Time tracking with Quicken

I'm self-employed and often bill out on an hourly basis. Is there a time-tracking app that I can use that'll upload my time into the Quicken Home & Business invoice software?
Tagged:
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There's no  "time clock" function in QH&B itself.  Nor am I aware of any way to import such info into Q ... as there's no place to receive the data.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9
    Hey there!

Unfortunately this feature isn't available in Quicken.

I'm going to change this post into an idea thread so other users can vote on this feature.

Thank you for your contribution to the community!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • LeeLee Member
    edited July 2018
    Could you bring back the Quicken Time Tracker from 2004???
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22

Could you bring back the Quicken Time Tracker from 2004???

Hey Lee,

I would create an Idea thread so other users can vote to have the feature added.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • edited January 9
    A time tracker for Quicken would be excellent. I currently use both Quickbooks and Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property. The only reason I even use Quickbooks at all is for the ability to track and invoice for time. I use TSheets to record times and then import the data back into Quickbooks. A time recorder integrated into Quicken would be ideal and would allow me to drop Quickbooks altogether, assuming the timer were implemented properly. Quickbook's method of using a separate timer is workable but not ideal. Exporting customer data and then importing times is a bit cumbersome. I think Quicken could appeal to a much larger user base if a more robust time tracking and billing system were implemented.
  • Kaleem AhmedKaleem Ahmed Member
    edited January 9
    I really wish Quicken Business has time and labor tracking and billing. I currently now currently have to track it using various excel sheets to do the same.
  • LarryS103LarryS103 Member ✭✭
    edited August 30
    Quicken is supposed to be for tracking rental expenses and property management. New IRS regulations allows a 20% deduction, only if a rental is "qualified business income" ,QBI. it allows a 20% for a deduction from income This can be huge. It requires that the taxpayer keep track of hours worked to proof it. Quicken should add a time tracking function, that is integrated with the posting of rental expenses. This is a critical, and valuable function to all rental users.
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2
    I am sure there are better applications for time tracking, but if you must use Quicken to track this, maybe you could set up an account, mark it as "Separate" and enter a deposit of $1.00 for each hour you work.

You could use the Tags for the rental properties to keep track of which one you were working on.

The Payee could be the person doing the work and maybe you could set up a QBI Category with subcategories to indicate the nature of the work. 
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • LarryS103LarryS103 Member ✭✭
    Right now I am posting my time to my iCalendar with a specific category for the rentals, color coded blue different from anything else. I post the hours by changing the calendar period of the day actually done, and entering a detail description of what was done that day in the description line. I bought an app TimeTable 3 that sucks out the calendar items by category and puts it into a spreadsheet by date. I can add and segment using spreadsheet functions. I believe this meets the QBI documentation. We shall see