Citibank - FDP-390 (QMAC)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Citibank Authenticate - problem.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 27 Answer ✓

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to the Community Alert found here for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

You may follow this link to access an alert regarding issues with CitiBank. I suggest bookmarking the alert for all further updates. Also, to clarify the most recent update on the alert, this issue is still considered ongoing for Citi Cards and Citi Bank.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

Answers

• serotta88
    serotta88 Quicken Mac Subscription Member
    edited September 27

same here - tried to reauthorize several times, Citi says authorized, then Quicken fails.

Quicken - when is fix coming out?

• ADZ
    ADZ Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same problem! Has anyone found a solution? Thanks!

• deholz
    deholz Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Adding to the pile. I even get an email from Citi saying Yay! but then when Quicken tries to finish, it bombs with a Care Code FDP-390.

Contacting Support, but thought a faster place might be here! Looks like there's a lot of us and Quicken needs to address this issue.

Dawne

DEHolz
    Q4W - c. 1991; Q4M - c. 2017
  • David Weintraub
    David Weintraub Quicken Mac Subscription Member

Me too!

• Cooper's Dad
    Cooper's Dad Quicken Mac Subscription Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 27

Me as well. Posts for similar issues in QWin now include this message from Quicken:

Quicken Jasmine Moderator modSeptember 26 edited 8:51AM

UPDATE 9/26/24

We will be blocking all Citi financial insitution connections while we work on a resolution. As a result, users may encounter an FDP-390 error when attempting to update or add accounts. There is no current ETA.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Quicken user since the DOS/ 3.5" floppy disk days; migrated to QMac in 2022 for problem-free cloud functionality.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 27 Answer ✓

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to the Community Alert found here for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rl4265
    rl4265 Quicken Mac Subscription Mac Beta Beta

Are you blocking Direct Connect CITI transactions or just Quicken Connect?

M1 MacBook Air 16GB RAM. MacOS 14.5, (Cable 300 Down 9 Up)

• dbburrows
    dbburrows Quicken Mac Subscription Member

Yes, same error this morning. Hopefully this won't be comparable support to Kohl's which has been broken for over a year.

• cynstalker
    cynstalker Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

I am on a Mac. I get the successful reauthorization from Citi, but then from Quicken I get "An Unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Care Code FDP-390 CHANNEL_RESET_REQUIRED etc" and it does not update. I also get the authorization successful email from Citi.

Help!

[Merged Post]

• Jwalt313
    Jwalt313 Member ✭✭✭

me too

• PAT
    PAT Member ✭✭✭

Same problem here as well. It also happened a year ago and it took about. week or so to get resolved, one account never did reauthorized and I have been doing that one manually since.

• msrw08
    msrw08 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

As of 26 Sept, I’m having the same problem with a Citi American Air Advantage credit card. Broken interface, following the quicken protocol to fix, Citi reports the connection is functioning, Quicken reports that it is not.

Here is the error pop up box from Quicken Classic Mac:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An unexpected error occurred

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-390

Details:
    CHANNEL_RESET_REQUIRED
    FCMS channelId=6ef0eb1f-6c2d-433d-abcf-3150c62936a4 for provider_id=c8fa65fe-4bf6-4846-aaaa-62f8937e31bf is blocked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Same error pop up whether I use the Citi Cards interface, or the specific interface for the Citi Advantage card.

@Quicken September, perhaps you could let us all know your team’s take on this issue and when we might be able to expect a resolution?

Thanks.

• LatinNYWill
    LatinNYWill Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I have Quicken classic for MAC. Unable to have Quicken authorize CitCard account. Citicard OKs the authorization but Quicken does not.

The message:

"Care Code: FDP-390"

Details:
    "CHANNEL_RESET_REQUIRED
    FCMS channelId=6ef0eb1f-6c2d-433d-abcf-3150c62936a4 for provider_id=c8fa65fe-4bf6-4846-aaaa-62f8937e31bf is blocked"

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27

You might want to read the Alert that was posted yesterday about this: UPDATED! 9/26/24 Citi Card/Citi Bank (all associated Citi Fi's) - Downloading Incorrect Transactions.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• Appears to be happening to everyone. Even tried disconnecting and reseting the cloud - didn't help.

• Perry Gershon
    Perry Gershon Member ✭✭✭

Yep - me as well

• aalgra
    aalgra Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Same here…

• Momster122
    Momster122 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

same issue

• MFMauceri
    MFMauceri Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 27

Yeah. This is painful. Initially I received a message that Citi/Quicken was using a new security protocol, and I had to relink my accounts… And then the whole thing went boom. In this situation (not my first rodeo), Citi blames Quicken, Quicken blames Citi, and we're the end losers. However, my Citi Investments accounts (linked directly though their CPWM) are not affected.

• jpqkn
    jpqkn I do not have Quicken yet Member

hi quicken please fix this issue.

I have met empower connection, citi, wells fargo total three connection issue within one month. you are under the same company as mints, mints never goes wrong. whats wrong with you ?

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@jpqkn :

A. Mint is owned by Intuit, Quicken is not.

B. Intuit shut down Mint, so suggesting Quicken should be more like Mint isn't really the winning argument you think it is.

• MarkyBCus
    MarkyBCus Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Me as well. Bummer it's not being resolved quicker.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28

I don't know about with QMac but with QWin the Citi Cards direct connect connection has not been affected by this issue. I have been able to update my Citi credit card accounts without interruption and other QWin users have said they are able to set up new direct connect connections. So, you might want to try setting up the direct connect connection if you have not already done so.

Note: In QWin the Citi Cards direct connect connection works only with Citi's brand credit cards and a few of the retail services branded cards (i.e., the ones that can be first manually linked to the online Citi.com account).

I have 2 Citi retail services cards (Sears Mastercard, Macy's Amex card) that have their own Express Web Connect download connection setups and they have not been affected by this issue. I'm guessing that other Citi retail services cards with their own unique download connection setups might not be affected, as well.

Another option some people are doing is to use the Web Connect method to download transactions. This is the manual downloading of transactions from the online account in QFX or "Quicken" or "Web Connect" formatted files) and then importing those files into Quicken.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• rphpat
    rphpat Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I disconnected the citi account in quicken. Then I went to https://citi.com/datamanagement and allowed access then reconnected the account as direct connect instead of quicken connect and voilá. I'm back in business.

• dianetti
    dianetti Member ✭✭
    edited September 28

[Removed - Speculation/Rant/Disruptive]

• hbravo
    hbravo Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

All the same issues. I will give them a few days to work it out then try the disconnect, reauthorize on site, reconnect method.

• PatrickP
    PatrickP Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
  • rphpat
    rphpat Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited September 28

I had to exit and start to connect from the beginning while leaving the browser open. You only get so many minutes to complete. You also have to sign in on the webpage.

• stevedz
    stevedz Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭
This discussion has been closed.