Costco Citi Visa Not Updating Quicken again..

Answers

• Ben S
    Ben S Member ✭✭

Quicken and Citibank still not working despite today’s post. I get a message that Citibank has been successfully authorized but when I go back to Quicken it says there is still an error.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30

I believe you may have misread today's Alert update. It said that only one of the Citi financial institutions was allowed for downloading of transactions and that other Citi financial institutions will continue to receive an error.

Here is the link to the actual Alert post: UPDATED! 9/29/24 Citicard - Downloading Incorrect Transactions/Errors when updating/ FDP-390/CC-902.

BTW, I have not yet been able to set up a good EWC+ connection with Costco Citi Credit Card, yet, either. Sometimes when a server update is announced it does not really become available for everyone until the next day.

UPDATE 9/30/2024: I was able to get the EWC+ connection only with the Costco Anywhere Card by Citi FI. EWC+ connections with any other Citi FI cannot yet be established. This is exactly what is mentioned in the 9/29 Alert status update.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• SemiMBA
    SemiMBA Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

same issue for at least the last 5 days. Hopefully Quicken S/W engineers are working on issue as I want to avoid having to manually enter the data (makes purchasing the buggy s/w redundant )

• x89
    x89 Member ✭✭

I am still unable to reauthorize my Citi COSTCO card in Quicken. Same error message as in your announcement.

• x89
    x89 Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

The fix is one has to delete Citibank as the financial institution and select the Citi COSTCO option from the institution download list. That allows Quicken to connect to Citi and the correct transactions to download.

• cesarvinocur
    cesarvinocur Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Just read the attached update from Kristina… in fact cannot authorize my Citibank Costco either

• The work-around previously mentioned worked for me.

Add a new account, select the Costco Citibank Visa account, provide your Citibank login credentials and then LINK it to your existing account. Your existing account remains intact and new transactions are downloaded. In my case, just the last 4 days worth because it has been that long since my last successful online download.

It's good when experienced users can figure something like this out, but as a Quicken user for over 20 years we just shouldn't have to resort to this. More rigorous testing from Intuit should uncover these issues long before they come up in longtime users of the product. Just my $0.02 worth.

• RJTchr2023
    RJTchr2023 Member
    edited September 30

I too am unable to download /re-authorize Cit COSTCO in Quicken. The account has been deleted in my institution download list in password manager'

• IKENI24
    IKENI24 Member
    edited September 30

Hi Kristina -

The original issue I had was with the brokerage account not showing on the Quicken "Activate Account Update" screen, even though it showed on and I checked the box on the "Authorize Screen" from the web browser.

FIX - I figured out the problem. I originally set up my username and password on Citibank's "Banking" website platform. There must have been a change on their "Investment" website platform sometime in August which disallowed the use of certain "Special Characters" in passwords. Their parameters for creating passwords is now not consistent among their different platforms. When Quicken sent my username and pw to Citi' servers, the banking login worked, but because I used one of the disallowed special characters in my password, when Quicken tried to access the brokerage data, it set off a login error and failed.

I hope this helps others who had the same frustrating problem.

Ken

• jsattenspiel
    jsattenspiel Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Just tried to re-authorize my Citi Costco account and get a message from Citi that the authorization has succeeded but when I return to Quicken the message is that the authorization failed due to time out or failure to connect. Obviously the issue is NOT fixed.

• husslein
    husslein Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

** SOLUTION ** (for ANY Citi related accounts)

R59.6 / Build 27.1.5.9.6

Have Citibank issued accounts both checking, savings & credit card (not Costco branded). Historically used the Citi Citibank portal option in Quicken. Despite the proceeding, I too was being required to revalidate accounts and was unable to for the same reason(s)/error(s) as noted throughout prior historical posts.

