Pentagon PenFed Credit Union PFCU - CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Iyaun Did you have to deactivate and reactivate your account(s) in Quicken?

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I know it’s a pain if you have a lot of accounts

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

sorry thought that was a message to me

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have deactivated on my spouses computer and can’t reactivate. My computer I haven’t deactivated. Both getting CC-502 error. I still have to take time to call support.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tech Support won't elevate passed first level. Asking for compensation for not getting what I paid for!

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I called support yesterday. Would not elevate my CC-502 error issue since it’s still a known issue. I asked for compensation since I haven’t been able to fully use Quicken. I received one month extension to my current subscription.

• joggerbill
    joggerbill Member ✭✭
    Options

I am unable to update my Pentagon Federal (PenFed) Visa card using One-Step update on Quicken or the download function on the PenFed website. I tried using the Account List to delete the Quicken Classic Online Services update then activating it. I am now unable to activate the online update for my PenFed Visa account. When I try to activate the online update Quicken times out and gives me a CC-502 error message. It says Quicken cannot add the online update function because the PenFed website is temporarily unavailable. That's incorrect because I can access it directly at the same time Quicken is saying it's unavailable. I am using a desktop with Windows version 10. I updated Quicken yesterday. Also, now when I update my transactions from the PenFed website the update. QFX file is downloaded to the Download file in Windows rather than directly to Quicken.

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well I got 3 weeks of successful downloads CC-501 followed by CC-502. This is getting old maybe it's time to go back to pencil and paper 😡

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Krakat last year it was down for months !!!

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dhenderson67 seems like it happens a couple times a years. No one will fess up to where problem is. Other financial banks I use only goes down for a day or 2. Not PenFed it’s weeks or months. I don’t get it. No answers are ever provided! I have my husband’s computer that the PenFed accounts are deactivated and my computer where my PenFed accounts aren’t deactivated. About once a week I try to connect the deactivated accounts. And the other I try daily to see if I get any downloads… Again we don’t know where problem is PenFed or Servers that Quicken use. As you probably log into PenFed and all of their updates to their webpages wonder if this has anything to do with current issue.

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Krakat I don't even know what to do at this point if I manual download my transaction and import them everything gets screwed up when it does come on line.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @joggerbill,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have and ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to the Community Alert linked below:

Also, in regard to QFX files; please be aware that QFX files are a 2-step download process. When first downloaded from the financial institution website, they are downloaded to your computer first and then need to be imported into Quicken. Please refer to this Help Article for instructions on how to do so.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dougherdman
    Options

I've started getting a "cc-502 unable to update" message yesterday when trying to update PenFed CU acct.

• ObieWonA
    ObieWonA Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been getting the same CC-502 error for the past 3 days. The last successful connection was on 11/15.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dougherdman @ObieWonA I haven’t been able to download since Oct 18. I did get them to add a month to my subscription, but would prefer to be able to download my transactions.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dhenderson67 that’s why I have only deactivated my husband’s account. A lot of effort to ensure all accounts get matched back up. Reconciliation time for my accounts has gone from minutes to probably over 30-45 minutes by the time I enter the transactions for the month. I could do the manual download for each account but probably would take as long. Maybe we will get an early Christmas present!🤣

• Frank7
    Frank7 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've had the same cc-502 problem for a while.

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Frank7 If it's anything like the last time all we will hear from Quicken is they know there is an issue and they have no time frame for resolution. 🤯

• gacomputer
    gacomputer Member ✭✭
    Options

It has been more than a month I have been receiving this error every time I make an update to my accounts

• Chris Harr
    Chris Harr Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also experiencing the CC-502 error yet again and have been for over a week now. I tried deactivating my PenFed accounts in Quicken and adding them back for online access with no success. Like Krakat posted on November 8th, I've also tried using Pentagon FCU and Pentagon Federal Credit Union and continue to get the same CC-502 error using either one. It makes no sense to me how this is a reoccurring issue every few months and Quicken can't ever seem to get it resolved quickly. The default statement always seems to be "We do not have an ETA at this time for a resolution for this issue, though our teams continue to work towards a solution." Based on my previous experience, it seems like a complete waste of time to initiate a support ticket for this issue.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris Harr they won’t make a new ticket as one has already been established. Ticket #10554198. If everyone calls and asks for compensation on their subscription maybe they would get it fixed. It’s been over a month for me!

• bahtul
    bahtul Member ✭✭
    Options

Haven't been able to update for the last week. I've disconnected account and tried to re-connect. Get an "An unexpected error occurred" "Remote_Update_In_Progress". The only account with problems for the last 5 years has been Penfed.

• EhmannS
    EhmannS Member ✭✭
    Options

PenFed downloads are not working for me for a few weeks as mentioned in this thread - frustrating! I've tried all the remedies herein with no luck. I have deactivated the connection and now when I try and reestablish the account, I get the following after waiting ~3-4 minutes along with the spinning icon "please wait while we set up your account(s)" (or something like that). Please help! I can log into my account just fine from the Chrome browser.

• dunton
    dunton Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have not been able to update my accounts @ PenFed Credit Union. Get error code CC-502 problem started on 11/15/23. I have done a reset still does not download. I can access my accounts directly with no problems.

• Rich Stubby
    Rich Stubby Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I couldn't download so I asked Quicken to REFRESH the account only to have the account password and ID purged as if it were a NEW setup. Now it just takes forever searching for my Accounts at Pen Fed then times out (I guess) with a CC-502 error. Causing me to cancel the operation and someday start over. Version R53.16 build 27.1.53.16 as of Nov 21 2023.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dunton problem is between Quicken and PenFed!

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am having an issue trying to add Penfed back to Quicken cc-502.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Greg Brown,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rich Stubby
    Rich Stubby Member ✭✭
    Options

Here's what Pen Fed says about the lack of Quicken connection: Thank you for contacting PenFed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Third-party applications can use a variety of means to access your data, one of these options is called screen-scraping. After careful consideration, PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and Ramp may be blocked. Applications that use alternative means of data collection are still allowed and should work as intended.

If you are experiencing issues with a third-party application, you may need to manually download transactions to your device, and then import the data to the desired program.

This discussion has been closed.