Quicken hangs during One Step Update/Errors CC-501/CC-503 [Edited]

Options

Answers

• sfrolls01
    sfrolls01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I got this info from the Quicken president/CEO. He told me some time ago that quicken data in held on servers owned by Intuit and they are the ones causing these problem which got much worse when Quicken was forced to EWC+. Quicken was but is no longer affiliated with Intuit. This was NOT a move requested Quicken. Intuit wanted to focus on their other programs (i.e. TurboTax and QuickBooks) Quicken has not been the same since EWC+ and that why we cannot upload payment instructions to our banks. It is a one way street— downloads only.

• brighteyes
    brighteyes Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue. Happens quite frequently lately, totally not acceptable. Quicken needs to change the name to "Slow and Incredibly Frustrating Financial Software" Has anyone found a solution to this ongoing issue?

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Why does that post say resolved and with a date of 4/7/23?

• SB
    SB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is not Resolved. This morning OSU hung on my other 4 institutions after successfully updating my Fidelity accounts. While the OSU process no longer hangs as it did this morning, it now returns CC-501 errors for all institutions (except Fidelity). It basically went from hanging to failing.

UPDATED - An hour later and updates are now working for all of my institutions.

Windows 19045.3803

QW 27.1.53.32

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just ran an OSU again and noticed when it goes off the rails. I was prompted to add an account and then it hangs.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I thought this was maybe just with a certain account, but alas it is not. I'm pretty annoyed that they claim it's resolved the same day they acknowledge it.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Why is Quicken making these versions available to all users when they don't seem to have been somewhat qualified to have, at least, the features that were working in the prior version continue to work? It's a bit surprising that there seems to be a lack of a regimented qualification process to have issues introduced with new versions for previously working functions. Strange. r53.16 appears to be pretty stable, but I am hoping for a truly stable upgrade version in order to get the updated tax tables for the tax planner.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

Despite claims to the contrary, the issue that is preventing financial institution updates is not fully resolved. I am still unable to update Citicards and accounts with Bask and Vio banks. I believe there are a couple more.

• hoomans
    hoomans Member ✭✭
    Options

Agreed that this issue is not resolved! I cannot believe that Quicken is claiming that this is resolved. Multiple accounts are returning various error messages during update.

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Can confirm. My OSU has been going for 15 minutes with no progress.

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It actually finished after about 20 minutes.

• qckenguy
    qckenguy Member ✭✭
    Options

Well this morning - it looked like the hang problem returned. Usually the process is less than 1 min - today I waited more than 5-10 minutes - however it finally completed, (although I didn't see any data change - hard to tell).

Anybody else see slow results?

• RRRRRRR
    RRRRRRR Member
    Options

Still not working on 12/28.

• Todd Hanes
    Todd Hanes Member ✭✭
    Options

Using Windows machine, Quicken Classic Business & Personal.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has returned, though we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The Community Alert has been reopened. All updates will be posted within the Alert as they become available.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wenglish
    wenglish Member ✭✭
    Options

Update - I see the issue I link below has just been re-opened while I was typing this post. I'll post this anyway in case it provides some useful details.

Quicken for Windows on Windows 11.

For the past couple of days One step update has been hanging. I usually wait several minutes and then kill Quicken. It's always the same account that shows "Complete", all others show "Updating Account…" I waited at least 10 minutes this time around, and had to kill Quicken again. It appears to affect Express Web Connect+ and Express Web Connect (non-plus), but not Direct Connect.

Citi (Direct Connect) - works
    All others hang:
    Chase (Express Web Connect+)
    BofA (Express Web Connect+)
    BofA (Express Web Connect+)
    Ally (Express Web Connect - NOT plus)
    Capital One (Express Web Connect+)
    BECU (Express Web Connect - NOT plus)

I found the below article that describes the problem, but which says it was fixed yesterday (12/27/2023). However, it's not fixed for me. Are there some steps I can take to un-jam my updates?

Thanks.

• loridow
    loridow Member ✭✭
    Options

More importantly…why do issues never have a possible resolution ETA? I am definitely expected to provide ETAs for completion of tasks such as these at my job.

• richsbca
    richsbca Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm having this issue that is an old issue. If you guys arent going to fix it give us a way to gracefully get out of the update process. I currently have to wait till it times out or end task out of it. [Removed - Rant/Off Topic]

• dashoffa
    dashoffa Member ✭✭
    Options

Its baaaaack….. 10:40 Eastern

• loridow
    loridow Member ✭✭
    Options

It does finally "complete" for me as well after about 10 minutes but almost nothing actually updates with recent transactions that have posted.

• smono57
    smono57 Member ✭✭
    Options

This problem started for me yesterday after updating to R53.32. Takes about 35 to 40 minutes for One Step Update to complete (it does eventually finish if you let it go that long). Both yesterday and today it only happened the first time I did One Step Update. Subsequent One Step Updates in that day worked fine.

• steveberk
    steveberk Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

So this issue is still an issue. [Removed - Rant/Off Topic]

• Reed M
    Reed M Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Off Topic]

• lwclymer
    lwclymer Member ✭✭