Quicken hangs during One Step Update/Errors CC-501/CC-503 [Edited]

Options
1234568»

Answers

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I contacted support and they had me update Quicken first. The problem is still happening so he is escalating the ticket.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Support had me try creating a test file and adding an account. That worked fine. I don't know what could be wrong with my file to cause this. I archived my file to decrease the size but it's still happening.

• SirJohan
    SirJohan Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok. I'm having the same issue and I guess I'm happy I'm not the only one. This occurred after I went thru Quicken's guide of updating my TDAmeritrade accounts to Schwab. The update process kept circling and I left if overnight, and was still circling. Then I used task manager to close Quicken, and now I get a popup about connecting to Intuit? before every update attempt to no avail. Maybe this coincided with an update? But now nothing is being updated. One step update for all accounts don't work, neither does individual account updating. This started on January 19, 2024.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Now I'm back to this again.

The Enable Sync screen that hangs after the Add Account dialog box. Support was supposed to call me on Monday but hasn't.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I found a fix in this post:

I guess running the manual patch did the trick. I was able to download my bank data.

• rdforsha
    rdforsha Member
    Options

The "patch" and newest update R54.16 did not help. However, I was able to delete 7 of 8 Fidelity accounts and add them back, one at a time. The One Step Update does not freeze the program but because it has reclassified a Chase Bank VISA into a Fidelity investment account, it reads as an error and cannot be changed in the edit tab. Which means the Fidelity accounts won't update. The other accounts now update correctly.

I don't want to delete a whole years work of naming credits into the correct accounts and all 11 months of reconciliation just for the account to have the same problems.

Any advice?????

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The mismatch that changed the Chase Visa into a Fidelity investment account cannot be fixed. Your best bet is to restore a recent backup file from just before this issue occurred.

If this issue occurred after you updated to R54.16, then you should have an automatic backup file with the previous version you had installed included in the backup file name, something similar to what is shaded in yellow in this example picture:

If you do not know where your automatic backup files are saved: Edit > Preferences > Backup > click on "Open" backup directory for Automatic Backups.

Now why are you trying to Reauthorize Fidelity?

If the accounts you have with Fidelity Investments are only investment accounts, then do not accept the reauthorization. You can continue to use your previous Fidelity Investments Direct Connect connection setup.

If you are being prompted to reauthorize because you have a Fidelity Rewards Visa card, then you need to proceed with the reauthorization but when the accounts list comes up after you log into Fidelity, make sure to select only the Visa card account….do not select any of the investment accounts.

And when you are prompted to tell Quicken what to do with the downloaded data that results from the reauthorization process, take great care to make sure the Type, Nickname (i.e., Account Name in Quicken) and Action shown are all correct. This is the stage where the account mismatches occur so do not proceed if you cannot get any and all errors corrected at this point. Instead, cancel the process and start over.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• SirJohan
    SirJohan Member ✭✭
    Options

Got excited about a new update for Quicken, only to find out it did not work. I'm still stuck on the update screen. Version R54.16. When do we compensated for for not being able to use this product as intended?

• Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still issues. This morning, OSU downloaded 5 correct transactions from my Bank of America VISA, but failed to download one $100 transaction, and so reconcile was off by $100. I knew, and reconfirmed, that the transaction had fully posted on BOA's website. I entered it manually, manually checked it off on reconcile, and it reconciled.

I have had to do that a few times before, and it does not screw things up subsquently - i.e, it does not result in a duplicate transaction later. But the transaction should have been downloaded!

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the opposite problem. Several of my financial institutions show "Pending" transactions that I have already posted to Q at the time of transaction. When I perform an OSU, while those transactions do NOT download, they ARE included in the reconcilliation balance from the instution. The problem is severe in the case of heavy use institutions to the point that the Q and downloaded bank balance are NEVER in sync!

• Joseph Witkin
    Options

most of my transactions are scheduled and entered into Quicken in advance of posting at the institution. In that case, they appear in the reconcile list, but if OSU has not downloaded a transaction, it will not be checked off, and the account will not reconcile. basically same issue either way.

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

Correct! And if the account at issue is a very active one, they may never reconcile seamlessly! ;)

• Joseph Witkin
    Options

my experience was that bad a while back, but recently, it’s only occasional with a transaction or two. I would think Bank of America is a fairly busy site.

Another issue I have is that Morgan Stanley, which still uses direct connect, usually fails the first time when I use one step update. If I go back and then update that account by itself, it works.

• awf184
    awf184 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just to clarify, I was not referring to how busy the institution is but rather the volume and frequency of my transactions upon it, e.g. how often are my xfers, checks, deposits, etc. I usually have between 1 and 3 "pending" transactions appearing on the institution's website every business day. While those transactions are posted to my Q, they do not download to be "accepted" or "matched" for at least 24 more hours yet their impact is already included in the downloaded institution's reconcilliation balance. Make more sense??

• Joseph Witkin
    Options

Got it.
    Also, each downloaded transaction has a Posting Date attached to it - theaccount, amount, date of download, and an ID number, viewed by selecting the transaction in the register, right-clicking it, then holding down the control key while selecting "Copy Transaction". The transaction that did not download, but that I had to enter manually and then check as downloaded in the reconcile window in order to reconcile, actually HAS the download date (today) and an ID number close to the ID of the one that actually downloaded. So maybe it WAS downloaded, but just didn't show up in the reconcile window…?

This discussion has been closed.