Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) and QMac ?

Options

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It would probably be better not to put out individual email addresses, instead you can go to the "About Us" page and submit a contact page for "the Office of the President" (actually of the CEO, there isn't any president):

https://www.quicken.com/about-us

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    Options

Certainly can. Thanks

• Paresh Buch
    Paresh Buch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

PS - Do you have a solution to the issue I have? None of the accounts that need to be "set up" option from withing the account set up or using the "add account" feature allow me to resestablish a connection - keep getting CC-929 error (Discover CC, Shop Your Way CC, Citizen Bank account etc.). The accounts that require me to reauthorise using the "sign in" ffeature from within quicken (e.g. American Express, Chase Bank etc) all work fine.

• G35SWO
    G35SWO Member
    Options

It's nearly February 2024. This issue has persisted for MANY users for over 3 months. We need an update, or there will be many less paying customers for Quicken.

• cstrong
    cstrong Member
    Options

Since the mid Fall of 2023, my Quicken hasn't been able to update my TSP. I understand this is an ongoing issue but wanted to know if there's an ETA for the resolution as it is irritating to have to manually create a journal entry every month for a service I'm paying to update automatically.

• Hotwings
    Hotwings Member ✭✭
    Options

Good question. I don’t understand why they don’t come up with a solution. Thankfully Mint is still working and they can get the tsp end of day update so why can’t quicken? Thinking about cancelling my subscription to quicken if they can’t fix this by the end of next month.

• duckdude555
    duckdude555 Member ✭✭
    edited March 3
    Options

Looking back on the forums here - it looks like the issue with syncing Thrift Savings Plans has been ongoing for months now, with the bug "fixed" in December 2023, yet it is still not working. I have contacted support, who said they have no idea when the issue will be fixed. Can you please provide clarity on the issue, if the team is prioritizing it, and when you expect the issue to be resolved?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @duckdude555,

The issue you describe is a known issue which has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get any updates, when available, and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10653146)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jp.metcalf
    jp.metcalf Member
    Options

Just starting with Quicken after Mint in Feb 2024 and seeing that TSP connection still doesn't work.

• Hotwings
    Hotwings Member ✭✭
    Options

Credit Karma is working pretty good so far and you can even connect to TSP!

• Jcarta
    Jcarta Member ✭✭
    Options

Oddly enough, when I do connect Quicken to TSP, even though the balance does not update, my bi-weekly traditional contributions, matching contributions and 1% automatic transactions show up in the register. It just does not update the balance for some reason.

• Kalishiva
    Kalishiva Member
    Options

I just started with Quicken Classic Premier (February 2024). Is there a way to add my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) account?

• oldsb42
    oldsb42 Member
    Options

This whole TSP and Roth fiasco is a dealbreaker. I am out.

• Hotwings
    Hotwings Member ✭✭
    Options

credit Karma connects to TSP as well as your other accounts and it’s free!

• mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    Options

I just got an email from Quicken 02/29/24 saying the TSP issue is resolved. Sorry. It's not.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

You need to stop posting in Quicken Mac threads. You are a Windows user and that is completely different for TSP.

With Quicken Mac TSP was working, and then stopped. That is what was supposedly resolved. Quicken Windows has never been able to connect to TSP.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JHV123
    JHV123 Member ✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

Still not working for me, received the same notification as mwreagan above stating the issue is resolved…not true!

• duckdude555
    duckdude555 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Kristina - I just saw Quicken Anja's response in that Community Alert that says the issue has been fixed - but it is NOT fixed. I have tried deleting and reading my account, but I am still seeing a $0 balance. I recommend you remove the "resolved" tag from that alert, or provide instructions on how to correct the error. Thank you!

• jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    Options

I saw an annoucement today that stated the Thrift Savings Plan Shows $0 issue is resolved. For me, it is not. Although I was able to connect to TSP and it did show the connection and my balance, after the connection was completed, the balance still reads 0. Anyone else experience this?

• djtobin
    djtobin Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, this is the same behavior that many users have reported ever since the issue began last year. In other words, there was no noticeable change after the recent announcement claiming the issue was fixed.

• jhirizarry
    jhirizarry Member ✭✭
    Options

Well that’s disappointing. I was really excited when I saw the announcement and could not wait to get home and try it.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @duckdude555,

I'm sorry to hear you're still being impacted by the issue. While the alert for that specific issue was closed, there is a new alert for a similar issue, which may be why you're still seeing a $0 balance. I'd recommend that you bookmark this Community Alert so that you'll see any updates, when available, and know when the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10874711/CTP-9224)

Quicken Kristina

• Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the 3rd time they've marked it as Resolved when it really wasn't. I fell for the other two but not this one :)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This is the 3rd time they've marked it as Resolved when it really wasn't. I fell for the other two but not this one :)

You understand that when they mark an issue resolved, they don't do it to trick people, right? It's pretty easy for users to see for themselves if an issue is fixed or not. They obviously fixed something (or had the financial institution fix something) which they think addressed a problem. Sometimes they have one issue fixed that solves the problem for some users, but there turn out to be other issues which they're not aware of which are still affecting other users. In any case, they need to hear from users — yes, again — with detailed "Submit a Problem" reports that it still isn't working so they can have their connectivity provider (Intuit) go back to work on it.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The previous alert was marked resolved, but I can see a new alert with different details was created. If you are still encountering this issue, I recommend that you bookmark this Community Alert in order to get updates when available and know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark ribbon, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community. 

Thank you!
    (Ticket #10874711/CTP-9224)

Quicken Kristina

• MJGarry
    MJGarry Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have TSP. For some reason Quicken and the TSP do not get along. It seems both blame each other TSP claims Quicken wants a fee to allow downloads into Quicken. Quicken claims TSP doesn't allow downloads because of security issues.

There a a few ways to use Quicken to keep track of your TSP account. My was was quick and easy but did not show individual fund balances. I set up an account in Quicken as an investment but had it all as cash balance. My wife also has an account (we are now both retired). I named each account MikeTSP and MaryTSP . Each payday I would use the split transaction to show the amount from the paycheck going to the TSP account. Also paycheck setup has a feature that will allow employers match. From time to time I would reconcile the account balance with the TSP site. With the "new" (and improved) site you can run a report anytime. I would get the total account balance at the end of the quarter or year. Enter the total amount as the cash balance amount. This will give you a "ballpark" picture of your account balance. I don't suggest keeping a "daily" check on your account balance. You will start to stress over every drop in the market and when there is a loss in the month / quarter or year it will drive you nuts. TSP is a l o n g - t e r m investment.

Other people download TSP data to an Excel file, do some clean-up and then import the file to Quicken. For me this was too much work and had too long of a lag time. It takes TSP a few days to post the purchase from your paycheck.

• duckdude555
    duckdude555 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Quicken Kristina - Thank you for the information. What is difference between the two alerts/problems? This new alert seems to be the exact same thing as the one initially reported - the alerts even have the same title! I recommend escalating it internally even further because it has been almost 5 months with no effective resolution.

• pheifetz
    pheifetz Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken just posted an update that the issue was resolved (2/29/24), but like each time previously this is NOT the case.

• pheifetz
    pheifetz Member ✭✭
    Options

EVERYONE please put in another problem report for this issue. Hopefully something will actually be done if enough reports are submitted.