Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Manage Accounts and Transactions (Windows)

joint accounts: ownership multiplier ( 3 Legacy Votes)

2»

Comments

• JimT29JimT29 Unconfirmed, Member
    I agree, we really need the ability to add "percentage of ownership" to various accounts. Otherwise it throws off my personal numbers.
  • lholho@[email protected] Member ✭✭
    I vote for this feature as well. Without it, it throws off the planner, budgeting and net worth....

Perhaps Quicken Business should have this feature.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I see several comments in favor of this feature, however, the vote count on the first page is shown as 0.

Be sure to navigate to the first page of this thread and view the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • gaystegayste Member ✭✭
    > @buck9063 said:
    > I also heartily vote for this feature and agree with Mr. Gumpertz, Jake, and JRuff. I've always wanted and been looking for this feature. My partner and I have been together for 20 years, but have always maintained our own financial accounts and records (in addition to my partner maintaining our joint financial accounts and records). He' s used Quicken desktop forever, since long before we met, meticulously tracking his finances all these years. I'm a recent refugee from Mint, which I found wanting. We have no interest in combining our record keeping. I'm fine with not including our joint bank accounts in my Quicken (since he does such a great job of it already, and the joint bank accounts add up to a relatively small amount of money), but I would really love to track our sizeable mortgage along with all my other assets in Quicken. As Mr Gumpertz points out, regardless of whether I import 0% or 100% of the mortgage (the only options currently afforded me by Quicken), my net worth and other mortgage calculations are incorrect.

We also keep our finances separate. We only share one checking account and a mortgage. I would love to be able to split these assets so that only half would show up in my net worth. This has nothing to do with partnerships, S Corps.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We also keep our finances separate. We only share one checking account and a mortgage. I would love to be able to split these assets so that only half would show up in my net worth."
    It's VERY simple, in Q to create memorized Net Worth reports that only show YOUR accounts and "other's" accounts.
    BUT how would you handle income and expenses?  Are they separate also?  You COULD use Tags for this purpose ... but would you REALLY want to get down to the nitty gritty of "Who ate how much cereal, from the Grocery expense"?
    OR, you could imply have 2 Q data files, "splitting" those shared items with offsetting accounts as was suggested some time ago in this thread (perhaps by Tom Young).
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • niccinicci Unconfirmed, Member
    Hi all. My husband recently inherited four properties that we now co-own with his brother. I was quite surprised to find there is no way to have a shared asset in Quicken today. And at some of the comments here. Not sure how this would not be considered a personal finance topic.

Has anyone figured out anything creative with low manual entry?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Not sure how this would not be considered a personal finance topic. "
    Because shared assets are, most commonly, a business function ... not a personal function.
    What your husband has is a Partnership ... not a Sole Proprietorship, and Q simply doesn't handle Partnerships.  Try Quickbooks.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • JRuffJRuff Member ✭✭
    edited July 15
    [removed - violation of community guidelines]
  • JRuffJRuff Member ✭✭
    edited July 15
    > @NotACPA said:
    > "Not sure how this would not be considered a personal finance topic. "Because shared assets are, most commonly, a business function ... not a personal function.What your husband has is a Partnership ... not a Sole Proprietorship, and Q simply doesn't handle Partnerships.  Try Quickbooks.

[removed - violation of community guidelines]

No, Quickbooks doesn't give a PFS, it's not a solution. In a PFS for one person, only one person's assets can be shown and that means splitting even spouse owned assets.