System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Importing Transactions From a Capital One CD Account Now Fails

Comments

• retird
    retird Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9

@UKR does your FI post interest on the CD monthly or Quarterly???? My CD's never download interest posted quarterly but only downloaded the Opening Balance. I talked with FI many times and Quicken support many times and each blame the other. Yesterday I talked again to FI and Quicken support and same blame game so I asked Q support to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor had me send a log file and she passed it up immediately and would get me an answer. She got information from those who review log files and she said that a CD account, or any account, that has no transactions for 90 days is considered a "dormant account" and won't download. She also said the opening balance downloaded is not considered a transaction. She told me to come here and request this get fixed with a Q update. She said there were those who run this community (Mods and Admin folks) that can submit this.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

does your FI post interest on the CD monthly or Quarterly?

My Credit Union CD account posts interest monthly. That makes for a much more rapid growth of my investment earning interest on the already accrued interest.

• retird

Thanks for the info and verifying monthly tranactions download during OSU for you where as quarterly transactions do not for me.

THIS verifies what the Q support supervisor told me. I hope the Admin and/or Mods read this and submit it for maybe just to increase Q's 'dormant file' timeframe of 90 days to 95 days. Then quarterly transactions should download…..

Admin/Mods please comment….. thx

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @retird,

Did the supervisor refer you to the Community to report this as an Idea/feature request?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• retird
    edited August 9

Thank you @Quicken Kristina for creating this thread……

The Quicken Support lady suggested I place this in the community as an idea/feature request and that those managing the community could submit it if they choose. I ran another test file earlier today from the FI (Bank of Oklahoma) and all 18 accounts downloaded data. All accounts except the CD accounts downloaded 90 days of data and the CD accounts only downloaded 1 piece of data called Opening Balance. The CD opening balance on all CD's was the current balance as of today and shows no quarterly interest transactions as the interest is included in the opening balance. There was quarterly interest manually entered throughout the last 90 days by me in my main data file.

My suggestion to update Quicken software so a "dormant account" is defined as an account with no transactions for 95 days instead of 90 days. Other options availabe to those software gurus' of Quicken could be instituted. No calendar quarter (3 months) will have 95 days. As you probably know reading in excess of 12 CD monthly statements each month and manually entering quarterly interest is time consuming and as I add more CD's the time consumption and manual entries only will increase not to mention manual reconciling. As I have said here many time here I have redundant computers in case one crashes so the manual entry time is doubled.

I would greatly appreciate if this CD specific issue could be fixed and I do, very much, appreciate you @Quicken Kristina.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

I'll forward the issue to our teams to see if they consider this issue to be a bug (since bugs tend to get attention faster).

In the meantime, I suggest you create an Idea post requesting this change. To create an Idea/Feature request post, please review this FAQ:

Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in the future.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• retird

@Quicken Kristina Thanks for forwarding the issue to the teams and hopefully it will be determined a bug. I think really that it is a oversite more than a bug that between the FI and Quicken it could be resolved. CD's should really never be considered dormant accounts IMO. I am in communication with the FI and awaiting a return call from them. There may be something they can do on their end to just start posting an entry each month instead of Quarterly. They are not yet aware of the "dormant account" situation nor was I until just the other day.

I will report back here after finishing discussions with the FI.

When you forward an issue to the teams do you ever get an answer as to what they decide?

THX again….. 👍️

• retird

@Quicken Kristina I talked to the FI (Bank of Oklahoma) this morning and the bottom line is that they post interest on CD's quarterly and the transaction should download to Quicken. (I paraphrase) They think that Quicken's "dormant account" policy is probably preventing download of quarterly interest as it gets posted as a transactions at the bank each quarter thus it shows on a bank statement. I asked if there was anyway they could make monthly transactions and they are not setup to do that for CD's. They wonder why Quicken has a "dormant account" policy for CD's and they think the issue seems to be for Quicken to resolve.

I hope that Quicken guru's can either extend a "dormant account" time frame to 95 days or remove the dormant account limitation for, at least, Bank of Oklahoma. There may be other ways the Quicken guru's can fix this too.

Is Quicken going to consider this issue as a bug or an oversite and address it?

Thanks for sending this to the team and I hope to have a response as to their decision.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never heard of a "dormant account" policy in Q and I think that the bank may have made it up to CYA.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• retird
    edited August 12

No, the supervisor at Quicken Support said that after the team she sent my Q log file told her that…. See my posts of August 9….

• Quicken Kristina
    edited August 16

Thank you for your patience,

I haven't heard back from our teams yet, but will let you know once I have any updates.

Thank you!

(CTP-10746)

Quicken Kristina

• retird

• retird

@Quicken Kristina

It's been almost 4 weeks since the original post. Any update on status or whether Quicken is even going to address this?

THX

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for the follow-up,

When I check the status of the ticket, CTP-10746, I can see that it is open and in work. I'm not seeing any updates on the ticket.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• retird

THANK YOU @Quicken Kristina for the update…. will check back in a few weeks…..

• retird

@Quicken Kristina any movement of Ticket CTP-10746 over the past month? THX

• Quicken Kristina

Thanks for the follow-up,

I'm not seeing any change to the ticket status. It still shows in work.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator admin

@retird, I have an update and have sent you a private message. Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• retird

• retird
    edited October 22

@Quicken Janean the logs have been sent and my reply to your message has an attached .pdf file with the additional information. I forgot to upload the .pdf to the logs sent…. sorry….. 😊

THANKS