightened level of attention about a month ago. They responded quickly and we have been communicating since then. The issue dows appear to be Fidelity because Direct Connect interface requires little/no action by Quicken to receive data; if no data is sent then what can they do? Well, they can interact with Fidelity contacts and get resolution - they have more clout than one of us. ANYWAY, I got notification to try today and it did download Nov 7th transactions. Yea! But nothing before that - so asked Q for suggestions. (Ctrl-Shift Update Transactions didn't help.)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

One "old idea" that might get some old transactions to download (provided they weren't downloaded in the past, if they were downloaded and deleted this will not get anything).

Note make a backup before trying this, and note it is possible that you might get duplicate transactions.

Tools → Online Center. Select Fidelity as the financial institution. Then hold down the Shift+Ctrl keys and click on the Contact Info. Select Fidelity again in t the dialog that comes up. Then select Reset DTSTART.

Put in a date older than the missing transactions and select OK. Select Refresh.

Select Update/Send…, and then Update Now.

Signature:
  • dufish
    dufish Member ✭✭
    Options

Happy to report my Fidelity NetBenefits transactions downloaded into Quicken this morning all nice and accurately first time since July 2023. Thanks Quicken!

• g2morrow
    g2morrow Member ✭✭
    Options

Happy for everyone here BUT still not working for me ….. freaking fantastic

• MarkinGA
    MarkinGA Member ✭✭
    Options

With recent posts from users stating theirs is working with imports I downloaded from 7/8/23 to 10/31/23 in a QIF file. When I imported it not only did my balance not match but the Cash Amt and Cash Bal columns both showed RED negative balances that steadily increased from July till the end of October ultimately showing a -$7000+ and change cash balance. Where that came from is beyond me but it is definitely NOT working! I'll say it again. When my subscription drops dead 12/31/23 I will not be renewing it. I haven't researched in a awhile, are there any other software alternatives to Quicken?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't realize that Fidelity allows for downloading of a QIF file, that is certainly a good option to try.

Signature:
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Fidelity does not allow for QIF as far as I can tell. Unfortunate. So, the way I read it is if Fidelity and Quicken aren't communicating during the initial download process, you're out of luck and would have to manually enter the transaction(s). This is very poor functionality that Quicken should look into correcting and making a process work for previous missed downloads. As stated above, Shift+Ctrl doesn't work. This is what I'm paying a subscription for to download from my banks and have it all line up. Wishful thinking I guess. Still no new downloads for me, but my last transaction was prior to when they supposedly fixed the issue, so still waiting to see if moving forward, it is working for me at this point.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Did you try this?

Note that if you have already downloaded the transactions and deleted them, they will not download again into that same account register.

Signature:
  • RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Much thanks for that. I now have a .04 cent discrepancy I can live with. I had to attempt this multiple times, 4 I think, and adjust the date to prior to the last successful one, not sure if that actually mattered, to get all the missing transactions to download. I had also identified that I was missing a transaction from 12/31/21 and that makes sense that I had a bout a .47 cent discrepancy for a while now, but wasn't worried about .47 cents being off. Now I know why and can keep up with it for future.

• lillypep
    lillypep Member
    Options

I received a matching security message for a 11-17-23 download from Fidelity Netbenefits for Blackrock R2500 IDX which downloaded fine in June 2023. If I choose Yes, I have the security, the name doesn't come up in the matched security list. If I choose No, the option to add this new security, I get error message: You have an existing Quicken security with this name. Also the program does not see the security when I try to add it manually.

• Q_user
    Q_user Member ✭✭
    Options

This worked for me. I was able to get the transactions going back to July. In case it helps others, I first entered a date that was just after the last transactions that downloaded successfully. When I did so, a portion of the missing transactions were downloaded. I then repeated the process, entering the date just after the transactions that downloaded the first time around.

Chris_QPW - Nice Easter Egg (well, or so I presume) - very helpful. This solved my problem. I was not looking forward to either losing the cost basis information or entering all the missing transactions manually. Thank you so much for posting.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, I have received confirmation that this issue is fixed. Can you let me know if you are still experiencing this issue? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JonyMo
    JonyMo Member ✭✭
    Options

Almost. My last successful update was 7/6/23 - I updated this morning and a complete and correct update for 11/9 and 11/22 have been captured. (Hooray!) But, I still have 44 Placeholder Entries. How do these get cleaned up?

• JohnHollaway
    JohnHollaway Member ✭✭
    Options

It is still not downloading my HSA balance or my Pension balance.
    It used to. I tried deleting and setting up a new account. It shows the correct balance during setup, but not after, so Quicken still shows balance = 0.
    401k balance is correct. Although it is very annoying that it will not show Transactions, just balance, holdings, and value over time

• JonyMo
    JonyMo Member ✭✭
    Options

John,

Check your setting for the 401k. There is a simple one and a complete one. Make sure the complete is selected and you should get all transaction information.

• JohnHollaway
    JohnHollaway Member ✭✭
    Options

If I do that, it gives me this message:
    NetBenefits Worldwide - Fidelity does not support downloading detailed investment information. If you want to use Detailed Tracking, you must disconnect this account and manually enter your investment transactions.

• JonyMo
    JonyMo Member ✭✭
    Options

Wow, sorry. I had disconnected my NetBenefits account from online updates then reconnected it and chose the complete and I did not get an error message… I'm at a loss as to why everyone seems to get a different result when trying the same thing. The last time I called Quicken support the guy made it worse than it was to begin with and then just said, "I don't know". I wish Microsoft was still making Money. I never had ONE incident with that program.

• Ready_Ray
    Options

I have been following this thread for a while because I have the same issue with quicken importing transaction detail from Fidelity NetBenefits accounts. The post from yesterday gave me great hope so I tried to download the transactions from NetBenefits. This morning (November 29) I ran into the exact same problem that John Holloway mentioned. I was unable to change the account details from Summary Only to Complete data to include transactions. The message was "NetBenefits Worldwide - Fidelity does not support downloading detailed investment information. If you want to use Detailed Tracking, you must disconnect this account and manually enter your investment transactions."

I ma using Quicken for Mac, version 7.3.2 and it is up to date. I am wondering if the Windows version has been updated to successfully download transaction details from Fidelity NetBenefits but the Mac version has not. Confirmation from Quicken Support would be appreciated.

In case the fix was all on the Fidelity side… I tried deleting the accounts and starting from scratch with NetBenefits and could not successfully log in. I am sure it is not an account name or password issue because I successfully log into NetBenefits using my Safari browser.

This discussion has been closed.