Email address spoofing by Quicken when sending out Invoices - flagged as Spam. (edit)

Options
G-rant
G-rant Member ✭✭

Why does quicken sending email on behanlf of you. This is classic spoofing and against modern security standards. Even with SPF/DKIM setting this will make it even harder. But I have all of my invoices being sent to my clients now going to spam and rightfully so. It says it is from me at my.domain yet the sender is from qcsemail.quicken.com. Doesn't one understand that this is going to be flagged as spoofing?

This has worked fine for years but recently started affecting my invoices going out. This is to yahoo, gmail and maybe other email systems.

Not sure why this was closed, but [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think the older Quicken software used to use your local email software to send Reports and any other items generated from the desktop Quicken. At some point that changed - and now the items to be emailed are sent to the Quicken servers, and they in turn email the items out as your proxy email server….

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

"Not sure why this was closed, but [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] "

It was closed since there had been no activity after a forum determined time frame.

@Jim_Harman's response was based on the meager information that you supplied in that thread. Based on what you provided this time, I'm sure that Jim's response would be quite different. This time you point out the issue with the email presenting as being "spoofed" and that sheds a whole different light on the issue.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@G-rant, just save the invoice as a PDF and email it yourself.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wasn't happy either when Quicken made the change from a local email client to their own email server. I seriously doubt that Quicken will change back though it would be nice if they gave you the option for either one. You can try posting a Product Idea but for right now the only way to send invoices without using their server, is what I suggested.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@G-rant Please bear in mind:

The Quicken Community is a user-to-user community designed to connect you with other members who want to discuss or learn more about Quicken.

from

Greg’s approach toward this issue is exactly what you should expect on this site - how other users are working with the current tool. Changing that tool, even changing it back to what it was, needs to work through the Product Ideas portion of this site, the Report a Problem within the program, or through customer support contacts (which this is not).

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been forwarded to the proper channels for further investigation. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-8335)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.