Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.5.4 and Other 5.5.x Releases

Options
14567810»

Comments

• cneal
    cneal Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Installed 5.5.7 and found a slight problem.

Since one of  credit cards does not allow Direct Connect I update with Web Connect. When I updated this morrning everything went correctly except the available crefit in the upper right did not change and the transaction balance in the left pane did not update. I had to close Quicken and reopen for the new balance to be shown.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Snoopy FC said:

Using version 5.5.5 and I'm still wishing that All Transactions would truly allow searching through "all transactions" including those in hidden accounts.  It would allow for faster searching for older information that I need to access occasionally.  

Quicken (5.5.7) now stops responding while downloading transactions from Financial Institutions online. Even happens if I just try to update one institution regardless of which one.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging to v5.5.

I am noticing a 'beach ball' cursor on Mac more with this most recent release.  If I change just about any view, I get a beachball.  Running latest Version on a MacBook Pro running latest OS with 16gb of memory.

Not sure where performance is in the priorities, but it seems like the program should not have as many lags as it appears to have on Mac, particularly having come from the Windows world last fall where the program was definitely more responsive to screen changes or other selections.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.4.x Released.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging to v5.5.

I am noticing a 'beach ball' cursor on Mac more with this most recent release.  If I change just about any view, I get a beachball.  Running latest Version on a MacBook Pro running latest OS with 16gb of memory.

Not sure where performance is in the priorities, but it seems like the program should not have as many lags as it appears to have on Mac, particularly having come from the Windows world last fall where the program was definitely more responsive to screen changes or other selections.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.4.x Released.

Merge to 5.5

Please reference the new conversation here: v5.5 Merge
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

A couple of issues with loans :

• Changing the date of the Loan Opening Balance transaction duplicates the transaction (they have different amounts though).  This is very confusing. This should either not be possible, or simply change the date and not create a new transaction.
    • When you edit the LOB to make it a transfer, go to the other side of the transfer and change the date of the other side, the link between the LOB and the other side suddenly breaks. I.e. the LOB no longer shows as a transfer. (But the other side still does - weird !) Again, this should either not be possible or work as expected.
    Elijah Capitals and Mortgages Limited® has very helpful staff who have helped me out of a financial crisis. They take the time to carefully explain the procedures in obtaining the loan and go through solutions to resolve any financial issues you might have. Special mention to the stall namely Ms Tracy and Mr Steven who i think are very meticulous in their work and deserve special mention. Kudos and keep up the good work. People might come in with worries and problems but trying them out definitely helped solve my problems. I hope others will be able to experience what i had, and you can reach them at elijahcapitals@ g m a i l . c o m
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    When is 5.6 coming?  Looking forward to the next set of improvements.....
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Snoopy FC said:

When is 5.6 coming?  Looking forward to the next set of improvements.....

Quicken never pre-announces future releases, nor provides a schedule for releases. Typically, the release date depends on how testing proceeds following a period of development work — how many bugs surface, how long it takes to hunt them down and fix them, whether they decide they need additional rounds of beta testing, etc.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • brucel
    brucel Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    While I am a huge fan of the Mac Quicken Team, after having just lived through my first tax filing season since switching from Q2007 to Q2018, I'm hoping that the next release is taking longer so they can tackle reporting.  It was painful to have all my tax-related data meticulously entered into Quicken and absolutely no way to report on it to make tax filing easier!  For example, as is common with many, I have to annualize my income and expenses and literally had to build spreadsheets using transactions I downloaded from various investment institutions.  For expenses, I exported the raw purchase transactions and the rolled them up into the IRS annualized periods 3/31, 5/31, 9/30 and 12/31.  These are basic things that Quicken should be able to do in its sleep.  Bravo to the Mac team for all they have done so far but I now have to admit that Reporting is indeed a fundamental product gap that undermines the most basic value proposition and utility of Quicken.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    brucel said:

While I am a huge fan of the Mac Quicken Team, after having just lived through my first tax filing season since switching from Q2007 to Q2018, I'm hoping that the next release is taking longer so they can tackle reporting.  It was painful to have all my tax-related data meticulously entered into Quicken and absolutely no way to report on it to make tax filing easier!  For example, as is common with many, I have to annualize my income and expenses and literally had to build spreadsheets using transactions I downloaded from various investment institutions.  For expenses, I exported the raw purchase transactions and the rolled them up into the IRS annualized periods 3/31, 5/31, 9/30 and 12/31.  These are basic things that Quicken should be able to do in its sleep.  Bravo to the Mac team for all they have done so far but I now have to admit that Reporting is indeed a fundamental product gap that undermines the most basic value proposition and utility of Quicken.

brucel, AGREED! This is my #1 frustration with Quicken for Mac 2018 vs. 2007. The reports used to be so much more useful at tax time.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    brucel said:

Please help me better understand what we need to do.  It sounds like the Tax Schedule Report didn't meet your needs. Can you tell me what would it was missing that prevented you from using it?
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    brucel said:

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for asking. If you want I could send you pdfs of some of my reports from Quicken 2007. They are much easier to get information from, they print beautifully and I ran mine with no, or almost no, customization. I believe that is what users are looking for. There were also other useful (to me) preset reports. For example, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Report, and Income Statement. My last reports are for tax year 2015. When I switched after the tax year to QM2015 I never thought I would be waiting this long for similar functionality. QM2018 is getting there, please get it over the goal line!!

I hope brucel will chime in since he switched more recently and may also know more about accounting than I do.

Best,
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    brucel said:

Aiming for the same base set of reports from QM2007 would be great.  I like the customization options we have in QM2018, but the value of basic reports cannot be underestimated.  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • CR Greenberg
    CR Greenberg Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am relatively new to Quicken and am grateful to find this resource. I have started to download my accounts straight from my banking institutions, but now I'd like to do so manually each month. I'd like to just download a document from the bank into Quicken. (more because I'm cheap and don't want to pay the Bank fees for connecting to an outside source like Quicken) I'm concerned, will I get over lapping or gaps in the information, any advice?
  • Richard160
    Richard160 Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Reconciled item appearing in current month after doing an on-line bank connect. For the past couple of months I will randomly have a reconciled item appear next to an unreconciled item in my account.
    The last time this happened I had to search all the previous months to find where the reconciled came from and re-enter the date. This time I'm having trouble finding the original date. My account appears to be correctly balanced with the item included, so I need to find to original date that the reconciled items come from. Any idea what is causing this and how to find the original date stamp? 

This discussion has been closed.