Edward Jones connection error 15500

Options
Brad L Vandermoon
Brad L Vandermoon Member ✭✭✭

anyone else getting connection error 15500 when attempting to update transactions of Edward Jones accounts?

Best Answers

Answers

• R1456
    R1456 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 23 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, same error 15500.

Not sure if this is related but the Windows users seem to be reporting a similar issue (OL-332-A) in their Quicken forum.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Brad L Vandermoon,

Please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding download error 15500.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mike_n
    mike_n Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. Anja, the troubleshooting you linked to didn't work. I'm able to login to the Edward Jones website no problem.

• Stephen Hansen
    Stephen Hansen Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. The Connection Status pop-up window says, "We were unable to validate your login information with Edward Jones. Try reconnecting. (15500)". I can login to the Edward Jones web site, which they call Online Access, just fine. The EJ web site shows a number of recent transactions. Qucken for mac has no EJ transactions after Mar 8, 2024, even those that EJ account does have more recent transactions. I think the transaction download has been failing to get the transactions for about two weeks. And the login stopped working just today. I think this is an Edward Jones specific issue, since my other brokerage accounts do update just fine. Looking in the EJ web site, under menu: "More/Account Connections", they used to show Quicken as having authorization to connect, but that list is now empty. Makes me think EJ broke something, and revoked permissions (in their system) for Quicken.

• Brad L Vandermoon
    Options

i update (i.e. download transactions) every day. this error just started happening this morning to me.

• andyf0
    andyf0 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just chiming in with the same problem. Started this morning during my daily update.

• Burtcfii
    Burtcfii Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same Issue when I "direct connect" to Edward Jones. It says "did you mistype your log-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Edward Jones." If I go to Edward Jones Trust company and use Quicken connect, it sees my user name and login. I am also able to log-in to the Edward Jones web site.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• markmark
    markmark Member
    Options

Quicken Anja

I am also having this issue. I have verified I can log into Edward Jones using Safari. I have no "Hidden" EJ accounts. I opened Keychain access, and the error and trying to reconnect must have already deleted the login for Quicken and Edward Jones. I went to each EJ account setting and unlinked it from downloads.

I am running Quicken Classic Premier for the Mac, Version 7.6.1 (Build 706.52627.100)

MacOS 14.3.1

Here is a portion of the error Quicken copied to the clipboard:

$app_build_number: 706.52627.100
    $app_version_string: 7.6.1
    $os_version: 14.3.1
    aggregator: FDP
    app_bundle_identifier: com.quicken.Quicken
    cloudStatus: 0
    current_version_crash_count: 0
    dataset_platform: QMAC
    date (EDT): 2024-03-23 13:48:34
    date (GMT): 2024-03-23 17:48:34
    date (PST): 2024-03-23 10:48:34
    last30days_crash_count: 0
    last48hours_crash_count: 0
    rawAggregatorPref: fdp
    subscriber: Subscribed
    syncNewAccounts: 0
    systemTimeZone: America/New_York (EDT)
    tier: Premier
    tier_country: US
    total_crash_count: 0
    userTypeV2: WINBACK_LEGACY

errors count: 1

error #1
    level: (null) (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
    The user cannot sign on because the user ID or password is invalid. (OFX Error: 15500)

suggestion:
    The system did not recognize the User ID or Password you entered. Please try again.

system description:
    (null)

• Brad L Vandermoon
    Options

error report sent to quicken.

• jay
    jay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm having this same issue today. I will also report the error via Help > Report a problem

• mslieske
    mslieske Member ✭✭
    Options

Please advise when resolved. Thanks.

• Brad L Vandermoon
    Options

looks like my connection worked today. anja, do you know what/who made a change?

• jay
    jay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My connection is working today too.

• mike_n
    mike_n Member ✭✭
    Options

And mine works too.

• rolanddawson2500
    rolanddawson2500 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ditto, started on the 22nd for me. Every thing else works, but it says I am using the wrong password. However, I can log directly into the EDJ account with the same password, and I have NOT changed my password.

• Franfam
    Franfam Member ✭✭
    Options

Still having the same issue. Just call EJ support and they said it is still an issue, blames EJ.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

If anyone is still experiencing issues with Edward Jones, please respond in this thread and let us know!

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Franfam
    Franfam Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, as of 30 minutes ago I'm still having the issue. Called it into support. Have sent report several times.

• Brad L Vandermoon
    Options

all seems to be working for me as of 2024-03-25 12:13 PM PST.

• Franfam
    Franfam Member ✭✭
    Options

Aok! Got it working now.

• jt851
    jt851 Member
    Options

It is 8:10 AM here in Chicago in the 27th. I am still having the same issue. I can log on directly from Safari but not within Quicken. Hard to believe they have not acknowledged this is internal to Quicken and have an approximate resolution timeline.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

@jt851, Are you still receiving the same error and have followed the steps in the support article? Please let us know so we can best help! Thanks!

Quicken Janean

This discussion has been closed.