When creating a new data file, add "Social Security Income" to list of default Categories, Q Win US

UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
When creating a new empty data file, the list of default Categories added to the new file currently does not contain these categories:
  • Social Security Income, self
  • Social Security Income, spouse
There are many Quicken users about to retire or already retired. Having these categories available as a default would benefit them.

In my example above they are subcategories to "Other Income", but they could also be defined as main categories.
Quicken programmers, please consider adding these categories to every new data file as it is  created and add them to the list of categories available under Tools / Category List / Options button / Manage Categories.
Thank you,
UKR

4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    Meh. The way you created the categories is probably different from the way others, such as myself, created them.

I got my very first SS deposit last month (!) and it took me one minute to create the category and associate it with the tax line item. I chose to make SS an “empty” top-level category with self and spouse as subcategories. Who’s to say where in the hierarchy those 2 categories should go? It depends entirely on where you want to see them in reports.

I would prefer not to see product suggestions to “add category X by default” for every common category missing from the default list. There’s a boatload of them, and adding them is trivial.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.