Using the "+" to add a new account in Quicken, I:

1. searched "Citi"
    2. selected the "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" portal option
    3. Used my normal/historical Citibank login credentials
    4. Upon verification by Quicken, existing Citi/Quicken accounts remapped (double-check them)
    5. Uploads then worked

I hope the above helps others (wasted 1.5 hours trying to resolve via all other solutions in historical posts)

Quicken: You Need to Do Better!

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure why this works but it just worked for me to re-link my two Citibank credit cards (neither of which is Costco branded).

• dennisnolan
    dennisnolan Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Linking to a nonexistent Costco Anywhere card makes no sense but it worked for me, too. I have two non-Costco Citi cards and they finally connected with Quicken after trying Husslein's tip.

• A 9/29 update stated that Citi Costco Visa can now be setup for downloading. I just tried re-authorizing and received "failed" message. What's the current status?

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭

This worked for me but, as noted, is a bad workaround (bad inasmuch as we need to do this). My existing cards are linked, but they show up in the OSU under the heading of "Costco Anywhere Card by Citi." No new transactions (as expected) and update date is current.

When this gets fixed for real, I'll likely relink. But it works for now in this hybrid method. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers.

• This is all ridiculous for a product that has been in the market for so long. Issue remains, not resolved.

• thx007
    thx007 Member
    edited September 30

Same… Costco Citi account only, and still showing failed login in Quicken even after multiple successful authorizations via Citi webpage.

• glaurian
    glaurian Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Thanks. That worked.

• David37211
    David37211 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Same here.

• Philpatterson
    Philpatterson Member ✭✭

When I click on update it sends me to the website to login. Doesn't seem to be fixed.

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭

what about other Citi accounts besides a credit Card? like checking or savings account? Will the Costco account workaround link to non-CC accounts? anyone tried?

• JLP1976
    JLP1976 Member ✭✭✭

This worked for me, with one caveat: The first time through when the process tried to open the Citi website, I got this:

Once I closed my browser and restarted, it worked. I have seen this 400 Bad Request message several time the past few days while trying to get this issue resolved.

• ljn
    ljn Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

This is basically what I did and it worked. It would have been helpful for the announcement to point this out a bit more clearly—it seems obvious once pointed out, but I probably wouldn't have realized it on my own.

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭

I think this was likely not announced as a fix for all cards as it is not a fix. It's a workaround. On the thread from Quicken about this issue, they did announce that Costco cards had been fixed.

• rio grande
    rio grande Member ✭✭

The 'COSTCO' tip worked for me, too.

Thanks.

• Paula2
    Paula2 Member ✭✭

I have 2 credit card accounts at Citi and on Quicken (had them for years). Got the errors noted above with Citi thinking I'd authorized by sending me confirmation emails, but Quicken said Failed: Timed Out each time I tried. I was then able to activate Express Web Connect+ on the Costco card by using the Advanced Options procedure outlined above, but when I downloaded transactions, I got the ones from the other credit card instead! So now I've deactivated download completely on Quicken for the Costco card and I plan to wait until Quicken fixes ALL the problems with downloads from Citi before I reactivate! Let's hope that comes soon, so I don't have to manually enter transactions to stay up to date.

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭

When you used the workaround above, are you sure that you connected each Citi account to the proper Existing Account in Quicken? That's the only thing I can think of to cause transactions from one card to post in the other account.

Cheers.

• Paula2
    Paula2 Member ✭✭

Thanks for the reply. I only enabled online services for the Costco card, and that was the only one I downloaded, too. So cross contamination should not have occurred. Now that Kathryn from Quicken has posted that services have been enabled to Citi, I'll try enabling both accounts' online services.

• joneisenberg
    joneisenberg Member ✭✭

I got mine working today by first DISCONNECTING the existing link, then reconnecting to new entry "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" as one user noted above.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello all,

We’ve updated the alerts, but just to clarify, we’re not blocking you from making any changes. This issue is actually on the side of the service provider (Intuit) and Citi, so we’re waiting on them to get it fixed.

Thanks for your patience!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.