• Randy L
    Randy L Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

[Removed - Duplicate Post]

• rb-2
    rb-2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, and while they're at it, bring back "Billminder". :)

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released.

Thank you

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Peggy S
    Peggy S Member ✭✭
    Options

👏👏👏👏👏

• Dana
    Dana Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am waiting in great anticipation for some solution to this issue. I would suggest that the "unmatched" transactions are frequently, if not always, in the register, but were never matched automatically when they were downloaded. At least, that's been my experience. At times, the 'ctrl+shift' workaround worked when I changed the date. At other times, it stayed in the "unmatched" pop-up window.

• Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What is the Ctrl+Shift work around?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To all those complaining about this: When did you last reconcile your accounts? Why didn't you remove the unmatched transactions then?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hmm, I reconcile each of my accounts every month and do not recall ever having the option of removing unmatched transactions. Maybe you would be so kind as to show us how to remove these that we don't see

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

See this comment (Not that it is anything a sane person would want to put up with):

@UKR I think you might need to go back and review what this thread is talking about. At first when I jumped back into this thread, I thought it was about some people wanting to remove Unmatched transactions from the Downloaded Transactions tab, but that isn't what this thread is about. And I hope others aren't confused either.

This thread is about the "Manual Match" transaction list. As in the list of transactions that have yet to be matched and as such might be possible matches for a manual match.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Chris_QPW. You summarized it well. I'll wait for it to be fixed.

• Janet Wytzka Anderson
    Options

I really do not understand how this has not been fixed already. Please come up with a fix.

• drioux
    drioux Member ✭✭
    Options

Agree, should have ability to remove and cleanup unmatched transaction lists

• Dnoren
    Dnoren Member
    Options

Chiming in with my agreement as well. Have been a Quicken user since 2006 and have always found it odd that there's no process to remove the unmatched transactions that have already been downloaded, cleared, and reconciled. Hopefully, this thread will prompt swift action. Thanks!

• DDub
    DDub Member ✭✭
    Options

Please fix this already! The old trick to remove these from the list no longer works. The list of Unmatched Transactions keeps growing longer and longer! This includes VOIDED transactions and other transactions that for some reason didn't have a matching downloaded transaction that had to be cleared manually.

We used to be able to remove them from the list by manually "posting" them using this process, which no longer works:

1. View the listing of un-downloaded transactions in the "Manually Match Transactions" window
    2. Find the transaction in the register.
    3. Right-Click the transaction then hold CTRL while clicking "Copy Transaction." A dialogue box is displayed.
    4. Review data:
      (1) Is "Downloaded Transaction" checked?
      (2) Is a date added to the "Posting Date" field

• DDub
    DDub Member ✭✭
    Options

There was a way to clear these manually at one point — I used to do it all the time. The process was:

1. Find the transaction in the register.
    2. Right-Click the transaction then hold CTRL while clicking "Copy Transaction." A dialogue box is displayed.
    3. Review data:
      (1) Check "Downloaded Transaction"
      (2) Add a date to "Posting Date" field

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, but it was broken/taken away quite a long time ago, and it was never ideal. Can you imagine trying to get more than one or two removed that way?

But let's face it, if the developers hide something behind a strange sequence of keys, it isn't a "feature" for the average customer, and is subject to being removed, forgotten, broken at any time.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MrGadget957
    MrGadget957 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Development Team - it's now the end of February! We the PAYING customers are still waiting for the fix!!!!

How about you stop Breaking/Taking Away Things! I remember when Quicken was great. Now it seems to be broken more than it works. I've been using Quicken since the 5.25 inch floppies and now I'm so close to getting rid of Quicken it isn't funny. Maybe Quicken should hire better programmers!

• andywoj00
    andywoj00 Member
    Options

Yep, this needs to be fixed ASAP. FFS, make this update will you? It's been YEARS since this issue was brought up and it's still eff'd up. Listen to your paying customers.

• David Gir
    David Gir Member
    Options

It is super anoying. I simply can't believe its that difficult. It must be in the database somewhere and the old entry simply needs to be cleared on demand.

• Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I do believe on the last Quicken update the Unmatched Transaction issue has been fixed??

• Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't tried it yet but this is long awaited feature seems to completed

• Snorkle
    Snorkle Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When downloaded transactions are manually matched there is now a 'remove from list' option. At the moment I do not have an unmatched transaction to try this on. In the past I have removed unmatched transactions by importing a downloaded QFX file when that option has been available. Unmatched transactions have shown up in the register with a missing downloaded ID which triggers a match when the transactions in the QFX file are imported. I am curious to see if the 'remove from list' option has any affect on the register entry, e.g. adding a placeholder for the downloaded ID.