What is the best firework display you have seen?

Quicken Kristina
Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod
edited August 10 in The Water Cooler

For me, the highlight of July has always been the fireworks displays on the 4th. Since I've almost always lived in areas where the majority of fireworks are illegal, the best displays I see are typically from the professional displays funded by the city. What is the best firework display you've seen?

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

For me, I’d say the best firework display I had the pleasure of seeing was in Disneyland Paris on New Year’s Eve to celebrate the year 2000 and new millennium.

I’m sure their firework shows have since improved too, but it’s definitely a wonderful and cherished memory from my childhood. 😊

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    edited July 10

Hello Everybody,

I am honestly not sure. I don't think there is really any fireworks show that stands out in my brain. But I can say that the last three 4th of July's have been my favorite specifically because I got to spend them with my little love and watch her face light up as the fireworks exploded in the sky.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Palace
    Palace Member ✭✭✭

Wow! She sure is a cutie!! You should be proud. Boy's are great, but little girl's are the topper! Anyway, best fireworks I remember was when I was about 10 years old. Dad would be in back yard, showing me how to handle fireworks (BE CAREFUL, Only fire them straight up in the air. NEVER hold or point them at anyone. Be responsible, are you be hearing from me 😯). Neighborhood kids hanging around watching the show. Those were the days!

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorites were when my now late wife & I lived in SF. We'd get dressed in our ski gear and go up to the top of Twin Peaks (we lived part way up), spread out a blanket (wrap another around us) and watch the displays from SF, Oakland, Berkeley, Sausalito and Hayward all at once.

Before that, when we lived in DC, the display on the Washington Mall was spectacular.

Her birthday was 7/5 (although she tried to claim the 4th), so she REALLY liked fireworks.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jasmine

Thank you! She is my one and only! I was also taught extreme firework safety by my father!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine

Well, if my birthday was that close I would celebrate it on the fourth as well!!! Wowwww, look at all these fireworks for me 🤣

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.