Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Investments (Mac)

Add values of hidden investment accounts to investment graphs (11 Legacy Votes)

Snoopy FCSnoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 10 in Investments (Mac)
I'm using QM2017, and currently the values of hidden investment accounts are not reflected in the graphs.  Please add the option to hide the investment account, but still include the account values in the graphs.  I don't want to see these accounts on that sidebar that are not currently active, but I would like to see the values of these accounts reflected in the historic information that is presented graphically.  
QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• RCinNJRCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I don't have any hidden investment accounts, but I know when I hide accounts there are 2 checkboxes. The first hides the account, the second removes the account from reports. Check if both boxes are checked for your hidden investment accounts. I don't know if this will make a difference for graphs, but if not you could make a request to the developers.
  • Snoopy FCSnoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10

I don't have any hidden investment accounts, but I know when I hide accounts there are 2 checkboxes. The first hides the account, the second removes the account from reports. Check if both boxes are checked for your hidden investment accounts. I don't know if this will make a difference for graphs, but if not you could make a request to the developers.

Unfortunately, it doesn't make a difference for the graphs.  When any investment account is hidden, it's holdings are not reflected in any of the graphs.  It would be helpful to have a checkbox in the accounts window indicating whether or not one wants this info hidden in the graphs similar to what is already available for the reports.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2017
    You will be able to customize your graphs / reports to include 'Hidden accounts'. If you are viewing the graph, use the account filter -> Custom and click on 'Show hidden accounts'.  Similarly if you are running a report, click on Customize -> Accounts and click on 'Show hidden accounts. 
    edited November 10

You will be able to customize your graphs / reports to include 'Hidden accounts'. If you are viewing the graph, use the account filter -> Custom and click on 'Show hidden accounts'.  Similarly if you are running a report, click on Customize -> Accounts and click on 'Show hidden accounts. 

Sangeetha, 

Thanks for the tips, but these don't make sense for QM2017 v4.4.3.  Here's what happens.  I'm looking at all my retirement investments in the following view.  This includes all accounts, even accounts that are technically "closed" (zero balances in the sidebar [not shown]). The following pic displays the graph under this condition: 

Now, if I go into accounts and hide just one of those closed accounts, you'll notice the difference compared with the graph below: 
    Do you see the difference when I hide just one of my investment accounts?  I'd love to hide the investment account in the left sidebar, but still see it's values reflected in the graph.  That way I could still see its impact in my portfolio, without losing screen real estate to an account with a current $0 balance.  Let me know if this doesn't make sense.  
    In case anyone cares, this issue is still present in February 2020......
    This idea goes along with the ability to hide closed or inactive investment accounts.  Otherwise they reside on the left sidebar reminding you that you have nothing in these accounts.  Not particularly helpful either way.  
    The point is that currently hiding an account can hide it from both reports and will hide it from these investment graphs.  I can tell Quicken to show them in the reports, but there's no option to still include these hidden data in the investment graphs.  
  • Chris AndersonChris Anderson Member ✭✭
    Following. We shouldn't have to unhide an account for it to show up in a historical graph.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    makes sense to have.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

I’ve been asking for this for years.  
    The issue is still present and unaddressed.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't see why this issue would be archived and tossed. Some issues like this don't inspire more comments on this forum because it's a simple ask and there's not much more to add. That doesn't mean there's a lack of interest in seeing the idea implemented.

I think Quicken Mac needs the functionality Quicken Sangeetha described being in Quicken Windows: a checkbox in the Portfolio window to show/hide hidden accounts. I say that because having hidden accounts show up just in the chart (as this thread is requesting), but not in the list of holdings as of a specific date would be misleading and inconsistent. If I tell a Portfolio window to show my holdings as of 12/31/2009, it should automatically (or optionally via a checkbox I can check) show me all my holdings as of that date, including accounts which are now closed or hidden -- in both the chart and the list of holdings. If you're looking at historical data, you generally want to see what was the case back then, not see an incomplete picture because an account that was open then is closed/hidden now.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Please keep this request active. Graphs should have an easy method to include currently closed/hidden accounts based on the “as of” date without the user having to review all individual hidden accounts to figure out which ones had balances as of that date (and not set to be excluded from graphs). I haven’t used the WIN version of Quicken in a long time but I recall having that option. This functionality is not a new concept.