What do you want to know about using Quicken for Mac 2016?

Options
124»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I have been using Quicken since 1995 and currently have the most recent update of Q2007 for Mac. I understand that you will soon stop supporting it and that a new MacOS may soon make it unusable. But my entire financial history lives in this app and I want to know what to expect when I update to 2016 (or 2017):

Will the new version transfer my current data file without losing any of my historical info - accounts, transactions, categories, classes, securities, report customizations, etc? If not, what problems can I expect and are they solvable? Please tell me now - I hate surprises.

What will I immediately have to know about doing any things differently?

If I get 2016, will the imminent upgrade to 2017 be free? If you were me, would you wait for 2017?

Is there a printed manual as in the old days? Online tutorial for upgrading?

Thank you.

we purchased the 2016 Quicken and I down loaded it and thought thats what I have been using all this year to just find out I am still on 2015 Quicken.
    I reopened 2016 but it only has bank and CC infomation since Jan 2016. I dont want to manually down loan a year of info how can I fix this
    Linda
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

I have been using Quicken since 1995 and currently have the most recent update of Q2007 for Mac. I understand that you will soon stop supporting it and that a new MacOS may soon make it unusable. But my entire financial history lives in this app and I want to know what to expect when I update to 2016 (or 2017):

Will the new version transfer my current data file without losing any of my historical info - accounts, transactions, categories, classes, securities, report customizations, etc? If not, what problems can I expect and are they solvable? Please tell me now - I hate surprises.

What will I immediately have to know about doing any things differently?

If I get 2016, will the imminent upgrade to 2017 be free? If you were me, would you wait for 2017?

Is there a printed manual as in the old days? Online tutorial for upgrading?

Thank you.

Your data file is separate from your version of QUicken. If you have been using QM2015 all this time but have QM2016 you want to use, simply open QM2016, then have it open your QM2015 data. 

If you are unsure where you data file resides, read this FAQ: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-mac-faq-default-location-of-data-file-cr...

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

since updating quicken for mac 2016 to 3.5.1, register for checking account is not displayed in chronological order.  How can I correct this?

I still am using Quicken 2015 and find that none of my files print. I use these as a record for my income tax but can't get a paper copy.  Why is the print symbal greyed out?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    Options

since updating quicken for mac 2016 to 3.5.1, register for checking account is not displayed in chronological order.  How can I correct this?

What, exactly, are you trying to print? That is, are you in a register? What type of register? A report? The reason I ask is that most screens in Quicken 2015 can print, but there are some that can't. If you're in an investment account, for instance, and on the Portfolio view, Print is grayed out; if you switch to Transaction view, Print is active.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gina Minzenmeyer
    Gina Minzenmeyer Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    my bank always used a qfx webconnect file. IT always downloaded properly. Now the download comes with no extension and calls the  file unknown. I have contacted bank, they do not know. If I manually put the extension on it works. Can you help me or give some idea of what I need to do?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I simply open my checking account, search for all charity category and then try to print that out for income tax deduction.  But the print icon is grey, and control P does not work, so I'm out of luck.
  • Bobo
    Bobo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Just updated Quicken 2016 for Mac to version 3.5.3.  It crashed while downloading transactions and now will not open at all.  I have had to Force Quit 3 times as all I get is the beachball--no screen, no register, nothing.  How do I get the program to run?

I too updated Quicken 2016 for Mac to version 3.5.3 and it was working. Updated to OS MAC Sierra and now when I try to open Quicken, it is acting like I never did a setup. Within the setup it points to 2015 files acting as if I am just setting up 2016?
  • Bobo
    Bobo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Just updated Quicken 2016 for Mac to version 3.5.3.  It crashed while downloading transactions and now will not open at all.  I have had to Force Quit 3 times as all I get is the beachball--no screen, no register, nothing.  How do I get the program to run?

I am using Quicken 2016 for Mac V3.5.3. Updated to MAC OS Sierra and now when I try to open Quicken it wants me to do another setup and is pointing to 2015 files. I had already installed Quicken 2016 and have been using it for some time.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I just updated Quicken 2016 for Mac to version 3.5.5.  Now it will not build a standard category summary report  (or a custom one) that includes all my categories - it just disregards a huge amount of data that is clearly there when I look at "All Accounts" and organize it by category.  Also it has changed some "expense" categories to be "income" and vice versa.  How can I fix this???
This discussion has been closed.